AT Immigration right now to extend student visa - QUEUE 300ppl

Hey guys, 

im currently at Chiangwattana immigration bureau to extend my student visa At counter N1 for non-Ed’s, took my ticket and have 233 people in front of me.

anyone already got that issue ? 

What should i do ?

back home and come tomorrow with that same ticket ?

if anyone can help.

thanks 

Normally they will work until it's finished, if there's too many tickets they stop giving them out...

From what i would guess, the tickets won't be valid anymore tomorrow and the sheme starts again.

The only option you have is to use an agent or prepare for a very long wait time imo

• Like 1

Just now, Icew said:

Hey, thanks for this quick answer.

for the agent is that something that I can do now here ? 

Or i should’ve done it before ?

thanks again for your answer 

Ice always use an agent. They have 'ways' of getting in front I never wait more than 30 mins usually. Good luck.

34 minutes ago, Icew said:

im currently at Chiangwattana immigration bureau to extend my student visa At counter N1 for non-Ed’s, took my ticket and have 233 people in front of me.

anyone already got that issue ? 

What should i do ?

back home and come tomorrow with that same ticket ?

Yes, everyone at CW has the same issue.

As another poster said, just wait, they work until everyone has been taken care of, as the day drags on they start working quicker, they want to go home also!  You cannot use the same queue ticket any other day.

Some will tell you, after the fact, that you should have used an agent, and that is correct if you don't mind paying, but they probably won't give you specific details.  Don't worry about it, you'll be done by the end of today.

28 minutes ago, Icew said:

Thanks for your answer Bob,

where can I contact those agents ? 

Thanks 

Im in a different city so sorry I can't be more helpful. Google should find one in your area.

Edited by BobBKK

21 hours ago, Icew said:

Thanks for your answer Bob,

where can I contact those agents ? 

Thanks 

Ask at your school they will probably have one in the office or if not be affiliated with one and give you a contact number.

Slight light at the end of the tunnel, Immigration Police have just had a recruitment drive for  1000 new posts, over 30,000 applied.

Unfortunately only 940 or so passed the written exams, and they are waiting for results of interviews/medical examinations in August.

Then they will start to be appointed and trained, training may be abbreviated to get them in post quickly.

31 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Slight light at the end of the tunnel, Immigration Police have just had a recruitment drive for  1000 new posts, over 30,000 applied.

Unfortunately only 940 or so passed the written exams, and they are waiting for results of interviews/medical examinations in August.

Then they will start to be appointed and trained, training may be abbreviated to get them in post quickly.

Unfortunately i do not see it as good news at all.

It just indicates that we will not see any easing as some hoped But just more vigorous enforcement and stricture in the already overly complex immigration rules..

• Like 1

Yes, that’s certainly one view. The other view could be that they are trying to reduce queues everywhere with more staff, and maybe the new blood can come up with better ways of ensuring good guys in, bad guys out.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

41 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

The recruitment drive is largely due to the TM30 enforcement issue, and a clear message that they're playing hardball on it.

Do you have proof to that statement. I doubt that is the reason.

They are increasing staff to insure they have enough people at all offices, airports and border crossings.

• Like 2

N-Section can be terrible some days, its a combination of agents, working the ticket system, and collecting various numbered queue tickets for their clients, mostly students and teachers, and everyone else who use N-Section, has it has a variety of different visas and extensions from embassy staff to monkhood. Sometines you can see maybe 40-50 students from the same school all waiting with the agents, then agents queue jump or have a good talk over something, and bingo you have 300 people waiting,

They should take N-Section back to No automated tickets and go manuel, and N-2 Section should be taken back from more agents and be for other visas, just like it was when cw first opened, much smoother and without the long queues, but that would mean less cashish

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you have proof to that statement. I doubt that is the reason.

They are increasing staff to insure they have enough people at all offices, airports and border crossings.

I was really limiting my reply to the context of the thread which like other topics recently reports CW as buckling under the weight of it's own red tape.

However, I'm not sure of staffing levels nationally, and especially of staff equipped to deal with some of the new procedures in place. When I came in through Suvarnabhumi last month it took a very long time to get through immigration due to the new fingerprint scanners, so if these are being installed at all entry points they will certainly be needing an increase in specially trained staff to cope, and to gain some experience in the next few months prior to the high season.