Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

2 minutes ago, fresher said:

Oh yes, thank you. It is the Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV) that is 60 days. So I can get Non-O single entry visas for each 12 week trip. Just have to apply twice a year instead of once. Not so bad?

@fresher I know you're retired but do you get a State Pension yet? My reason for asking is in #117 above

1 hour ago, MobileContent said:

The issue is that you must hold a Singapore Residency or a Work Permit to actually get a one year visa ME visa plus on top 400,000 Baht.

Found it - report is a here

24 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Yes but would they issue me one on me being in receipt of my U.K. Pension ?

Not sure to be honest, i'm 46, and my NON O ME are based on having Thai wife and kids, so my post would only really apply to anyone in similar circumstances.

I'm sure other members will be able to help.

Joe.

Edited by PST

7 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

keep tightening.. a few more screws and no-one will qualify for any type of visa!

Thailand keep making visiting more difficult and other countries around are improving their visa requirement. TIT ! 

7 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

3 hours ago, lkv said:

With all the bad foreigner propaganda, you finally bought into it, didn't you?

There are bad apples in every country, however other less nationalistic or less communist countries would not use limited examples as justification for oppressive policies to the extent Thailand does.

The bad apples saying is actually considered by some a logical fallacy in certain contexts.

"Group punishment" and "Group sanctions" as a means to deal with a few bad actors are policies abandoned by most developed countries.

Edited by rexall

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

Fun and games coming. I would need to provide bank statements but currently online only and you cant screenshot from a banking app in my case the Halifax for a SETV

Going to have to return to paper statements.

2nd problem that whilst I stay 6-7 weeks it goes without saying no one pays all of that upfront for obvious reasons and in my case I normally a book a week online and go from there subsequently

So is the requirement that you have all 7 weeks paid for up front lol....bye Thailand I've had enough of this shit

Farcical

if you see it on the screen you can get a screenshot. what os r u using? u may need a third party screen capture app

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

The report I saw was from a non Singapore resident, the website indicates residency is a requirement for some countries (mainly African/Arab) most western countries are not on that list. I've tried searching for the thread but I can't find it.

Importantly this is an online setup that has retained a multi entry option.

The financials are not an issue, getting a multi-non O is.

Give it a try and u end up with a 3 month visa, of course if u have the dash and can show a lot of money in the account then you are fine. Singapore is a tough country to get a one year visa.

Edited by MobileContent

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Found it - report is a here

Yes, but have you ever applied for one? Why do you think that only Savanaket and HCM City are on the list for an easy None O and not Singapore? I am sure if Singapore is that easy Ubonoe would have added Singapore to the list.

Your caputure is about 2017 and now we have 2019 and even Singaporean are not welcome more in Thailand

5 minutes ago, MobileContent said:

Why do you think that only Savanaket and HCM City are on the list for an easy None O and not Singapore?

You missed the point. Singapore has an online system which allows application for a multi-entry. If other embassies in Laos or Vietnam move to online let's hope, like Singapore, the ME option is retained.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Some off topic posts bringing politics into the discussion have been removed. Political topics and discussions are not allowed on this forum.

And now a comment on moderation has been removed.

1 hour ago, VBF said:

@fresher I know you're retired but do you get a State Pension yet? My reason for asking is in #117 above

Yes I do receive the state pension (6 years), I have just had to let them see my bank statement, with the government payment in my receipts, to get the Non-O visa. I used to go to their office in Cardiff, but 2? years ago they made multiple entry Non-O visa available only in the London embassy. But always very straight forward to do, first by visiting the Cardiff office then posting to London.

• Thanks 1

Proof of address in UK ,  naughty .

Big brother could pick this up , community tax payments  etc . Omg .

Edited by elliss

8 hours ago, dcnx said:

Don’t understand the logic behind one embassy ditching the METV. 

I think the key question here, seemingly totally unaddressed in the OP article, is is this move by the London Embassy some kind of singular move, OR is this the first sign of the MFA and all its embassies/consulates discontinuing the Multi-Entry O???

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, elliss said:

Proof of address in UK ,  naughty .

Big brother could pick this up , community tax payments  etc . Omg .

Not a problem......

The Royal Thai Embassy in London can issue visa to the passport holders of the above-mentioned countries, provided that the applicant has a residence status in the United Kingdom or Ireland.

So if you're applying at the London Embassy, you should be UK - resident.  So you'll be paying those anyway. You are, aren't you? ????

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

As for the 30 Day Visa Exempt notice; if I have the cash and proof for onward travel on me, does that mean that I am 'guaranteed' entry with reference to the London embassy's info, or may the IO at the airport just laugh at me as he is allowed to 'make his own rules'?

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1

They should offer now a short way to permanent residency independent from working history but dependent how long you are married and how good you are integrated in the society

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

• Haha 1

I always get a non o multi from London on the basis of a dependent Thai child.
His and mine passports, tabien baans, divorce and custody documents...fairly straightforward...
now...do i have to get a disease check and a police check and only get a single entry ?
i have 100,000 bht coming into Thailand every month
..does anyone have any ideas ?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Confused 1