BANGKOK
webfact

Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

1 hour ago, VBF said:

@fresher I know you're retired but do you get a State Pension yet? My reason for asking is in #117 above

Yes I do receive the state pension (6 years), I have just had to let them see my bank statement, with the government payment in my receipts, to get the Non-O visa. I used to go to their office in Cardiff, but 2? years ago they made multiple entry Non-O visa available only in the London embassy. But always very straight forward to do, first by visiting the Cardiff office then posting to London.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Proof of address in UK ,  naughty .

Big brother could pick this up , community tax payments  etc . Omg .

Edited by elliss

8 hours ago, dcnx said:

Don’t understand the logic behind one embassy ditching the METV. 

I think the key question here, seemingly totally unaddressed in the OP article, is is this move by the London Embassy some kind of singular move, OR is this the first sign of the MFA and all its embassies/consulates discontinuing the Multi-Entry O???

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, elliss said:

Proof of address in UK ,  naughty .

Big brother could pick this up , community tax payments  etc . Omg .

Not a problem......

The Royal Thai Embassy in London can issue visa to the passport holders of the above-mentioned countries, provided that the applicant has a residence status in the United Kingdom or Ireland.

So if you're applying at the London Embassy, you should be UK - resident.  So you'll be paying those anyway. You are, aren't you? 🙄

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

As for the 30 Day Visa Exempt notice; if I have the cash and proof for onward travel on me, does that mean that I am 'guaranteed' entry with reference to the London embassy's info, or may the IO at the airport just laugh at me as he is allowed to 'make his own rules'?

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1

If we were dealing with a free fair elected government then we may expect more but we all know and understand this is not the situation at the moment soo we all just have to hold on tight and hope the ride does not throw us off

Sent from my LDN-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

They should offer now a short way to permanent residency independent from working history but dependent how long you are married and how good you are integrated in the society

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

• Haha 1

They should offer now a short way to permanent residency independent from working history but dependent how long you are married and how good you are integrated in the society

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect
I completely agree

Sent from my LDN-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I always get a non o multi from London on the basis of a dependent Thai child.
His and mine passports, tabien baans, divorce and custody documents...fairly straightforward...
now...do i have to get a disease check and a police check and only get a single entry ?
i have 100,000 bht coming into Thailand every month
..does anyone have any ideas ?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Confused 1

I hope to come thailand for 2 months dec and jan, 2019-2020,  I will have a 2 month air ticket, I usually come on 30 day Visa exempt, and get an 30 extension in Udon, Will I still be able to do that ?