Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

So SETV - financial bit, what exactly do they want to see?  

Maybe been answered already but I got to page 7 of 20 and gave up haha

If I made an appointment to get a new SETV from the Liverpool Consulate, could I skip all that you think?  It doesn't mention any of that on the website.

Edited by SamuiAddict

27 minutes ago, SamuiAddict said:

If I made an appointment to get a new SETV from the Liverpool Consulate, could I skip all that you think?

I think you would not need anything more than the application from, your passport and the fee.

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You get them here here by applying at a immigration office.

First you get a one year extension by showing 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

Then you would apply for a re-entry permit to keep the extension valid if you want to travel. A single is 1000 baht and a multiple is 3800 baht.

Thanks Joe.

I'm retired and I only want to come to Pattaya two or three times a year and stay for 2 or 3 months each time.

Any suggestions?

It's unbelievable what they want us to do to spend a bit time and often a considerable amount of money in their country. I usually spend 4 - 5,000 GBPs (150K - 190K baht in the three months that I'm there. That's not including the Thai Airways flight.

Many blokes spend more than that.

I remember when they used to welcome us with open arms.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

Thanks Joe.

I'm retired and I only want to come to Pattaya two or three times a year and stay for 2 or 3 months each time.

Any suggestions?

It's unbelievable what they want us to do to spend a bit time and often a considerable amount of money in their country. I usually spend 4 - 5,000 GBPs (150K - 190K baht in the three months that I'm there. That's not including the Thai Airways flight.

Many blokes spend more than that.

I remember when they used to welcome us with open arms.

ah but you see we are now competing with mass tourism and these 'new tourists' spend approximately 50,000 baht per person (according to the figures released yesterday) but unlike you and me they'll go home after a few days so while we are gobbling up all the resources for our 3 month stays they can cram 20 or 30 of them through in the same time frame.

all of the upside, none of the mongering. 

game over.

Edited by GeorgeCross
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SamuiAddict said:

So SETV - financial bit, what exactly do they want to see?  

Maybe been answered already but I got to page 7 of 20 and gave up haha

If I made an appointment to get a new SETV from the Liverpool Consulate, could I skip all that you think?  It doesn't mention any of that on the website.

That's what I'll be doing in August then.  Only an hour on the train from Manchester and I enjoy going to Liverpool anyway so no biggie.  Will report how things went when the time comes.

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

You could get a single entry tourist visa for each trip.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Scoobydoo1 said:

I heard that Hull in the UK are also no longer issuing one year multiple entry non O visas. I always used to go Birmingham when I was back there but that has now closed. Are there any other consulates in the UK that issue them?

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Hull haven’t been issuing Multi Entry for a couple of years at least.

1 hour ago, Scoobydoo1 said:
1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Hull haven’t been issuing Multi Entry for a couple of years at least.

Do Liverpool still do them?

The honorary consulates are now heavily restricted in the visas they are allowed to process. None of them are allowed to issue multiple entry Non O. Less clear is what the official consulates in Glasgow and Dublin are permitted to do.

EDIT: The official consulates are not allowed to issue multiple Non O either, according to http://www.thaiconsulscotland.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Application-Form-2019.pdf

Consulates are no longer able to issue multiple entry non immigrant visas. Multiple entries can only be applied for at the Embassy in London in person or by post.

As a consequence, a multiple entry Non O is no longer available anywhere in the UK.

Edited by BritTim
Confirmed situation with ME Non O
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2019 at 12:29 AM, rumbo1 said:

Would this also mean anyone arriving visa exempt or tv and planning a 1900 baht 30 day extension now have the added expense of having to pay for a change of return flight details ?

While it would require a short-term commitment of funds, one could buy a VERY EXPENSIVE one way FULLY-REFUNDABLE ticket to show proof of onward travel and then cancel after arrival for FULL REFUND.  Your flight does not need to be round-trip, but you must show proof of onward travel.  One can always state that the later round-trip departure was for convenience; it was cheaper to pay for a 90-day stay than a 30-day stay, etc.

I'm applying for a Non B (employment) via the online e visa application system, London.

All was well until I got to "Step 3" where it asked for details of my flight. Two questions:
1) Is this something I can ignore and press forward with? I mean, do I really have to buy a ticket to fill this part out before the visa has even been approved? It's got a red asterix next to it, I presumed it was required, so I haven't gone any further.
2) Presuming the three month Non B is approved (cross fingers!) my future boss will apply for a work permit in those three months, so can't I just get a one way and only fill that part (arrival) out accordingly and not have to shell out extra for the return?

Thank you in advance. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WyrldTraveler said:
On 6/20/2019 at 6:29 AM, rumbo1 said:

Would this also mean anyone arriving visa exempt or tv and planning a 1900 baht 30 day extension now have the added expense of having to pay for a change of return flight details ?

