Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

27 minutes ago, brianj1964 said:

I just got one from Glasgow, they never asked for bank statements, only application form, my passport, wife's ID card and passport and marriage certificate, waited 2 days then told to come and collect it

That's good, I hope it stays that way. That will be the plan for next year then, when my ME runs out.

I'll only get a week in Scotland at the end Jan 2020, as I'll have to turn right round to get back for one last entry from it, before starting the SE applications every time I'm back to the UK (which I'll adopt as my sole strategy now I think).

17 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Where is the Op getting their information from?!?!?

Multiple Entry Visa :

• Multiple Entry Tourist Visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Travellers must enter Thailand within the validity of visa, and they will be permitted to stay in Thailand not exceeding 60 days for each entry within the period of 6 months from the date of arrival in Thailand. 

Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant Visa will be valid for 1 year from the date of issue. Travellers must enter Thailand within the validity of visa.  However, the permitted length of stay is up to 1 year from the date of arrival in Thailand."

source:

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/86306-Validity-of-visa-and-permitted-length-of-stay.html

That is just general information.

For the non-o multiple entry non-o visa the specific requirements are here. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#6

Tourist visas are here. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84451-Tourist-Visa.html

A friend of mine has a NoN O Multi Entry issued by London, based on 'pensioner over 65 with government pension.' He is aware he will not get another multi entry from UK.. He is doing a visa run in August and will get another 90 days that will take him to November. His visa runs out on September 2nd and he says he will have to leave Thailand before that date because his visa runs out on that date.  

1. Is that correct.?

2. Could he do another  visa run on 1st September and get another 90 days to take him to December.?

Interesting really. The UK offers and we apply for 5 year multiple entry tourist visas for my wife that we rarely use but handy to have and do pay for.

I know it's off topic never thought Thailand would start making what I call visas of convenience ie the the Multi o based on marriage harder or impossible to get in the UK.

Edited by maprao

2 minutes ago, pontious said:

A friend of mine has a NoN O Multi Entry issued by London, based on 'pensioner over 65 with government pension.' He is aware he will not get another multi entry from UK.. He is doing a visa run in August and will get another 90 days that will take him to November. His visa runs out on September 2nd and he says he will have to leave Thailand before that date because his visa runs out on that date.  

1. Is that correct.?

2. Could he do another  visa run on 1st September and get another 90 days to take him to December.?

His visas expiration date is not the last day he can stay in the country. It is only the last day he can use it to get a new 90 day entry.

1. No

2. He probably getting one in August since that is when his current 90 day entry ends. He could do a another entry on the 1st or 2nd of September to get another 90 days.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Where does it say anywhere that a multiple entry tourist visa is no longer available at the London embassy.

It only mentions multiple entry non-o visas. 

You’re correct. I read multiple entry and SETV and my brain immediately thought METV.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Perplexing that the SETV is requiring..

Proof of financial support e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter

This is very unspecific as to amounts.

Why are they changing rules for tourists, surely they want them. And anyone planning on over 30 days would feel better having a Visa.

These rules have been in force in Paris for about four years now.  I go to the bank and get a statement from them saying that I have 1000 euros (the sum that I was required to have). The bank however gives the amount that I have actually in my account and at what date. Of course at that moment it's not a bad sum - it's before I take it all out to bring in cash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mike1967 said:

So let me get this right. You have to book a flight before you apply for a 60 day Visa? If for any reason your Visa is denied then your flight is wasted. That seems really fair. I stay at a guesthouse which I book with the Thai owner on my line app. I can see the Thai embassy accepting that as conformation, not.

I just get my GH owner to send an EM saying that Mrs...... has booked from the ......to the......  It doesn't matter much if the last date is not too correct.  When I go to Imm. for the 30 days my GH is on the security list so I don't have to provide anything from them.

Fun and games coming. I would need to provide bank statements but currently online only and you cant screenshot from a banking app in my case the Halifax for a SETV

Going to have to return to paper statements.

2nd problem that whilst I stay 6-7 weeks it goes without saying no one pays all of that upfront for obvious reasons and in my case I normally a book a week online and go from there subsequently

So is the requirement that you have all 7 weeks paid for up front lol....bye Thailand I've had enough of this shit

Farcical

• Like 2

I have been using this visa for years, for me it has been great. I travel a lot for business and in the times when I happened to be in Thailand for more than 90 days it was a great excuse to go away for a few days, either with my wife or flying solo.

I must admit though I thought that at some time it would come to an end, there are not many countries that give, what is basically a 1 year tourist visa which essentially gives a person the right to visit the country for a year, admittedly with 90 day border runs. UK for instance only allows a maximum of 180 days per annum.

Another poster has pointed out that this visa is not available at any Embassy which is using the on-line process, which surely one day they all will be, which, if a true statement means that eventually this visa will disappear and no longer be available in Ho Chi Mihn or other such places. In that case then it seems to make sense to look at the alternatives.

I have studied the other visa options, I can qualify for a marriage visa and a retirement visa and do the 90 day reporting and annual extensions, however, I think for me the best option has to be the 20 year Thai Elite for 1 million baht and let the Elite staff do the running around.

My only concern is that future governments might take away that visa, but past history has shown that when they change it they honour the terms of the existing visas already issued. 

I don't think that Thailand are doing anything wrong taking away this visa, I think that they are just bringing their visa policies more in line with other countries. Perhaps soon they will review their policy on permanent residence and Thai Citizenship and make it a little easier to attain for people, who they consider, to be the right sort.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

its nuts to think if i went back home i'd have to get a job to come visit my wife even though i have enough money invested to never work another day of my life.. 

and i thought they wanted our money.

????‍♂️

guess not, they just don't want 'us'

Could just imagine a bureaucratic embassy official checking ones bank statement with say with an average of 100000 thousand pounds in it and then denying a single entry Non O Visa to visit ones wife because it does not show 3 separate deposits of 1500 pounds.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 2

Makes it more difficult for the Thai driving license renewal in Dec. Only time i bother with the non immigrant visa is when i need to renew the driving license. Presumably for the marriage route i could show bank statements for the wife and myself combining the amounts to get the £1500 per month? I have my own business and i pay myself a smallish salary, dividends, company expenses, etc. As others have mentioned you should be able to show savings instead of monthly income.

Ok I’m actually coming for a 3 month stay on a tourist visa in December after my initial 30 days I fly to Cambodia re entry after 1 week which gets me another 30 days after that I intend to go to jomtien immigration for my final visa for another 30 days then return to England after on the 30th day is this still allowed cheers