Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

11 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

How to use a Non Imm O multi entry Visa to it's full potential of staying almost 17 months with only 3 border runs.

Visa validity 1 year. Each entry valid 90 days.

Example of Visa issued on 31st May 2019, Enter before date 30th May 2020. (Visa validity)

Enter Thailand 1st June 2019.

Permitted to stay until 29th August (90 days)

60 Day extension (1,900 baht) from local Imm office

Permitted to stay until Oct 27th.

Border run Oct 27tth re-enter. (1st Border run).

Permitted to stay until Jan 24th 2020. (90 days)

60 day extension (1,900 baht) from local Imm office.

Permitted to stay until Mar 23rd.

Border run Mar 23rd re-enter (2nd Border run)

Permitted to stay until June 20th

However as the Visa expires on the Enter before date of 30th May 2020, it's necessary to do a further border run no later than 30th May 2020.

Border run 30th May 2020 re-enter (3rd Border run)

Permitted to stay until Aug 27th (90 days)

60 day extension (1,900 baht) from local Imm office.

Permitted to stay until Oct 25th.2020.

Total length of stay almost 17 months, 3 border runs, 3 x 60 day extensions.

Thanks, ive been using NON O ME off and on for a while know, but always left after 90 days each time and just utilized it for 15 months,,,,i guess with the current situation surrounding ME NON 's not being issued as much, would you say that people who have current NON O ME will start to be scrutinized more?, and wouldn't applying for 2 60 days extension flag it up to them even more?,,,what reason could you give for the 60 days extensions?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PST said:

Thanks, ive been using NON O ME off and on for a while know, but always left after 90 days each time and just utilized it for 15 months,,,,i guess with the current situation surrounding ME NON 's not being issued as much, would you say that people who have current NON O ME will start to be scrutinized more?, and wouldn't applying for 2 60 days extension flag it up to them even more?,,,what reason could you give for the 60 days extensions?

I edited my original reply to you as I noticed an error.

Please see the revised post #540.

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I edited my original reply to you as I noticed an error.

Please see the revised post #540.

Thanks,,,,,,what about my last post?

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

1 hour ago, PST said:

The E-Visa system does not affect local Immigration policies.

The reason to apply for a 60 day extension (TM7) is 'visit Thai wife/family'.

1 hour ago, RedCardinal said:

Just for reference on this - the Thai Consulate in Dublin never had authority to issue ME visas. They only sent copies of docs to London who then processed the application. If London approved the consul then put the sticker/stamp in your passport saying "Issued by Dublin", but they had no input into that process other than the stamp. They no longer issue any ME visas in Dublin. So there clearly are exceptions within the various processes at embassies and consuls.

The Consulates in the UK haven't had the authority to issue Non Imm Visa for some time, without approval from the Thai Embassy.

For now the Consulates are unaffected by the E-visa application system, business as usual although the Non Imm O ME is no longer available, only the Non Imm O SE with the Embassies approval.

In the future the E-Visa service could be rolled out to the Consulates as well, or as in France the Consulate was closed. To coin a phrase 'let's wait and see'.

35 minutes ago, PST said:

i guess with the current situation surrounding ME NON 's not being issued as much, would you say that people who have current NON O ME will start to be scrutinized more?

If you mean unnecessary hassle for using the most appropriate visa, I hope not!

Though I am going to stretch out the current ME by entering again (from the UK) during it's last few days of it's validity.

Edited by UKresonant

15 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The E-Visa system does not affect local Immigration policies.

The reason to apply for a 0 day extension (TM7) is 'visit Thai wife/family'.

Whilst I understand this, I have been using a non o me for several years, and I see no problem, I was asking more about the 60 day extensions, as it says * at the immigration officers discretion*, so would they not wonder why I was extending 3 times a year ( if I took that option)?

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

The most appropriate Visa for what?

Making multiple visits during the year (from the UK), to stay with the wife & son, all the trips have been less than 60 days so far. I was to be here 84 days over the school holidays, but had to go back to the UK for just over a month (with the son).

1 minute ago, PST said:

Whilst I understand this, I have been using a non o me for several years, and I see no problem, I was asking more about the 60 day extensions, as it says * at the immigration officers discretion*, so would they not wonder why I was extending 3 times a year ( if I took that option)?

Hundreds of others extend 60 days each time without a problem.

