Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

My take after a bit of thought is this is probably tied in with the tm30. 

Non imm o multiples, a visitor essentially does not have to deal with tm30 at all, they just leave every 90 days and they are good to go. But they want everyone to do them. 

That is my take, happy to be corrected if you know better. 

15 minutes ago, meand said:

My take after a bit of thought is this is probably tied in with the tm30. 

That is really a big stretch of your imagination.

Immigration processes TM30 reports and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs issue visas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A reminder: The title of this topic is 

Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

Therefore, please refrain from posting about "reporting to immigration" in this topic. There are separate threads about the various types of reporting and submitting notifications to immigration offices.

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2019 at 2:37 PM, ConfuciounRains said:

1635991266_thaivisa.jpg.b3714464f8046b2df08398bbfde910a7.jpg

a Question if any body knows the answers.

I intend applying for a Non O-A Multiple entry back in the UK, i have a ticket to take me back to the UK  next month and then the other part of the ticket is a return to Thailand so there is no onward part of the ticket out of Thailand once i arrive back here. (i Booked it at the beginning of the year as a holiday to see family)

So what should i put in the Intended date of arrival and Intended departure boxes and duration of stay?

If needed to show an onward flight, I do have another flight out (Of Thailand) on the 29th September booked a while ago for a visit to Vietnam but the boxes only give the option for one flight number.

Bit of a tricky one this

Any idears would be most welcome

Regards

TB

50 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

...So what should i put in the Intended date of arrival and Intended departure boxes and duration of stay?...

The intended date of arrival is the date you plan to arrive in Thailand, subject to the timely issue of the visa.

The intended date of departure is the date you plan to leave Thailand after your temporary stay in that country.

Duration of stay is an optional field. Best to leave it blank.

The next three fields are related to your intended date of arrival and thus is part of your travel plan, always subject to the issue of the visa.

On 6/21/2019 at 12:18 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

Providing you are in a position to tie up 800/400k in a Thai Bank for the rest of your life. 

800K ,  a Kings ranson. for an alien to pay, for the privilege of , etc.

However that said , some choose to pay up .

You could not make it up, matey ..

Edited by elliss

On 6/20/2019 at 8:06 PM, VBF said:

Not a problem......

The Royal Thai Embassy in London can issue visa to the passport holders of the above-mentioned countries, provided that the applicant has a residence status in the United Kingdom or Ireland.

So if you're applying at the London Embassy, you should be UK - resident.  So you'll be paying those anyway. You are, aren't you? ????

What is meant by, a residence status . would you need to be paying community tax, utility bills etc.

Do you need to provide positive proof you are actually living there.

Could one not provide a relatives address , even if not living in the UK .?

Edited by elliss
spelling

3 hours ago, elliss said:

800K ,  a Kings ranson. for an alien to pay, for the privilege of , etc.

However that said , some choose to pay up .

Hardly a King's ransom. And you haven't lost it, it is still money in your name and for example if you chose to leave the country you take it out. However, paying for a Thai Elite Visa is a different story. 

7 hours ago, elliss said:

What is meant by, a residence status . would you need to be paying community tax, utility bills etc.

Do you need to provide positive proof you are actually living there.

@ellissIf you look back at my post, i was responding in a slightly flippant manner to another poster, however your question is really about what it says on the embassy website, to wit:

The Royal Thai Embassy in London can issue visa to the passport holders of the above-mentioned countries, provided that the applicant has a residence status in the United Kingdom or Ireland.

So my direct answers are "probably" and "never been asked so far".

I say that because when I've applied by post using the OLD system (pre June 2019) I posted an application  to the embassy and had it posted back to my genuine UK home address.

Obviously, I am paying council tax, utility bills etc. but the embassy never asked me to prove that. 

However, somewhere on the embassy site it says something to the effect of "visa officer may ask for more documentation if they so wish"

So I suppose (!) that if they had a reason to suspect that you were NOT UK-resident then they might ask. ????

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is really a big stretch of your imagination.

Immigration processes TM30 reports and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs issue visas.

Thank you.

Do you have a guess as to why they stopped issuing non imm o multiples? 

5 minutes ago, meand said:

The embassy in London did it due to changing over to the online application system that does not have a multiple entry non-o visa shown on it.

IMO the online system does not allow them to due it having the Beijing embassy requirements on it since they were the first location to use the online applications.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, meand said:

Thank you.

The E-Visa system does not have the option to select a Non Imm O ME, only the SE.

The Embassies/Consulates can only issues Visas offered on the site.

As the E-Visa system of online applications is rolled out in other Countries, the choices will remain as per those offered on the site. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The E-Visa system does not have the option to select a Non Imm O ME, only the SE. The Embassies/Consulates can only issues Visas offered on the site.

Really? I started an online application and was offered a long menu of Visa types to choose from. Here are just two of the many, many options:

Tourism.jpg.f198e48619bfafc99359dc30ddc2e11b.jpgLongStayjpg.jpg.a0d731e471aa4112abf08d13e242d592.jpg

11 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Really? I started an online application and was offered a long menu of Visa types to choose from. Here are just two of the many, many options:

Tourism.jpg.f198e48619bfafc99359dc30ddc2e11b.jpgLongStayjpg.jpg.a0d731e471aa4112abf08d13e242d592.jpg

The Non O-A (long stay) visa is not the same as the Non O multiple to visit Thai family.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Try selecting the Non Imm O ME.

