BANGKOK
webfact

Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

Several off topic inflammatory posts and replies to them have been removed.

No further notice of posts being removed will be given.

2 hours ago, userabcd said:

For a single entry non O - For accompanying a Thai spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse, and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.)

What happens if one does not have the monthly income of GBP1500 per month but a lump sum amount. There seems to be no option for a lump sum amount in a bank account for this option?

I just got one from Glasgow, they never asked for bank statements, only application form, my passport, wife's ID card and passport and marriage certificate, waited 2 days then told to come and collect it

Any longer than a 90 day visa being issued is certainly not for tourist purposes.

Please name me a country that issues a multiple entry 1 year visa without much qualification.

Oh wow. If this comes to my country, I will buy Elite Visa. Great. 500 000 THB wasted. The Non-O ME is so practical for anyone working abroad, visiting family once a month. 

• Like 2

Exact from the Thai Embassy London Link in this report

Multiple Entry Visa :

• Multiple Entry Tourist Visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Travellers must enter Thailand within the validity of visa, and they will be permitted to stay in Thailand not exceeding 60 days for each entry within the period of 6 months from the date of arrival in Thailand. 

Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant Visa will be valid for 1 year from the date of issue. Travellers must enter Thailand within the validity of visa.  However, the permitted length of stay is up to 1 year from the date of arrival in Thailand.

Travellers should carefully check the immigration stamps in the passports regarding the exact length of stay to ensure that they do not overstay their visa. Penalty for overstay is a fine of 500 baht per day and blacklist for entry ban for at least 5 years.

They are still advertising one year Multi entry Non-Imm visas !!!!!

Confused..

• Thanks 1

New rules of Thai Immigration laws again. Full time work to follow the law of the week. For this, work permit also needed 😉 

Where is the Op getting their information from?!?!?

Multiple Entry Visa :

• Multiple Entry Tourist Visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Travellers must enter Thailand within the validity of visa, and they will be permitted to stay in Thailand not exceeding 60 days for each entry within the period of 6 months from the date of arrival in Thailand. 

Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant Visa will be valid for 1 year from the date of issue. Travellers must enter Thailand within the validity of visa.  However, the permitted length of stay is up to 1 year from the date of arrival in Thailand."

source:

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/86306-Validity-of-visa-and-permitted-length-of-stay.html

22 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

I really don't think booking an air ticket before getting a visa is a good idea bearing in mind the chances of failing to get the visa.

In order to get a METV visa in America, January 2019, you had to provide copy of flights into and out of Thailand.

Maybe flights from Singapore will do? (~$150 USD roundtrip)

On top of retirement visa changes these new regulations added together will stop so many people coming. Is that intention ?

• Like 2