Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

7 minutes ago, SEtonal said:

That didn't stop you from registering on the Vientiane Consulate online appointment system.  

That was a lot easier to register on. Easy to check for appointments to update people on the availability of them.

The one being discussed asks for way to much information to register.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Many embassies and consulate require a flight to Thailand when applying for a visa. I think some of them do it as proof you are actually in the country where you are applying and will be traveling from there.

Does it ask for a flight number or just the date you plan on traveling?

(Non B Visa: original post question) "All was well until I got to "Step 3" where it asked for details of my flight. Two questions:
1) Is this something I can ignore and press forward with? I mean, do I really have to buy a ticket to fill this part out before the visa has even been approved? It's got a red asterix next to it, I presumed it was required, so I haven't gone any further.
2) Presuming the three month Non B is approved (cross fingers!) my future boss will apply for a work permit in those three months, so can't I just get a one way and only fill that part (arrival) out accordingly and not have to shell out extra for the return? "

Thanks for replying to original post: Attached is the screenshot of the 'Section 3' stage regarding what they ask for (note the *)...

1635991266_thaivisa.jpg.b3714464f8046b2df08398bbfde910a7.jpg

Edited by ConfuciounRains

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

See post #376.

I did - by "confirms", I meant a report from someone actually applying and either succeeding in getting a visa OR being rejected!

Certainly, 376 gives me hope, but as you and others have pointed out, there are several contradictions on the new system.

Edited by VBF

6 minutes ago, ConfuciounRains said:

Attached is the screenshot of the 'Section 3' stage regarding what they ask for...

If all that want is a flight number that is not to bad.

Only if they wanted a copy of your ticket uploaded could it be a problem.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If all that want is a flight number that is not to bad.

Only if they wanted a copy of your ticket uploaded could it be a problem.

Apparently, a confirmed ticket is needed so presumably that's one of the required documents. (?)

I need a system what is flexible enough to deal with frequent visits to Thailand. I do not need an 1 year extension as i maybe stay only in the first quarter and the last quarter of the year in Thailand. In fact I will not meet the requirements as My wife is running our business in Europe.
I personally believe that the new online system is a farce as the problems are located in Thailand in the different Immigration offices with their own interpretations of the law. Why they not change that in stead of blaming the embassies and consulates in foreign countries . Again they go the wrong way.

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Just you as far as I can recall.

But if I recall correctly you were applying based upon being the parent of a Thai not marriage. I suspect there was a problem with your application due to that being the reason.

Thanks Joe. Your comment is correct - good memory. Have previously been issued with 4 visas no problems.

10 minutes ago, mngmn said:

Thanks Joe. Your comment is correct - good memory. Have previously been issued with 4 visas no problems.

Not sure what the problem was. They should of told you why they did not issue it.

Perhaps they have decided not issue them based upon being the parent of a Thai.

Seeing that the first two lines in the image below ask for intended dates of arrival and departure, I take it that the remaining four lines refer to those intended dates and therefore can be read to mean

Intended duration of stay

Intended port of arrival

Intended type of flight

Intended flight No

Intended flight.jpg

27 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Seeing that the first two lines in the image below ask for intended dates of arrival and departure, I take it that the remaining four lines refer to those intended dates and therefore can be read to mean

Intended duration of stay

Intended port of arrival

Intended type of flight

Intended flight No

Intended flight.jpg

That would make sense - on the OLD style form, when I applied for a SETV, I always wrote that my intended stay in Thailand was 60 days, knowing full well that I was going to buy a ticket for 80 + days and extend my permission to stay at Jomtien at the appropriate time. All entirely legal IMO.

That worked because I never had to show a booked ticket to get the visa - in fact I never bought my ticket or booked accommodation until after I had received my visa.

So now, if I book a ticket for (say) 80 days stay in Thailand, then apply for a SETV and show them the ticket, will they reject because the ticket is for over 60 days, or assume that I intend to do an extension?

The trouble is, we don't know without actually trying it and potentially being denied.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

In the Non O section there is a section near the bottom stating if you are in receipt of the UK State Pension.

I am more than happy to be corrected, and would see it as good news. That has been tagged on to the bottom of the non O since the original came out.

