Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

4 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Sorry, but I was never be able to choose any option.
If that is the case what you told me the programming is unprofessional and user unfriendly

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

Wait until you see the money grab with this one. Before, the Embassies would be kind enough to tell you: you're missing this document, come back later, and not take your money.

Now, the decisions are taken online in Bangkok, by the same people that had the great idea of enforcing TM30.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

Sorry, but it works perfectly. What you CANNOT do is select a reason, move on and then try to select a different reason. You need to go to pending applications, delete that application and then start again or the system will default to your unfinished application and stop you choosing again.  That is why your seeing invalid option

Why I hould I have a pending application even I cannot finalize one?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, PST said:

If You got an SE NON O at London, that gives you 90 days, then once that expires go to any of the above places and get and utilize a ME NON O thus giving you 18 months total albiet having to pay for 2 visas.

The question is why they would remove the multiple non imm o from London though. 

If we know the answer to that, we should be able to deduce if this plan is going to spread to other cities. 

Anyone know the reason?

Just now, wobalt said:

Sorry, but I was never be able to choose any option.
If that is the case what you told me the programming is unprofessional and user unfriendly

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

Honestly, you have to be making mistakes in how your using the system. It has been issuing thousands of visas since February from China hence they have released it to the UK and France. The system is very easy to use. In fact, the hardest part is scanning your documents down to file size of 0.5MB or less.
Perhaps read the manual and it may help. I cannot see from here what your doing wrong so cannot help any further.

Just now, wobalt said:

Why I hould I have a pending application even I cannot finalize one?

You can finalise it. You go to pending applications and click on it to continue or delete it to start again. If the system was allowed millions of pending applications, very soon it would be jammed. Hence you either complete it or delete it. 

Honestly, you have to be making mistakes in how your using the system. It has been issuing thousands of visas since February from China hence they have released it to the UK and France. The system is very easy to use. In fact, the hardest part is scanning your documents down to file size of 0.5MB or less.
Perhaps read the manual and it may help. I cannot see from here what your doing wrong so cannot help any further.

I don’t believe that thousands of visa has been issued out of these online system in China. Usually they use VOA.
I heard something different. Do you have any link?

4 minutes ago, meand said:

The question is why they would remove the multiple non imm o from London though. 

If we know the answer to that, we should be able to deduce if this plan is going to spread to other cities. 

Anyone know the reason?

3 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Rather than search through the multiple pages what were the places ?above places

On 6/21/2019 at 6:42 PM, GeorgeCross said:

ah but you see we are now competing with mass tourism and these 'new tourists' spend approximately 50,000 baht per person (according to the figures released yesterday) but unlike you and me they'll go home after a few days so while we are gobbling up all the resources for our 3 month stays they can cram 20 or 30 of them through in the same time frame.

all of the upside, none of the mongering. 

game over.

I never see Chinese, Indians or Russians spending money. If these 'new tourists are spending 50K in a few days what are they spending it on.

The Japanese and Koreans are spenders but the others don't part with a penny.

12 minutes ago, meand said:

Anyone know the reason?

They will be removed from every place that joins the online system. So it will spread.

I'm pretty sure there are other places also  that have not joined the "online revolution", that currently point blank refuse to issue multiples (even though it's in the "menu"), telling applicants "extend in Thailand".

As for the reason of it, various people will give you various answers.

Edited by lkv

2 minutes ago, meand said:

Anyone know the reason?

The parameters of the system are locked by Thai Immigration. Nobody using E visa application can apply for ME Visas except for Non B and O-A applicants. UK, French or Chinese passport holders can apply for other visas but only single entry using E visa. It is not a decision London took.

Why don't people get the 5-year multiple entry O-X visa in their home countries ? It can also be extended for a further 5 years.

Edited by Tuvoc

2 minutes ago, wobalt said:

I don’t believe that thousands of visa has been issued out of these online system in China. Usually they use VOA.
I heard something different. Do you have any link?