It can only be selected as a SE.

The Non Imm B or the Non Imm O-A can be selected as ME.

With the old Non O Multi Entry you could get nearly 15 months providing you entered Thailand a few day before it expired.

if I left Thailand and returned before the 90 Day Single Entry expired would I be able to get extra days with a re Entry Permit or would it be cancelled as soon as I left Thailand ?

6 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

if I left Thailand and returned before the 90 Day Single Entry expired would I be able to get extra days with a re Entry Permit or would it be cancelled as soon as I left Thailand ?

On entry to Thailand the single entry is 'USED'.

You can protect your 90 day permission of stay, by obtaining a re-entry permit if you wanted to leave and re-enter during those 90 days.

You can extend the 90 days by another 60 days but only if you have a Thai wife or family.

At the end of the 90 days you can only re-enter Thailand again via Visa exempt, or applying for a Visa from a nearby Thai Embassy/Consulate

8 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

With the old Non O Multi Entry you could get nearly 15 months providing you entered Thailand a few day before it expired.

A re-entry permit only keeps the remainder of the permit to stay it is issued for valid when entering the country. It does not keep a visa valid.

If you got a re-entry permit for a 90 day entry it would expire on the same day the 90 days ends and you would be stamped into the country to that day.

15 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Almost 17 months if married to a Thai with only 3 border runs.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A re-entry permit only keeps the remainder of the permit to stay it is issued for valid when entering the country. It does not keep a visa valid.

If you got a re-entry permit for a 90 day entry it would expire on the same day the 90 days ends and you would be stamped into the country to that day.

Could I get an Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa on the new Single Entry 90 Day Non O ?

Or would be better too get a Single Entry Tourist Visa from Hull which I could change too a Non O in Thailand then an Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa.

40 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Almost 17 months if married to a Thai with only 3 border runs.

How would that breakdown?, where do the 'extra' 2 months come from?, or do you extend for 60 days after the 15 months?

16 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Could I get an Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa on the new Single Entry 90 Day Non O ?

Or would be better too get a Single Entry Tourist Visa from Hull which I could change too a Non O in Thailand then an Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa.

From a Non O, you can apply directly for an extension based on retirement subject to meeting the financial requirements.

With a TV entry, you'd have to go through the conversion process to obtain an extension.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80 

3 minutes ago, PST said:

How would that breakdown?, where do the 'extra' 2 months come from?, or do you extend for 60 days after the 15 months?

Correct, extend for another 2 months after the last 90 day entry.

You can extend each 90 day entry by 60 days if married to a Thai/Family.

Almost 17 months, only 3 border runs, before obtaining a new Visa.

On 6/23/2019 at 9:08 AM, ubonjoe said:

A embassy or consulate will be signing and stamping the visa stickers which indicates they are the approval point for the application.

Just for reference on this - the Thai Consulate in Dublin never had authority to issue ME visas. They only sent copies of docs to London who then processed the application. If London approved the consul then put the sticker/stamp in your passport saying "Issued by Dublin", but they had no input into that process other than the stamp. They no longer issue any ME visas in Dublin. So there clearly are exceptions within the various processes at embassies and consuls.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Correct, extend for another 2 months after the last 90 day entry.

You can extend each 90 day entry by 60 days if married to a Thai/Family.

Almost 17 months, only 3 border runs, before obtaining a new Visa.

so even though you can extend each entry by 2 months, you can still leave as per normal?, ie, on  NON O ME, enter on 90 days, extend by 60, then day before 60 days expire, leave and return with another normal 90 days?,,,,also why only 3 border runs?

How to use a Non Imm O multi entry Visa to it's full potential of staying almost 17 months with only 3 border runs.

Visa validity 1 year. Each entry valid 90 days.

Example of Visa issued on 31st April 2019, Enter before date 30th April 2020. (Visa validity)

Enter Thailand 1st May 2019.

Permitted to stay until 29th August (90 days)

60 Day extension (1,900 baht) from local Imm office

Permitted to stay until Oct 27th.

Border run Oct 27tth re-enter. (1st Border run).

Permitted to stay until Jan 24th 2020. (90 days)

60 day extension (1,900 baht) from local Imm office.

Permitted to stay until Mar 23rd.

Border run Mar 23rd re-enter (2nd Border run)

Permitted to stay until June 20th

However as the Visa expires on the Enter before date of 30th April 2020, it's necessary to do a further border run no later than 30th April 2020.

Border run 30th April 2020 re-enter (3rd Border run)

Permitted to stay until July 27th (90 days)

60 day extension (1,900 baht) from local Imm office.

Permitted to stay until Sept 25th.2020.

Total length of stay almost 17 months, 3 border runs, 3 x 60 day extensions.

May 1st 2019 – Sept 25th 2020.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1