BANGKOK 18 July 2019 08:25
webfact

Video: Pregnant woman dies after horrific pick-up smash on Koh Samui

The pickup driver stated in mitigation that a bike had cut him up but watching vid.one can see no vehicle in front of pickup for quite some time before impact.

Just another cowardly excuse for a man he should not be spared the wrath of Thai justice.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

a policeman on point duty stands in the middle of the road oblivious to his own mortality.

Ah but did you see his amulet?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheHangingJudge said:

The pickup driver stated in mitigation that a bike had cut him up but watching vid.one can see no vehicle in front of pickup

The pickup enters the screen already on the pavement, so chances are he did swerve to avoid something, out of screen shot...

Doesn't excuse the excessive speed at all though !!

• Like 2

I am retired on Samui. 

Recently I did a trip to Phuket which was an eye-opener.  The traffic in Phuket was immeasurably better behaved.  People new where they were going, allowed others to do the same,  The flow was faster and I felt a whole lot safer - more like driving in my old home cities in Australia where accident rates are very low.

I came back, drove off the ferry and into a collection of idiots.  The drivers on Samui are unbelievably stupid compared to wehat I experienced on the mainland.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Stupid!  SAD!  but predictable in Thailand.  absolute idiots here.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He told police that out of shot another motorcycle had cut in front of him causing him to swerve and lose control of his vehicle. 

Complete <deleted>, the speed he was going when he killed the girl no one could have cut in front of him, the video shows him swerving to the left side of the road so where was the other motorcycle... not in the outside lane cutting in front of him. motorcycles can't go the fast... Manslaughter !

21 hours ago, missoura said:

this accident might have been avoided if

The woman had ridden away immediately to a place or point where she could have made her U-turn safely. But shit happens.....

Posted (edited)

Tragic. But this is Kuayland. Where the majorty of people should simply not be allowed to drive.

After all when you step inside a car you are effectively at the weheel of a 1 - 2 ton weapon. I wouldn't be comfortable investing that kind of responsibility in the vast majority of young Thai people that's for damn sure. This little f***wit was traveling way too fast (as is so often the case here) and even with his excuses, which are most likely BS, he has killed two innocents. 

Edited by CanterbrigianBangkoker
  • Like 2

yet more incompetent Thai  driving ,animal behind a wheel deigned for intelligent humans !

• Like 2
  • Confused 1