Apologies for the poor photo quality, bit of a hurry, using Chrome and the Chinese do not like it.

IMG_20190622_181644.jpg

19 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I am more than happy to be corrected, and would see it as good news. That has been tagged on to the bottom of the non O since the original came out.

Apologies for the poor photo quality, bit of a hurry, using Chrome and the Chinese do not like it.

<image snipped for clarity>

But then, elsewhere on the site, there's a contradiction that appears to offer an alternative - I won't clutter this thread up - see my #117

Edited by VBF
<image snipped for clarity>

I asked the London embassy what the Thai DFA suggests as the appropriate visa for an unmarried alien father of a Thai child wishing to make multiple visits to Thailand to care for their child. Their response:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Unfortunately now the system is not allowed to issue non-immigrant type O ,1 year multiple entries so you must apply single entry visa and extend your visa when you arrived in Thailand with immigration officer.

Extension of Stay

Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau (http://www.immigration.go.th). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.

In case if you would like long stay issue  from London, you must apply as non-immigrant 1 year O-A visa Requirement please check from the link below

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#7

Or you can apply as a tourist multiple entries for 6 months stay but you must leave the country every 60 days

To apply visa please follow this guideline 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/contents/filemanager/document/Guide to Thailand evisa v0.2.pdf

Kind Regards,

Visa Officer

This probably further confirms that the writing is on the wall for ME Non-Imm O based marriage to/parenthood of Thai citizen. It seems even legitimate users of ME O-type will face significant new barriers to visiting their family, and all who want to stay for longer periods will now have to do so via in-country Immigration offices. It's a shame really. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Finally I was able to register with a fake account.
Able to log in,but then I realized how amateurish it was programmed
Purpose of visa invalid in many constellations I tried
So what then where is EX?

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

22 minutes ago, RedCardinal said:

This probably further confirms that the writing is on the wall for ME Non-Imm O based marriage to/parenthood of Thai citizen. It seems even legitimate users of ME O-type will face significant new barriers to visiting their family, and all who want to stay for longer periods will now have to do so via in-country Immigration offices.

For marriage you can still get a multiple entry non-o visa with no financial proof in Savannakhet Laos or Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

For being the parent of a Thai you can get one in Penang if you can show 400k baht in a bank or proof of income.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

For marriage you can still get a multiple entry non-o visa with no financial proof in Savannakhet Laos or Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

For being the parent of a Thai you can get one in Penang if you can show 400k baht in a bank or proof of income.

If You got an SE NON O at London, that gives you 90 days, then once that expires go to any of the above places and get and utilize a ME NON O thus giving you 18 months total albiet having to pay for 2 visas.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RedCardinal said:

I asked the London embassy what the Thai DFA suggests as the appropriate visa for an unmarried alien father of a Thai child wishing to make multiple visits to Thailand to care for their child. Their response:

This probably further confirms that the writing is on the wall for ME Non-Imm O based marriage to/parenthood of Thai citizen. It seems even legitimate users of ME O-type will face significant new barriers to visiting their family, and all who want to stay for longer periods will now have to do so via in-country Immigration offices. It's a shame really. 

They offered me an METV and OA in Australia when my Non Immigrant O application was rejected.

On 6/20/2019 at 6:12 PM, VBF said:

For the non-immigrant "O" the requirement is stated as:

• For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#6

The bit that I've marked in red - does that mean that one can show £10K in the bank for 3 months but still NOT be in receipt of a State Pension?

IE - I'm 64 years old, retired but don't get my State Pension for another 2 years, but I could show > £10K in an online, instant-access savings account for 3 months.

It doesn't need to be a 'State' pension. It can be any pension you are drawing at 50 years old you supply a copy of a 1 months bank statement showing pension income or showing 3 months of bank statements showing a minimum balance of £10,000 for the previous 3 months.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

6 minutes ago, mngmn said:

They offered me an METV and OA in Australia when my Non Immigrant O application was rejected.