While it would require a short-term commitment of funds, one could buy a VERY EXPENSIVE one way FULLY-REFUNDABLE ticket to show proof of onward travel and then cancel after arrival for FULL REFUND.  Your flight does not need to be round-trip, but you must show proof of onward travel.  One can always state that the later round-trip departure was for convenience; it was cheaper to pay for a 90-day stay than a 30-day stay, etc.

@rumbo1That is precisely my worry.

What I think is the crux of your question is:

Can I get a SETV by saying on the application, that I wish to stay for 90 days and showing a ticket for that period of time and noting that I intend doing an extension after 60 days?

At present, we just don't know!

That's one reason I'm exploring the option of getting a Non Imm O - a single entry is good for 90 days. BUT, I don't yet get my State Pension so it would be based on showing £10,000 in the bank for 3 months and there's no obvious mechanism for that - see my post #117 and comments I made later about contacting the embassy to ask them.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

I can’t even get to the end of the form online without it saying access denied or freezing despite numerous attempts....I’m wanting to apply for a new O-A.....I hope it’s just the bedding in period of the website....but what will people do who can’t operate or get their online applications done?.......

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

19 hours ago, thaibry said:

Could you please explain further. I was unaware that a visa could be obtained in Thailand.

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

The nearest thing to a 'Visa'  you can obtain is really when an  Entry/ Permit to Stay, from a Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa is 'converted' to be that of a Non-Imm-O, at Immigration. It is expected to be a precursor or enabler, for applying for a One year Extension. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ConfuciounRains said:

All was well until I got to "Step 3" where it asked for details of my flight. Two questions:
1) Is this something I can ignore and press forward with? I mean, do I really have to buy a ticket to fill this part out before the visa has even been approved? It's got a red asterix next to it, I presumed it was required, so I haven't gone any further.

Many embassies and consulate require a flight to Thailand when applying for a visa. I think some of them do it as proof you are actually in the country where you are applying and will be traveling from there.

Does it ask for a flight number or just the date you plan on traveling?

8 hours ago, patinchis said:

I can’t even get to the end of the form online without it saying access denied or freezing despite numerous attempts....I’m wanting to apply for a new O-A.....I hope it’s just the bedding in period of the website....but what will people do who can’t operate or get their online applications done?.......

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

do they not have beta-testers in thailand?

11 hours ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

I think Savannakhet are still issuing one year multiple entry visas but this article tells me it won't be for much longer. Is anyone aware of another Thai embassy or consulate in Asia that is also currently issuing them?

Where does it say that? Or you reading unfounded speculation by some posters.

I don't think they will stop issuing them anytime soon.

The consulates in Ho Chi Minh City and Penang (with financial proof) are issuing them.

Where does it say that? Or you reading unfounded speculation by some posters.
I don't think they will stop issuing them anytime soon.
The consulates in Ho Chi Minh City and Penang (with financial proof) are issuing them.
I'm not going on unfounded speculation. I'm going on the fact that more embassies and consulates worldwide, seem to be following suit.

Does Savannakhet require financial proof? Just asking as I intend to go there this timd next month.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

48 minutes ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

I'm not going on unfounded speculation. I'm going on the fact that more embassies and consulates worldwide, seem to be following suit.

Still speculation. Only 2 of them have been forced to stop due to using the online application system.

The  Beijing embassy was the first one to use the online application and then the UK and France. Those were the only 3 ever mentioned as using it.

Since the online application site was first used by the Beijing embassy they set it up based upon their requirements. The Beijing embassy did not do multiple entry non immigrant visas so that is why the are not being done in London and Paris.

48 minutes ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

Does Savannakhet require financial proof?

No they do not. Neither does HCMC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The Beijing embassy did not do multiple entry non immigrant visas so that is why the are not being done in London and Paris.

A temporary situation or a permanent one?

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

A temporary situation or a permanent one?

Permanent.

The e-Visa is a global system, so when it's introduced to more Countries, the same choices and conditions will apply as written into the software.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thaibry said:

It was, and still is a 'O' visa based on receipt of State Pension for the purpose of visiting Thailand for up to 90 days.

The difference is that it is that it can no longer be used for multiple entries.

Please read carefully before making incorrect posts.

You would need to show me where that option appears in the online system. As far as I can see there are no options for Non O regarding retirement, only O-A and O-X.

Maybe you should reconsider your comment on incorrect posts.

10 hours ago, VBF said:

That's one reason I'm exploring the option of getting a Non Imm O - a single entry is good for 90 days. BUT, I don't yet get my State Pension so it would be based on showing £10,000 in the bank for 3 months and there's no obvious mechanism for that - see my post #117 and comments I made later about contacting the embassy to ask them.

They stopped issuing the Non Imm O SE Visa on the basis of being 50 and over back in late 2014, even though the site still stated otherwise.

For retirement purposes it was then only issued on the basis of being 65 and in receipt of the state pension.

The E-Visa system now appears to offer the Non Imm O SE on the basis of being 50 or over with financial proof, so it would be interesting to know how you get on and if you succeed.