1 minute ago, UKresonant said:

Making multiple visits during the year (from the UK), to stay with the wife & son, all the trips have been less than 60 days so far. I was to be here 84 days over the school holidays, but had to go back to the UK for just over a month (with the son).

That was the reason behind the Non Imm O ME, unfortunately many live here permanently without any proof of financials. using that same Visa, which was not it's purpose.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The E-Visa system does not have the option to select a Non Imm O ME, only the SE.

The Embassies/Consulates can only issues Visas offered on the site.

As the E-Visa system of online applications is rolled out in other Countries, the choices will remain as per those offered on the site. 

I appreciate that response, but I was hoping to understand why it is not an option on the e-system. They could have just as easily had it as an option, so why did they not? Maybe unaswerable, but that was my question anyway. 

11 minutes ago, meand said:

I appreciate that response, but I was hoping to understand why it is not an option on the e-system. They could have just as easily had it as an option, so why did they not? Maybe unaswerable, but that was my question anyway. 

I could only speculate and give a personal opinion on the reason why.

However a clause from the Embassy webpages may give an insight into the reason;

Those who wish to stay longer must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau (http://www.immigration.go.th). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.

In other words 'obtain the Visa or Extension applicable to your reason of stay'.

On 6/20/2019 at 4:53 AM, Captain_Bob said:

Tourist visa rules keep tightening, mostly due to a minority of individuals who keep trying to abuse every loophole and crack in the system to stay long-term for purposes other than tourism. A few bad apples f * cking it up for everyone else. 

On 6/20/2019 at 5:04 AM, moe666 said:

You hit the nail on the spot Cap. but there is still a few here who think it is just fine for people to break the rules and have a real cry when Thailand enforce there rules and laws.

Get over it boys the good old days of people coming and going for extended periods is over unless you have the correct paper work

I'm sorry to say but this argument is no longer valid.

While people abusing visa's are definitely not helping the situation, The real reason for all the changes is a strategic move to change the demographics of people coming and staying here..

The constant parading of "faulty" farangs in the news that represent a tiny percent of all the farangs coming here is just to justify this strategic move.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2019 at 5:44 PM, VBF said:

But then, elsewhere on the site, there's a contradiction that appears to offer an alternative - I won't clutter this thread up - see my #117

The statement you are referring to is not from the online system so effectively meaningless.

When you make an application you will have to choose from what is available on the menu, not what you think may be available.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

The statement you are referring to is not from the online system so effectively meaningless.

When you make an application you will have to choose from what is available on the menu, not what you think may be available.

I get that but the contradiction is still present, so one wonders which is correct and is the new online system failing to offer the options intentionally, or is it just badly tested?

18 hours ago, elliss said:

What is meant by, a residence status . would you need to be paying community tax, utility bills etc.

Do you need to provide positive proof you are actually living there.

Could one not provide a relatives address , even if not living in the UK .?

What was posted does not apply to UK citizens,only to foreign nationals applying in the UK, every UK citizen has the right of residence.

I have applied several times for a Non O ME whilst living in Thailand and it has never been a problem.

I was asked the same question on a recent application for a visa to China and my current extension was satisfactory. If you apply for a visa in a foreign country you have to prove that you have a legal right to be there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sandyf said:

What was posted does not apply to UK citizens,only to foreign nationals applying in the UK, every UK citizen has the right of residence.

I have applied several times for a Non O ME whilst living in Thailand and it has never been a problem.

I was asked the same question on a recent application for a visa to China and my current extension was satisfactory. If you apply for a visa in a foreign country you have to prove that you have a legal right to be there.

What most aren't grasping is that you can apply from anywhere in the world, using just a PC, but you can only obtain the Visa from an Embassy where you have a residency permit or the right of abode.

A British national staying in China on a residency permit, could obtain the Visa from the Chinese Embassy, or alternatively in France as an EU national, or in the UK where they have right of abode.

It's the bar code on the application form that permits them access to your application.

The only difference being the documentation required depending on your choice of collection.

Edited by Tanoshi

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

What most aren't grasping is that you can apply from anywhere in the world, using just a PC, but you can only obtain the Visa from an Embassy where you have a residency permit or the right of abode.

A British national staying in China on a residency permit, could obtain the Visa from the Chinese Embassy, or alternatively in France as an EU national, or in the UK where they have right of abode.