Only short term Chinese visitors apply for VOA. It is much the equivalent of you entering Visa exempt except for a shorter period.

1 minute ago, Maestro said:

Interesting. Only a pop-up list to select the purpose of your trip and a computer algorithm decides the visa type. Looks like very early beta testing; I'm tempted to call it upsilon testing.

We can only wait and see over the coming weeks and months who else is included in the programme and if they make any major changes to it.

7 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

Why don't people get the 5-year multiple entry O-X visa in their home countries ? It can also be extended for a further 5 years.

Because the requirements are not everybody's cup of tea, so in the future some will, some won't.

So far I don't believe O-X has had great success, and I don't think this "crackdown" will increase the numbers significantly.

Edited by lkv

4 minutes ago, lkv said:

They will be removed from every place that joins the online system. So it will spread.

I'm pretty sure there are other places also  that have not joined the "online revolution", that currently point blank refuse to issue multiples, telling applicants "extend in Thailand"

As for the reason of it, various people will give you various answers.

This is from the French Thai Embassy website that explains where we are now.

1. What is the Thai E-visa (Step I)?

Electronic Visa (Step I), or the E-visa, is a form of visa application that requires the applicant to fill in the necessary information, download the documents and pay the visa processing fee online on the website www. thaievisa.go.th .

Under the E-visa system, (Stage I), visa applicants are still obliged to deposit the passport and collect the visa at the Embassy.

1. Why the E-visa?

The Thai E-visa will be offered to tourists wishing to visit Thailand for the best experiences of their trip.

Visa applicants can, step by step, complete the visa application form, pay online and make an appointment to deposit the passport to the Embassy easily. This means that it will take less time to prepare the files and less waiting time at the Embassy.

The current E-visa (Step I) will be the start of the next E-visa system where the results of visa approval will be communicated directly to you online.

1. Are there other countries using the E-visa?

Yes, many now. E-visa demand in many developed countries, including France, has become electronic for years.

1. Do all Thai Embassies and consular offices around the world  already use E-visa?

Not yet. In order to try and evaluate the various aspects, the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs has, for now, chosen some pilot offices to test the E-visa.

Being the first Embassy chosen, the Royal Thai Embassy in Beijing started the E-visa system on February 15, 2019. The other Consulates in China will follow in late April 2019 or early May 2019.

The third group of Embassies to use the E-visa will be the Thai Embassy in Paris and London on June 17, 2019.

Indeed, if all goes well, the ultimate goal is that all Embassies and Consulates can use the E-visa.

http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa-rdv/e-visa/

4 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

The Thai E-visa will be offered to tourists wishing to visit Thailand for the best experiences of their trip.

Yeah well, what else would one expect other than sugar coating from Embassies?

In reality, it's a pre-screening process based in Bangkok.

Edited by lkv

Just now, lkv said:

Yeah well, what else would one expect other than sugar coating from Embassies?

In reality, it's a pre-screening process based in Bangkok.

Yes. The decision to issue the visa is taken in Bangkok. You then to take the hard copy's of your documents you uploaded to the embassy who then check they are correct and then issue the visa. It is much the same way Singapore issue visas except the  Singapore Embassy actually deal with the application too.

Just now, Lovethailandelite said:

Yes. The decision to issue the visa is taken in Bangkok. You then to take the hard copy's of your documents you uploaded to the embassy who then check they are correct and then issue the visa. It is much the same way Singapore issue visas except the  Singapore Embassy actually deal with the application too.

Except the Singapore government is not involved in racketeering.

3 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

I am just explaining how it works. There isn't any point in going off track. It isn't going to change anything and it is what it is.

I agree. ????

It's simply expressing a concern, which I believe to be founded to a certain degree, after seeing other stunts they have pulled.

I've left Thailand, for me all I am reading these days makes me feel it was the right thing to do.

Edited by lkv
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

...You then to take the hard copy's of your documents you uploaded to the embassy who then check they are correct and then issue the visa..

