Court fines for bail infringements can now be paid at 7-Eleven

webfact

Court fines for bail infringements can now be paid at 7-Eleven

5pm.jpg

Picture: TNA

The Justice Ministry have signed an agreement with Counter Service Co Ltd so that fines levied on guarantors can be paid in future at 7-Eleven and other outlets. 

Rawut Benjakul a secretary of the Justice Ministry and Wiradech Akkraphonphanich of Counter Service inked the agreement at the central criminal court in Ratchada, Bangkok yesterday. 

When people on bail do not show up in court fines are levied on guarantors. Previously they would have to travel to a court to pay the fines.

Now they can conveniently go to a convenience store!

The money is paid via Counter Service to KTB Corporate Online. 

Source: TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-20

O M G..... WHY? Is this trying for modernization easiness for all the opposition MP's that will be brought to justice for holding media shares?

Maybe you can also have 7-11 products delivered straight to the jail cell or prison one stays in. Nothing like pure convenience when being inconvenienced!

I

This is ludicrous. But unfortunately it only goes to show that scores of people are apparently jumping bail in this country, otherwise a service like this wouldn't be initiated.

Will 7-Eleven branches set up special lanes for bail guarantors, perhaps? I expect lines to be quite long and don't want to waste time just paying for my tooth brush. 

And what's next? Transferring tea money to police and state officials through 7-Eleven so you don't have to drop by in person with your thick brown envelope in the briefcase? 

How about a system for 'pre-paid fines' for eg speeding etc.

Every 1000 baht  you spend you get 10 baht on your card. If you don't do anything wrong for a year you can use it against purchases in the following year or even for your road tax.

????????

I wouldn't want to wash my dirty laundry in public. I'd rather pay anonymously. What will the neighbours say if by chance they're standing behind me in the queue. I'd never live it down. The ultimate lose face.

"You'll never guess who I saw in the 7/11 paying his bail money."
"No, who?"
"What's his name, I always knew he was a wrongen"
"No, never, wait till I tell Maureen. She won't believe it."
"Mmm"
"Mmm"

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

I wouldn't want to wash my dirty laundry in public. I'd rather pay anonymously. What will the neighbours say if by chance they're standing behind me in the queue. I'd never live it down. The ultimate lose face.

"No, who?"
"Mmm"
"Mmm"

Before you know it, according the the gossip circle you'll discover you've been released on bail for mass murder.

15 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

"No, who?"
"Mmm"
"Mmm"

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And keep this between us, two of his credit cards didn't work. He had to go out to the ATM and get cash. Now I feel really sorry for his poor wife.

11 hours ago, zydeco said:

Immigration should arrange it so that we can do the TM 30 at 7 Eleven.

I'm sure they can arrange for us to be able to pay the fine for not submitting it. Actually a brilliant idea, just make sure the immigration offices are open only 3-4am on Mondays to get the real $ effect.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

When people on bail do not show up in court fines are levied on guarantors. Previously they would have to travel to a court to pay the fines.

Now they can conveniently go to a convenience store!

Instead of the courts asking the guarantors where the bail-jumpers might be?

Great idea!

Archived