It's the bar code on the application form that permits them access to your application.

The only difference being the documentation required depending on your choice of collection.

What you have posted bears no relation to my comment, I was merely clarifying a mis interpreted piece of text from the embassy website which was not in respect of the online system.

I haven't seen a completed online application so I do not know if they are using a barcode or a QR code, there is a significant difference in the capability. The Germans have been using a QR for a long time and that contains the complete application.

Wait a moment, I've just noticed that there are 38 pages on this - my flight is due so no time to read them all but, are we saying that although a multi non 0 can no longer be obtained from London, it can be applied for online?

10 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Wait a moment, I've just noticed that there are 38 pages on this - my flight is due so no time to read them all but, are we saying that although a multi non 0 can no longer be obtained from London, it can be applied for online?

All visas from London must now be applied for online. Non O multiple entry visas are no longer available anywhere in the UK.

• Like 1

Okay, right, has anybody, managed to get onto the website, and actually managed to get a Non O or Single Entry Tourist, or any other visa, from the website ?

Supposedly, it's been a whole week (starting from Monday, 17th June) now, where you can't go to the Thai Embassy in London, and get any visa. It must be done online.

Has anybody actually managed to get a visa from online ?????

The UK ThaiEmbassy web-site says there is still available a 'Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant visa for (among others) pensioners over 50 years of age'. It is a long stay, up to 90 days, 12 month visa, as before. But now you have to register online then apply online. They also want criminal record clearance (CRB costs £65) and a Medical Certificate for no prohibited diseases (£?). At immigration, they may also want to see Medical insurance, 20,000baht cash and proof of income/savings. Fair enough. But the new 'evisa' software has bugs. In Registering, the year of birth before 1969 is not easy. In the Application, there appears to be no way to upload Passport and photo images. This stops you progressing further. I hear also that the payment process doesn't work. Has anybody else experience of this new visa application process? PS I hear that all consulates in the UK are to close soon.

18 minutes ago, fresher said:

The UK ThaiEmbassy web-site says there is still available a 'Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant visa for (among others) pensioners over 50 years of age'. It is a long stay, up to 90 days, 12 month visa, as before. But now you have to register online then apply online. They also want criminal record clearance (CRB costs £65) and a Medical Certificate for no prohibited diseases (£?). At immigration, they may also want to see Medical insurance, 20,000baht cash and proof of income/savings. Fair enough. But the new 'evisa' software has bugs. In Registering, the year of birth before 1969 is not easy. In the Application, there appears to be no way to upload Passport and photo images. This stops you progressing further. I hear also that the payment process doesn't work. Has anybody else experience of this new visa application process? PS I hear that all consulates in the UK are to close soon.

That is for a NON -O A visa. Normal Non O's {not all } are single entry.

Edited by pontious
add

25 minutes ago, pontious said:

That is for a NON -O A visa. Normal Non O's {not all } are single entry.

The 'Visa Fees' list includes:-'6. Non-Immigrant O-A (1 year validity/multiple entries/stay up to 1 year £150)'

49 minutes ago, fresher said:

But the new 'evisa' software has bugs. In Registering, the year of birth before 1969 is not easy.

Click on 1969, it will then scroll further back.

50 minutes ago, fresher said:

there appears to be no way to upload Passport and photo images.

Step 5.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fresher said:

The 'Visa Fees' list includes:-'6. Non-Immigrant O-A (1 year validity/multiple entries/stay up to 1 year £150)'

The embassy website is confusing, containing much outdated information. However, it has been confirmed conclusively:

• all visas applied for through the London embassy must use the online application system;
  • the online system has no facility for applying for multiple entry Non O visas; and
  • none of the consulates (official or honorary) are allowed to issue multiple Non O visas, which are, therefore, not available any more anywhere in the United Kingdom or in Ireland.
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Click on 1969, it will then scroll further back.

Step 5.

Thank you

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

The embassy website is confusing, containing much outdated information. However, it has been confirmed conclusively:

• all visas applied for through the London embassy must use the online application system;
  • the online system has no facility for applying for multiple entry Non O visas; and
  • none of the consulates (official or honorary) are allowed to issue multiple Non O visas, which are, therefore, not available any more anywhere in the United Kingdom or in Ireland.

Oh dear. Thanks for the clarification. (I understand that all Thai Consulates in the UK are closing soon anyway)