BANGKOK
webfact

Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

Don’t understand the logic behind one embassy ditching the METV. 

Australia seems to as well, although no official announcement.

Certainly will weed some balloon chasers here. Well done England!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No

They can still get a single entry non-o visa and apply an extension of stay based upon their spouses extension or OA visa entry.

But only if one can show gbp 1500 per month in a bank account to get a single entry Non O. There seems to be no option for a lump sum amount in a bank account.

How big are the lines in Ho Chi Min at the consulate normally I go to Savankanet but excited to hear I can get the Multi o based on Marriage in Ho Chi Min City as I have never been so wanting to get some REAL experience from people who have done it 

• Like 1

1) Does the website work for the online application?

2) Am I right in assuming that in the near future, places like Savannakhet will stop issuing one year Non O multiple entry as well?

27 minutes ago, Hogs said:

How big are the lines in Ho Chi Min at the consulate normally I go to Savankanet but excited to hear I can get the Multi o based on Marriage in Ho Chi Min City as I have never been so wanting to get some REAL experience from people who have done it 

I have done my non o in January in hcmc. 5 people in front of me. 

Very friendly staff. 10 minutes done

• Like 2

easy to understand NO MONEY NO HORNY ... thats it you have the £ then you come if not stay elsethere

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, mngmn said:

But only if you plan to be in Thailand on the anniversary of your extension to renew it. Not to mention the endless hoops to jump though dealing with Thai immigration.

As a frequent traveller, I found the ME Non Immigrant O to be the perfect solution. Not a disaster for me as I have left Thailand and will simply spend less time (and money) there when I return to visit family.

If you get a SE non O, you then get a one year extension and that give you a total of 15 months travelling to and from Thailand. If you're in Thailand near the end of that period you renew your extension. If not, you just get a new SE non O and repeat the process.

• Like 1

Way too many people have taken advantage of this visa and now the party is over. You are not supposed to live in Thailand on that visa. And, why would anyone apply for an extension of stay, which is the correct thing to do to live in Thailand, if you are allowed to get a Non O based on marriage that is good for one year without the hassle?  Doesn't make sense so they fixed it. 

• Confused 4