Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 July 2019 09:11
webfact

Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Really? I started an online application and was offered a long menu of Visa types to choose from. Here are just two of the many, many options:

Tourism.jpg.f198e48619bfafc99359dc30ddc2e11b.jpgLongStayjpg.jpg.a0d731e471aa4112abf08d13e242d592.jpg

The Non O-A (long stay) visa is not the same as the Non O multiple to visit Thai family.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Really? I started an online application and was offered a long menu of Visa types to choose from. Here are just two of the many, many options:

 

Try selecting the Non Imm O ME.

It can only be selected as a SE.

 

The Non Imm B or the Non Imm O-A can be selected as ME.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the old Non O Multi Entry you could get nearly 15 months providing you entered Thailand a few day before it expired.

if I left Thailand and returned before the 90 Day Single Entry expired would I be able to get extra days with a re Entry Permit or would it be cancelled as soon as I left Thailand ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

if I left Thailand and returned before the 90 Day Single Entry expired would I be able to get extra days with a re Entry Permit or would it be cancelled as soon as I left Thailand ?

On entry to Thailand the single entry is 'USED'.

You can protect your 90 day permission of stay, by obtaining a re-entry permit if you wanted to leave and re-enter during those 90 days.

 

You can extend the 90 days by another 60 days but only if you have a Thai wife or family.

 

At the end of the 90 days you can only re-enter Thailand again via Visa exempt, or applying for a Visa from a nearby Thai Embassy/Consulate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A re entry permit would protect you current permision to stay.

It would not add days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

With the old Non O Multi Entry you could get nearly 15 months providing you entered Thailand a few day before it expired.

if I left Thailand and returned before the 90 Day Single Entry expired would I be able to get extra days with a re Entry Permit or would it be cancelled as soon as I left Thailand ?

A re-entry permit only keeps the remainder of the permit to stay it is issued for valid when entering the country. It does not keep a visa valid.

If you got a re-entry permit for a 90 day entry it would expire on the same day the 90 days ends and you would be stamped into the country to that day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

With the old Non O Multi Entry you could get nearly 15 months providing you entered Thailand a few day before it expired.

Almost 17 months if married to a Thai with only 3 border runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A re-entry permit only keeps the remainder of the permit to stay it is issued for valid when entering the country. It does not keep a visa valid.

If you got a re-entry permit for a 90 day entry it would expire on the same day the 90 days ends and you would be stamped into the country to that day.

 

Could I get an Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa on the new Single Entry 90 Day Non O ?

Or would be better too get a Single Entry Tourist Visa from Hull which I could change too a Non O in Thailand then an Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Almost 17 months if married to a Thai with only 3 border runs.

How would that breakdown?, where do the 'extra' 2 months come from?, or do you extend for 60 days after the 15 months?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Could I get an Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa on the new Single Entry 90 Day Non O ?

Or would be better too get a Single Entry Tourist Visa from Hull which I could change too a Non O in Thailand then an Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa.

From a Non O, you can apply directly for an extension based on retirement subject to meeting the financial requirements.

 

With a TV entry, you'd have to go through the conversion process to obtain an extension.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PST said:

How would that breakdown?, where do the 'extra' 2 months come from?, or do you extend for 60 days after the 15 months?

Correct, extend for another 2 months after the last 90 day entry.

You can extend each 90 day entry by 60 days if married to a Thai/Family.

Almost 17 months, only 3 border runs, before obtaining a new Visa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 9:08 AM, ubonjoe said:

A embassy or consulate will be signing and stamping the visa stickers which indicates they are the approval point for the application.

Just for reference on this - the Thai Consulate in Dublin never had authority to issue ME visas. They only sent copies of docs to London who then processed the application. If London approved the consul then put the sticker/stamp in your passport saying "Issued by Dublin", but they had no input into that process other than the stamp. They no longer issue any ME visas in Dublin. So there clearly are exceptions within the various processes at embassies and consuls.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Correct, extend for another 2 months after the last 90 day entry.

You can extend each 90 day entry by 60 days if married to a Thai/Family.

Almost 17 months, only 3 border runs, before obtaining a new Visa.

so even though you can extend each entry by 2 months, you can still leave as per normal?, ie, on  NON O ME, enter on 90 days, extend by 60, then day before 60 days expire, leave and return with another normal 90 days?,,,,also why only 3 border runs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How to use a Non Imm O multi entry Visa to it's full potential of staying almost 17 months with only 3 border runs.

 

Visa validity 1 year. Each entry valid 90 days.

 

Example of Visa issued on 31st April 2019, Enter before date 30th April 2020. (Visa validity)

 

Enter Thailand 1st May 2019.

Permitted to stay until 29th August (90 days)

60 Day extension (1,900 baht) from local Imm office

Permitted to stay until Oct 27th.

 

Border run Oct 27tth re-enter. (1st Border run).

 

Permitted to stay until Jan 24th 2020. (90 days)

60 day extension (1,900 baht) from local Imm office.

Permitted to stay until Mar 23rd.

 

Border run Mar 23rd re-enter (2nd Border run)

 

Permitted to stay until June 20th

However as the Visa expires on the Enter before date of 30th April 2020, it's necessary to do a further border run no later than 30th April 2020.

 

Border run 30th April 2020 re-enter (3rd Border run)

Permitted to stay until July 27th (90 days)

60 day extension (1,900 baht) from local Imm office.

Permitted to stay until Sept 25th.2020.

 

Total length of stay almost 17 months, 3 border runs, 3 x 60 day extensions.

May 1st 2019 – Sept 25th 2020.

 

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...