Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

1 hour ago, DougM said:

Are we still able to get a SETV from neighbouring countries or do we have to be in the UK to do that?

The single entry tourist visa is available from many nearby countries. However, each consulate has its own rules that tend to limit the number of tourist visas you can get within a single passport.

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

the online system has no facility for applying for multiple entry Non O visas;

The Non Imm O ME Visa is longer available.

The Non O-A and O-X which are also multi entry and 'O' type Visas are still available.

I suspect that this will spread to other consulates and embassies which could cause some real problems for some genuine applicants.

A friend works in Iraq and his Thai wife lives in Thailand - he comes 'home' on rotation.  Last year he was told (as I had been previously) that he would not be allowed in on visa exempts anymore and that as he was visiting his Thai wife, he must obtain a Non O. I told him to go to Savannakhet which he did in March this year so he has a while.

If this spreads and indeed all embassies and consulates change to the new E Visa online application, I don't know how he will be able to apply.  My understanding is that E Visa applications must be made online to the country that you are resident in. He tells me that although there is a Thai Embassy in Baghdad, travel is difficult/unsafe for foreign workers and although the application is online - passports/documents still have to be taken in, so what is the answer for him when his visa expires next March?

Can he go on to 12 month extensions even though he is not continuosly in Thailand?

Edited by KhaoYai

33 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

He tells me that although there is a Thai Embassy in Baghdad,

There is no Thai embassy in Iraq. Iraqis have to apply at the embassy in Jordan. 

34 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Can he go on to 12 month extensions even though he is not continuosly in Thailand?

Yes he can. But he has to be here long enough to do them.

The Thai Embassy in London is by far not the only one who doesn’t offer the multi entry non o. Personally I don’t care if they got rid of them all and I’m on an extension based on marriage, I have been for 5 years I’m retired here in my late 40’s. The multi entry non o was my first visa too but if I ever had to get a new one okay the 90 day one is okay I can still extend it every year if I ever had to get a new visa. If I ever had to start over with a new visa I’d probably get it from Savannakhet and just go with the multi entry. But that’s just me I know other people need that type of visa for other reasons besides why I am here. I might switch to a retirement visa when I turn 50 because I make more than triple the minimum monthly income.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no Thai embassy in Iraq. Iraqis have to apply at the embassy in Jordan. 

There is an embassy listed in Baghdad Joe but its not on an official website - probably out of date.

So, if he applied for an extension can he:

Use his current ME Non O as the basis before it expires next year?

When you say long enough - do you mean for the process and the possible home visit? How long would you recommend - 6 weeks?

Although he will probably be out of the country on the 90 day report dates, should he go and report whilst he is in country each time or is there no requirement if he stays less than 90 days?

I take it a multi re-enty permit is a must?

Salary into a Thai bank account?

That’s interesting I spent time in Iraq but far from the embassies I was in northern Iraq (Kurdistan). I remember there’s an international Airport in Irbil that we used sometimes if someone had to get out of the country fast and we didn’t have time to get them to Baghdad to fly out we’d use the airport in Irbil northern Iraq.

12 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The Non Imm O ME Visa is longer available.

The Non O-A and O-X which are also multi entry and 'O' type Visas are still available.

The O-A and O-X (long stay) visas are non immigrant visas in the same way that Non-B and Non-Ed are non immigrant visas. In all other respects, they are totally different animals, the similar naming notwithstanding.

23 hours ago, fresher said:

<snip> (I understand that all Thai Consulates in the UK are closing soon anyway)

Would you like to post a link substantiating that, or is it just a rumour?

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

The O-A and O-X (long stay) visas are non immigrant visas in the same way that Non-B and Non-Ed are non immigrant visas. In all other respects, they are totally different animals, the similar naming notwithstanding.

The O is also a Non Immigrant Visa. 

I attempted to clarify your statement which suggests the ME isn't available for O type Visas. (Plural)     

14 hours ago, Tanoshi said:
  On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:00 PM, BritTim said:

the online system has no facility for applying for multiple entry Non O visas;

On the the Thai Embassy Website for a Non O-A Visa it doesn’t say the funds have to be in the bank for 2 months prior too the application or it has too be in a Thai Bank ?

• Financial evidence showing monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB (approx. £1,625) or having the current balance of 800,000 THB (approx. £20,000), e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings.
Edited by Jumbo1968
Mistake

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

On the the Thai Embassy Website for a Non O-A Visa it doesn’t say the funds have to be in the bank for 2 months prior too the application or it has too be in a Thai Bank ?

• Financial evidence showing monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB (approx. £1,625) or having the current balance of 800,000 THB (approx. £20,000), e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings.

