Police promise transparency as whistle-blower stirs social media

webfact

Police promise transparency as whistle-blower stirs social media

7pm.jpg
Caption: Under investigation

Police in Bangkok have reacted to a picture posted on Facebook by well-known whistle-blower Kriangkrai Thai-orn.

Comment was rife online after Kriangkrai posted a picture of a man with a woman on a police motorcycle. Neither are wearing helmets. 

He asked Hua Mark police to investigate. 

The Royal Thai Police spokesman Krissana Patanacharoen was soon involved saying that Hua Mark police denied it was one of them. 

He promised a full and transparent investigation to find the rider. If he was a policeman he would face internal disciplinary sanctions as well as a fine, he said. 

Source: Daily News

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Even though nearly everyone knows the police here are not serious people, they are still expected to set an example. Sort of amusing. They are franchisees. Not law enforcement. 

The police here do not have credibility amongst the Thai population for this and various other reasons and I am beginning to think the non wearing of helmets may indirectly be a sign of protest.

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Royal Thai Police spokesman Krissana Patanacharoen was soon involved saying that Hua Mark police denied it was one of them

If its not a serving member then the tealeaf has gotta lotta front riding about on it with some totty on the back .. No hats n'all .. 

Why is this in the news forum?

Should be in the jokes forum, because that is what it is.

Police promise transparency.... That will be a first.

Laws are there only for peasants to obey, we are above the law.????️‍♀️:cheesy:

Today saw a policeman riding his bike with his officer hat on.  This counts for a helmet right?

(I couldn't pull over fast enough to snap a picture.)  This was down Sukhumvit Soi 26 ....

52 minutes ago, webfact said:

If he was a policeman he would face internal disciplinary sanctions as well as a fine, he said. 

Why???  The police rarely enforce the motorcycle helmets law -- except when it's time for some revenue enhancement.

I was in downtown BKK the other day, standing at an intersection waiting for a long light, and watching a policeman out in the middle of the intersection directing traffic. All kinds of folks, singles, doubles, triples, were zooming past on motorcycles, most of them not wearing helmets. The guy never blinked.

Agree with all the sentiments above. That said, those shitty little tin cap helmets they wear are probably not much better at protecting the skull in an accident than not wearing one at all. 

7 minutes ago, Ulic said:

I don't understand. I see police regularly riding on motorcycles not wearing helmets. What is so special about this one?

I suppose that another policeman has highlighted it and its hit social media.

7 hours ago, tlandtday said:

The police here do not have credibility amongst the Thai population for this and various other reasons and I am beginning to think the non wearing of helmets may indirectly be a sign of protest.

they get the police force they deserve

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The Royal Thai Police spokesman Krissana Patanacharoen was soon involved saying that Hua Mark police denied it was one of them

But you can just checking number plate and see who there own the bike if it not police man on the bike so ask the police man owner who they are 

Archived