BANGKOK
webfact

Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

On 6/20/2019 at 6:58 AM, ubonjoe said:

No

They can still get a single entry non-o visa and apply an extension of stay based upon their spouses extension or OA visa entry.

Joe, sorry if this has been covered before but as an old and confused retiree I would be grateful if you would clarify some things for me.

I have currently a multi non 'O' (not O-A) based on marriage which expires Jan. 16th 2020.

If I have 400,000 baht in my bank, seasoned for at least 2 months prior to the date of my application, am I able to get a 12 month extension of this non 'O' visa at my local IO and continue to extend on an annual basis?

What documents would I need apart from passport, marriage certificate and presumably proof of the 400,00 in the bank?

Bearing in mind the expiry date of the visa, when is the best time to apply for the extension (1 week, one month before)?

Am I able to leave Thailand and return more than once on this extension if granted?

Alternatively, if the above is not possible then my only alternative is an O-A visa?

Thanks in anticipation.

Edited by Tmoney

5 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Joe, sorry if this has been covered before but as an old and confused retiree I would be grateful if you would clarify some things for me.

I have currently a multi non 'O' (not O-A) based on marriage which expires Jan. 16th 2020.

If I have 400,000 baht in my bank, seasoned for at least 2 months prior to the date of my application, am I able to get a 12 month extension of this non 'O' visa at my local IO and continue to extend on an annual basis?

What documents would I need apart from passport, marriage certificate and presumably proof of the 400,00 in the bank?

Bearing in mind the expiry date of the visa, when is the best time to apply for the extension (1 week, one month before)?

Am I able to leave Thailand and return more than once on this extension if granted?

Thanks in anticipation.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your visa. You do not have to wait for your visa to expire.

Best to apply for the extension at least 2 weeks before the 90 days ends.

Once you have the extension you can apply for a new extension every year.

After getting the extension you will need to get a re-entry permit to keep it valid if want to travel. The fee for single re-entry permit is 1000 and a multiple is 3800 baht.

Here is my general list of required documents for the extension application. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

• Thanks 1

Got to love the LOS's, great times while it lasted.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your visa. You do not have to wait for your visa to expire.

Best to apply for the extension at least 2 weeks before the 90 days ends.

Once you have the extension you can apply for a new extension every year.

After getting the extension you will need to get a re-entry permit to keep it valid if want to travel. The fee for single re-entry permit is 1000 and a multiple is 3800 baht.

Here is my general list of required documents for the extension application. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

Looks like I still have some bridges to cross before applying for an extension but your info is clear. concise and of great help.

Thank you very much

• Like 1

If you use an Agent to acquire the Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa say at Jomtien where I believe they ask you too report back in 90 Days proving you still have the the 800k Bank.

After using an Agent what would you do if you have to do a a 90 Day Report or need a Re Entry Permit, would you have to use an Agent for those as surely Jomtien would ask you for proof of the money in the Bank ?

@Jumbo1968 A couple of examples I know of.... they have not been asked to return to show the 800k after 3 months. 

Many get a re-entry permit at the same time as the extension through the agent, a package deal!

I don't believe doing the regular 90 day reports is an issue but agents will offer to take care of it, of course. 

Edited by jacko45k

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

@Jumbo1968 A couple of examples I know of.... they have not been asked to return to show the 800k after 3 months. 

Many get a re-entry permit at the same time as the extension through the agent, a package deal!

I don't believe doing the regular 90 day reports is an issue but agents will offer to take care of it, of course. 

I reason I ask is a colleague had the funds when he did his Extension and was given a paper to report back at Jomtien to show he still had the funds in the Bank.

10 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If you use an Agent to acquire the Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa say at Jomtien where I believe they ask you too report back in 90 Days proving you still have the the 800k Bank.

After using an Agent what would you do if you have to do a a 90 Day Report or need a Re Entry Permit, would you have to use an Agent for those as surely Jomtien would ask you for proof of the money in the Bank ?

Just make sure the agent is obtaining the extension from the office where your registered address is.

Some obtain them from other IO's in different Provinces.

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I reason I ask is a colleague had the funds when he did his Extension and was given a paper to report back at Jomtien to show he still had the funds in the Bank.

Yes people doing it without the assistance of an agent are being asked to return and show they still have the funds. Possibly those using agents simply to do the legwork too. 

On 6/20/2019 at 8:21 AM, wildpikey said:

For accompanying a Thai spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse, and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.)

So are we back to the "you have to be in full time employment" to get a Visa. If you have large lumpsum that is not good enough? Or is there a grey area that has to be confirmed by Thai Visa members actually going through the motions and reporting back. Why can they never make these requirements clear.

And what has your wifes Thai passport got to do with it anyway!

I think it's a coy of I'D or passport. 

Is London Embassy the only place where you can get a non Immigrant multi visa based on marriage? I understand Hull is only issuing 3month single entries.

2 hours ago, stament said:

Is London Embassy the only place where you can get a non Immigrant multi visa based on marriage? I understand Hull is only issuing 3month single entries.

You can no longer obtain the Non Imm O multi entry Visa from the UK, France or China.

It's been discontinued.

The MFA plan to roll out the new E-Visa application service to every Country in the next 3 years, so the Non Imm O ME won't be available anywhere then.

The writings on the wall to put 400K in a Thai bank and get annual extensions.

57 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The writings on the wall to put 400K in a Thai bank and get annual extensions.

That would work with a multi re-entry permit, but they apparently they probably would not process them in less than 90 days, and it's termed an extension of stay, rather than being plainly a permission for access. Then you would have to be there at time of renewal and as many have noted this overrunning 30 days by perhaps another month. Also it may use up my wife's valuable time (every year). Hardly a replacement for the non-O Multi Entry Visa 😢.

e-visa application in london this week.

after submitting all documents online, copies of all documents were then required to be posted in with passport.

50 GBP visa price as displayed on website, charged 60 pounds by website.

then they sent a non-replyable msg that 10 extra pounds needed to be sent (in cash) to return the passport..

sent - still waiting for confirmation/explanation.