The Non O-A is possible if you are over 50. The METV is risky for regular visits unless willing to go to the hassle and expense of flying to neighbouring countries (rather than direct to Thailand) and entering by land. Immigration reserves the right to decide you should not have been issued the METV if you do not fit their profile of a "genuine tourist".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

It doesn't need to be a 'State' pension. It can be any pension you are drawing at 50 years old or older OR showing 3 months of bank statements showing a minimum balance of £10,000 for the previous 3 months.

So scroll up the very same page in my post to which you have replied, and you will see:

"O"   To visit Thai spouse, children, parents, voluntary job, retirement (with State Pension)

As I keep saying....it's contradictory.

The alternative, as i asked in 117, "is the £10,000 for 3 months" acceptable without a pension

Edited by VBF

Just now, VBF said:

So scroll up the very same page in my post to which you have replied, and you will see:

"O"   To visit Thai spouse, children, parents, voluntary job, retirement (with State Pension)

As I keep saying....it's contradictory.

It is here and quite plain.

Non-Immigrant Type O (single entry only)

• For dependent child (age below 20 years): A copy of birth certificate, a copy each of employment letter, passport and visa of the parent who is going to work in Thailand, and a copy of registration of the company or organisation where the parent will work 
  • For accompanying spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy each of employment letter, passport and visa of the  leading spouse, and a copy of registration of the company or organisation where the spouse will work
  • For accompanying a Thai spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse, and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.)
  • For accompanying a Thai child : A copy of Thai birth certificate, a copy of the Thai child's passport/Thai ID, a copy of marriage certificate to a Thai spouse or divorce paper/child custody paper (in case of divorce), and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.)
  • For working at an NGO/charity/volunteer work : An official recommendation letter or employment letter from NGO or organisation which undertakes volunteer work in Thailand, registration document of NGO or volunteer organisation
  • For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#7

7 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

It is here and quite plain.

Non-Immigrant Type O (single entry only)

• For dependent child (age below 20 years): A copy of birth certificate, a copy each of employment letter, passport and visa of the parent who is going to work in Thailand, and a copy of registration of the company or organisation where the parent will work 
  • For accompanying spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy each of employment letter, passport and visa of the  leading spouse, and a copy of registration of the company or organisation where the spouse will work
  • For accompanying a Thai spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse, and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.)
  • For accompanying a Thai child : A copy of Thai birth certificate, a copy of the Thai child's passport/Thai ID, a copy of marriage certificate to a Thai spouse or divorce paper/child custody paper (in case of divorce), and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.)
  • For working at an NGO/charity/volunteer work : An official recommendation letter or employment letter from NGO or organisation which undertakes volunteer work in Thailand, registration document of NGO or volunteer organisation

But can you not see the contradiction?

I repeat

At the top of the page is

implying that a State Pension is NECESSARY 

and further down the very same page is what you and I have both quoted being "or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 
with the "or"  implying that a pension is UNNECESSARY

Edited by VBF

9 minutes ago, VBF said:

But can you not see the contradiction?

I repeat

At the top of the page is

implying that a State Pension is NECESSARY 

and further down the very same page is what you and I have both quoted being "or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 
with the "or"  implying that a pension is UNNECESSARY

You need to not get confused and just rely on the E visa information once you have logged in.
People are going to get confused when they see there is now no option to apply to visit your Thai spouse or applying to visit Thai children. Those options are gone as a selection, you now select 'Visiting or staying with applicants family resided in Thailand' (Less than 60 days) Those reasons to apply for a visa have been grouped as one.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

1 hour ago, wobalt said:

...Purpose of visa invalid in many constellations I tried..

For the field Purpose of visa, do you get a pop-up list of purposes to choose from?

Just now, Maestro said:

For the field Purpose of visa, do you get a pop-up list of purposes to choose from?

Yes you do. It is the only way you can apply for the visa. You cannot select a particular type of visa. You choose the reason to visit and the system chooses the visa and fills the check box of the visa type you will need.

Just now, wobalt said:

Yes, but if try to choose from, it doesn’t work and gives instantly invalid option . I try even with the tourist visa type.
Therefore it seems not to work with safari browser/iOS.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sorry, but it works perfectly. What you CANNOT do is select a reason, move on and then try to select a different reason. You need to go to pending applications, delete that application and then start again or the system will default to your unfinished application and stop you choosing again.  That is why your seeing invalid option