Senate speaker says MPs have no right to examine senatorial selection process

webfact

8 hours ago, smedly said:

seem to have had an election in Thailand and nothing has changed, it certainly isn't democracy 

8 hours ago, smedly said:

Of course MP's have a right - the Senate represents the people - the people elected MP's to represent them - they have every right 

We seem to have had an election in Thailand and nothing has changed, it certainly isn't democracy 

Huh, you realized this already today ????

7 hours ago, Eligius said:

Just looking at this Speaker's face fills me with confidence in the goodness of his character: doesn't he look so morally clean, pure, benevolent, ethical, upright, filled with honesty and integrity?

I am sure you will agree!

Yes, he is a most honourable man.

11 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Oh? So a democratically elected member of the lower house has no right to question the selection process of the senate?

In exactly the same way as democratically-elected members of the House of Commons have no right to question the selection process of the House of Lords back the UK. So not peculiar to Thailand.

In exactly the same way as democratically-elected members of the House of Commons have no right to question the selection process of the House of Lords back the UK. So not peculiar to Thailand.

Are senators in the uk appointed by the person that got into power via a coup? I am also guessing they do not get to vote on who becomes the PM either. This situation is very peculiar to Thailand. Suggesting that it is simular to the british system is ludicrous

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, nikmar said:

Remember when Prayut promised transparency?????

Two of the least transparent governments (around the globe) are both claiming to be the most transparent.

Coincidence or trend!

20 hours ago, webfact said:

In the motion, submitted to House of Representatives, the opposition questioned the legitimacy of the 250 senators and sought a debate on the issue of regulations regarding the selection of the senators, the selection process, conflicts of interest and the 1.3 billion baht spent.

1.3 billion divided by 250= lol

Archived