Your confusing the requirements to obtain a Visa from a Thai Embassy to enter Thailand, with the local requirements to obtain an extension from Immigration inside Thailand.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Your confusing the requirements to obtain a Visa from a Thai Embassy to enter Thailand, with the local requirements to obtain an extension from Immigration inside Thailand.

I am aware of the requirements of the Extension of Stay, I was just wanting too clarify if the money had too be in a Thai Bank Account and for any length of time.

12 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I attempted to clarify your statement which suggests the ME isn't available for O type Visas. (Plural)     

... and I tried to clarify that the Non O-A (long stay) and Non O-X (long stay) visas are totally different from multiple entry Non O visas. You allow the similar naming to convince you that they are somehow related. In fact, the multiple entry Non O is closer to the Non B and Non Ed than it is to the long stay visas.

31 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I am aware of the requirements of the Extension of Stay, I was just wanting too clarify if the money had too be in a Thai Bank Account and for any length of time.

For a OA visa the online application website states this.

"3. Financial evidence : a guarantee letter from the bank and a copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 THB or an income certificate with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB or a deposit account plus a monthly income in total not less than 80,000 THB"

Source: https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/LongStay

For an extension of stay based upon retirement the 800k baht has to be in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply.

12 minutes ago, BritTim said:

... and I tried to clarify that the Non O-A (long stay) and Non O-X (long stay) visas are totally different from multiple entry Non O visas. You allow the similar naming to convince you that they are somehow related. In fact, the multiple entry Non O is closer to the Non B and Non Ed than it is to the long stay visas.

Regardless they are all Non O Visa types.

You stated Non O Visas, as in plural, which confused a member.

I merely tried to clarify it was only the Non Imm O Visa that was not available as ME anymore, not the O-A or O-X, which are also O type Visa.

I wasn't trying to criticise, just merely give clarification to the confused member.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

For a OA visa the online application website states this.

"3. Financial evidence : a guarantee letter from the bank and a copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 THB or an income certificate with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB or a deposit account plus a monthly income in total not less than 80,000 THB"

For an extension of stay based upon retirement the 800k baht has to be in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply.

Obvious misprint of 'deposit account plus a monthly income in total of 80,000THB', which in fact should state 800,000THB.

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

3. Financial evidence : a guarantee letter from the bank and a copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 THB or an income certificate with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB or a deposit account plus a monthly income in total not less than 80,000 THB"

which embassy is this take from?, London has no mention of guarantee letter or income certificate??

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

E-Visa site.

Long stay.

so to get NON 0-A from London you need letter from bank, and income certificate aswell as showing money in bank?

3 minutes ago, PST said:

so to get NON 0-A from London you need letter from bank, and income certificate aswell as showing money in bank?

It is says or.

"3. Financial evidence : a guarantee letter from the bank and a copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 THB or an income certificate with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB"

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is says or.

"3. Financial evidence : a guarantee letter from the bank and a copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 THB or an income certificate with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB"

Thanks,and where would I get an 'income certificate' from, and what is it?

12 minutes ago, PST said:

Thanks,and where would I get an 'income certificate' from, and what is it?

Income certificate could be a statement from a personal Pension provider detailing monthly pension payments.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

not the O-A or O-X, which are also O type Visa.

The long stay visas are not "Non immigrant Other" visas giving 90-day stays. If your argument is that I should have pointed out that other visas with an O in the name are still available, I do not see why. I will not reply again on this matter as we will start annoying the mods.

Edited by BritTim

Reposting as this appears to have got lost:

•  
19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is an embassy listed in Baghdad Joe but its not on an official website - probably out of date.

So, if he applied for an extension can he:

Use his current ME Non O as the basis before it expires next year?

When you say long enough - do you mean for the process and the possible home visit? How long would you recommend - 6 weeks?

Although he will probably be out of the country on the 90 day report dates, should he go and report whilst he is in country each time or is there no requirement if he stays less than 90 days?

Salary into a Thai bank account?

9 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

No 90-day report is needed unless in Thailand for over 90 consecutive days.

10 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

No reentry permit is required if you have a valid unexpired multiple entry visa.

16 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Not shown here on this official website. http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

There may of been a honorary consulate before.

He can apply for the one year extension during the last 30 days or 45 days at some offices of any of the 90 day entries from his visa. To overcome the the wait for 60 days after entering the country he could get a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the 90 day entry he would get just before his visa expires leave the country for work and return using the re-entry permit.

There will be a under consideration period with a report back date on it that will be 30 days from the date he applies or from the day his permit to stay ends dependent upon where he applies.

After getting his extension stamp he will need to get a re-entry permit to keep it valid when he enters the country after a trip out.

No need to do 90 day reports unless he stays longer than 90 consecutive days.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It is says or.

Can it be in a U.K. Bank Account, the sterling equivalent of 800k Baht ?