Are delivering the paper copies of the documents and receiving the the visa both done in one visit to the embassy?

Just now, Maestro said:

Are delivering the paper copies of the documents and receiving the the visa both done in one visit to the embassy?

Now that London cannot actually say. They say they will try and issue it as fast as possible. I guess, and it's only a guess, it depends how busy they are. Remember the consular section is only open 2 hours a day. Even Singapore don't issue the visa the same day as your appointment day when you take the hard copy's though. You drop off one day and collect the next even though your application is approved before you go there.

21 minutes ago, lkv said:

Because the requirements are not everybody's cup of tea, so in the future some will, some won't.

So far I don't believe O-X has had great success, and I don't think this "crackdown" will increase the numbers significantly.

Over 50

Specified countries only

3 million baht in bank on application (reducing to 1.5 after a while) or income combination

Mandatory insurance

Basic medical certificate

Criminal record report

Yes there has been a lot of discussion on the Insurance requirements !! That I imagine is the biggest issue. The 3 mill shouldn't be a problem for most retirees except of course there are better places to have it than in a Thai bank.

I've been thinking of a Thai Elite visa but this an alternative. Could be cheaper or more expensive depending on the cost of the annual insurance !!

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

You need to not get confused and just rely on the E visa information once you have logged in.
People are going to get confused when they see there is now no option to apply to visit your Thai spouse or applying to visit Thai children. Those options are gone as a selection, you now select 'Visiting or staying with applicants family resided in Thailand' (Less than 60 days) Those reasons to apply for a visa have been grouped as one.

Hmmm..... With respect, i still say it's ambiguous - we must agree to differ I suppose.

Sooner or later someone will apply for a Non-Imm O using the £10K option - hopefully that someone will post here with the outcome.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Now that London cannot actually say. They say they will try and issue it as fast as possible. I guess, and it's only a guess, it depends how busy they are. Remember the consular section is only open 2 hours a day. Even Singapore don't issue the visa the same day as your appointment day when you take the hard copy's though. You drop off one day and collect the next even though your application is approved before you go there.

Why not just use Royal Mail Special Delivery?

My last 10 visas have used that method - first to Hull when it was allowed, and then when that became impossible, to London. No problems.

Edited by VBF

2 minutes ago, VBF said:

Why not just use Royal Mail Special Delivery?

My last 10 visas have used that method - first to Hull when it was allowed, and then when that became impossible, to London. no problems.

Yes. You can absolutely do that once your visa has been approved on the E visa system. You don't have to go their in person. You can select that option once your approved. Just make sure you include the printed Bar code you print from the application or they cannot access the system to pull your visa approval off. And also include £10 cash or postal order for the return postage

Edited by Lovethailandelite
  • Like 1

With Immigration, everywhere, it's a changing World. Thailand has decided to implement changes on how and why visas are being issued. In time, and it will happen, the likes of Cambodia, Vietnam and the Philippines will implement changes that will make it ever more increasingly difficult in the way you obtain Visas and how you stay in the country long term. 

Hmm. I believe Thailand just try to jump on the digitalization train without thinking about consequences

40 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

Over 50

Specified countries only

3 million baht in bank on application (reducing to 1.5 after a while) or income combination

Mandatory insurance

Basic medical certificate

Criminal record report

Yes there has been a lot of discussion on the Insurance requirements !! That I imagine is the biggest issue. The 3 mill shouldn't be a problem for most retirees except of course there are better places to have it than in a Thai bank.

I've been thinking of a Thai Elite visa but this an alternative. Could be cheaper or more expensive depending on the cost of the annual insurance !!

The 20-year Thailand Elite for only one million is looking increasingly attractive. That will be especially true once the Non O-A adds the mandatory insurance requirement. Until then, the Non O-A provides all the benefits of the Non O-X, just for only a two-year period, with much lower requirements.

• Like 1