Do People employed with Visa and Work permit need to report TM30

Yes you are required by law to do so.

But... I work at a company with BOI approval and none of my coworkers ever heard about tm30 or tm28. We made 2 extensions in May (Done at the one stop service center) and none of them were asked anything related to those forms. And I hope it will continue like that.

This TM30 got so ridiculous that everytime you leave your place and come back, or move to another place even within a few days, you need to fill and report TM30, reminiscing of 1930-45 Europe and the USSR...

• Like 2

Am on an extension of stay based on retirment. Have been for 6 years. Age 62 now. From the US.

I have been asked to be a consultant for a local huge private security company that has contracts with NGOs and local provincial government (Thai) offices and hospitals as well as a huge private industrial and home cleaning subsidiary company.

Need something to do other than gardening...lol. So want to take the position. But what do I have to do and how to do whatever? I know what the company has to do as do they and that is all okay with them. 

I have always done the income letter method... only because I could and not tie up money (private as I do not yet receive SS or pension from my union... but have a good portfolio that keeps me in funds). I live in the northwest. So not expensive to do that. Not married... just had the cultural blessing... same woman... government employee with health department 26+ yrs.

What do I do? I would love the job. Not really for the money or the contract... but really for something to do. It is purely as a consultant... not a teacher. I was an Executive Producer for years and know my way around contracts, financial and business practices. It is nice to be wanted with such desire by folks here in the business community. This is a legit offer as I have known the owners for 5 years.

Just need some advice. My present visa expires in October and had planned to do the 800k method to renew... but would rather not lose dividends from investments that the aprox 24k US would cost me.

Edited by iamariva1957
Typos... small keys on phone and large thumbs.

24 minutes ago, iamariva1957 said:

What do I do? I would love the job. Not really for the money or the contract... but really for something to do. It is purely as a consultant... not a teacher. I was an Executive Producer for years and know my way around contracts, financial and business practices. It is nice to be wanted with such desire by folks here in the business community. This is a legit offer as I have known the owners for 5 years.

You would need a work permit, a non-b visa and then apply for an extension based upon working.

You have to leave the country and enter on a tourist visa to apply for the work permit and then go out again for a non-b visa.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would need a work permit, a non-b visa and then apply for an extension based upon working.

You have to leave the country and enter on a tourist visa to apply for the work permit and then go out again for a non-b visa.

But I already have an 1 -year Extension Based on Retirement (+6  years now) so have a visa already. I would have to let that one play out (October) then leave ... come back in on a VE or Tourist visa and then go through the method with a Non-b?

Seems that... and it was sort of told that this morning at my local IO... that I could change over once my present visa was up (or a few days before... I forget the number of days prior they told me). Though we all know that what is said by one officer may not be the entire reality.

I know that I need a work permit and the company in question is fine with doing their part. Surely, as my local IO knows me very well and I have always followed the rules and personally know everyone working there that changing over to a new visa status should be ...yes I did say "should be"... lol... straight forward and relatively easy. Or am I completely wrong and either they are or I am full of beans?

10 minutes ago, iamariva1957 said:

I know that I need a work permit and the company in question is fine with doing their part. Surely, as my local IO knows me very well and I have always followed the rules and personally know everyone working there that changing over to a new visa status should be ...yes I did say "should be"... lol... straight forward and relatively easy. Or am I completely wrong and either they are or I am full of beans?

The problem is applying for the work permit. The majority of work permit offices will not accept an application for one while on an extension of stay based upon retirement since you are not allowed to work on one. That is why a I wrote you would have to get a tourist visa to apply for one. After the application is accepted and approved you could apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category B) entry at immigration if you and the company can qualify for it. See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_72

Leaving to get a tourist visa would allow you to start working sooner since you would not have to wait for your current extension to end.