Hunt on for taxi driver charging 1,500 baht from Don Mueang airport to downtown Bangkok

webfact

On 6/21/2019 at 5:20 AM, Skallywag said:

Setting a price for food or service is up to the one providing it, it is called capitalism.  

Yes indeed, but a problem arises when somebody is charging way more than what is common, without putting up a sign stating the price or informing the customer about the price before preparing the order.

The usual price for some sliced water melon from a food vendor is 10-20 THB, depending on the size. If somebody bought watermelon from such a fruit vendor many times before and paid 10-20 THB he expects to pay something similar the next time he buys this.

If the vendor now suddenly asks for 50 THB after preparing the water melon and handing it to the customer, the customer will of course feel ripped off.

The vendor could easily avoid this by putting up a sign "Watermelon: 50 THB", but with such a sign he would not get many customers.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Grab had bought the Uber operations network sometime back  and now Grab runs perfectly, as you surely must know ????

No I Didn't Know, Don't Use Taxis Here Apart from ONE Guy when we go to Udon Airport from Nong Khai, He is a Taxi Meter BUT Doesn't Switch the Meter On....Fixed Charge of 600 Baht, Which I'm quite happy to pay for the 60km Trip....

3 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

No I Didn't Know, Don't Use Taxis Here Apart from ONE Guy when we go to Udon Airport from Nong Khai, He is a Taxi Meter BUT Doesn't Switch the Meter On....Fixed Charge of 600 Baht, Which I'm quite happy to pay for the 60km Trip....

download the GRAB app on your smartphone...it will give you a fixed rate for your trip and if you really want to patronize the regular taxis you have a basis to negotiate the price. And best of all, you can pay in cash with a GRAB trip....for nothing would I stop using it, Have a nice weekend.

19 hours ago, observer90210 said:

download the GRAB app on your smartphone...it will give you a fixed rate for your trip and if you really want to patronize the regular taxis you have a basis to negotiate the price. And best of all, you can pay in cash with a GRAB trip....for nothing would I stop using it, Have a nice weekend.

Don't have a SMART Phone anyway,So Cannot Do.....But as I Said I'm quite happy with what we get charged for the trip & It's usually only twice or 3 Times a Year....

Archived