update on O-A "retirement" visa extension Udon Thani

5 hours ago, ronaldo12 said:

My GF came with me with housebook and ID, to confirm i stay with here in "her" house.

So no need for a TM30, then? Or had your GF already provided one?

So now, even though they were supposed to be satisfied seeing a monthly deposit, they are now asking to see the source and details of the monthly transfers?

I had no doubt they would or will ask for that, because just showing monthly transfers in, does not show proof of any sustainable income.  One could have just sold a car and is spending down the cash, etc.  The whole idea of income for retirement was originally based on the assumption of something sustainable, such as a pension.  Many people do not have pensions but have significant investment holding that generate interest, dividends, or have rental properties etc.  So this may be a really nasty harbinger of things to come if even after going through all the trouble to setup and pay fees for these monthly transfers, if the Thais still are not satisfied.

9 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

So now, even though they were supposed to be satisfied seeing a monthly deposit, they are now asking to see the source and details of the monthly transfers?

I had no doubt they would or will ask for that, because just showing monthly transfers in, does not show proof of any sustainable income.  One could have just sold a car and is spending down the cash, etc.  The whole idea of income for retirement was originally based on the assumption of something sustainable, such as a pension.  Many people do not have pensions but have significant investment holding that generate interest, dividends, or have rental properties etc.  So this may be a really nasty harbinger of things to come if even after going through all the trouble to setup and pay fees for these monthly transfers, if the Thais still are not satisfied.

Yes.

This is a problem.

I was given the impression that Immigration would be happy to see a regular 65k ( or more ) land in the applicants account monthly from this year on..

But no .

So I live ( well ) on interest. 

Not a pension.

And my government is one of the 4 refusing to do affidavits.

This sucks...

• Like 1

Ronaldo    your English is not a problem   -   thanks for UT Immig update.

Does anyone one have any recent experience with retirement visa extension using the 800k method using UT immig?

Mine is due very early Jan 2020   -   does anyone know exactly what they require?     thanks.

8 hours ago, ecoscape said:

Yes, Udonthani are professional, friendly and helpful to those who are legitimate, long may it remain so...

Regrettably that is not a constant with that immigration office, 

there are some who are, and some who are not so much.

If you get the former everything is good.

Get the latter and you may be required to provide things unique to you and that officer.

TIT. YMMV.

Edited by sometimewoodworker