BANGKOK
AJBangkok

Elite Visa do I need to file a TM30

3 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

Unborn Joe is correct the 5/10/20 year visas plans are PE visas and the lifetime plan is a SE visa. All elite visa are 5 years but the plans allow for extensions of varying length. Only the lifetime plan is a SE visa. They do not issue lifetime plans any more.

7 minutes ago, AJBangkok said:

Yes I have the original elite SE visa which is renewable every 5 years for life. It requires me to get an extension of stay every 3 months. I think the new elite visas are called PE visas. Historically I tried to change it to a 20 year visa but it all got mixed up as elite neglected to tell me I needed to enter by Bangkok airport. I tried to do it a second time at Bangkok airport but the elite rep did not show with the correct paperwork. I wanted to change to a 20 year to get the 1 year extension rather than 3 month.

So my question remains can I go to any immigration office to extend my stay and if I wanted to start using Hua Hin or Phetchaburi what would I need to do 

Don't and if you are crazy to do it still - sell it to me instead and i buy you the 20 year one 😛

1 hour ago, AJBangkok said:

Unborn Joe is correct the 5/10/20 year visas plans are PE visas and the lifetime plan is a SE visa. All elite visa are 5 years but the plans allow for extensions of varying length. Only the lifetime plan is a SE visa. They do not issue lifetime plans any more.

Well, the latest ELITE SUPERIORITY EXTENSION MEMBERSHIP certainly has "SE" stamped on the card.

Have a look at the link, all are ELITE XXX XXX MEMBERSHIPS

That's why I queried it.

11 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

Well, the latest ELITE SUPERIORITY EXTENSION MEMBERSHIP certainly has "SE" stamped on the card.

But what does the visa sticker have on it?

I am sure it has PE on it.

As, I said, I am considering it for the near future, so all I have been doing is quoting from the website.

Maybe a member who has a recent Superiority Extension can tell us what his/her passport sticker looks like.

Apologies to the OP for getting a bit off track, I hope you get a definitive answer to your tricky question, all this TM30 stuff is certainly throwing up some strange issues.

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Although I would never in a million years get an Elite Visa no matter how rich I am, it seems people are buying an Elite Visa, paying 500.000 Bt for five years, and getting nothing at the end of it, it seems there are still complications even after giving away 500.000Bt. The mind sure boggles.

Is there nothing uncomplicated where Thai immigration is concerned? It really seems the best way to go now is to use an agent. 😀

We get to stay, there is no other visa for us.

On 6/21/2019 at 7:22 PM, ThomasThBKK said:

We get to stay, there is no other visa for us.

Exactly - and not sure what complications @possum1931 is talking about. 90Day reporting and TM 30 have to be done but it is all straight forward and easy enough compared to some of the other options. Paying agent fees for the next 20 years will add up as well and seems lot less clean than the Elite way

52 minutes ago, huberthammer said:

Exactly - and not sure what complications @possum1931 is talking about. 90Day reporting and TM 30 have to be done but it is all straight forward and easy enough compared to some of the other options. Paying agent fees for the next 20 years will add up as well and seems lot less clean than the Elite way

The 90 day reporting is straight forward for some people and not for others. Being told to report to anyone every so often is treating you like a criminal.

Everyone who is happy doing this are the same people who are too frightened to stand up to anyone and are  happy to be treated like doormats in their everyday lives. "Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full sir". :cheesy:

How much does it cost for a 20 year Elite visa? I would think a lot more than paying agents fees over the same period if you play your cards right, and I am not talking about doing anything illegal. Don't you have to do reporting with the Elite Visa in some way?

I would bet it is not just a case of handing over the 20 year fee, and having the freedom to go anywhere you like. and living your life as you please, within the law of course.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/23/2019 at 10:57 AM, possum1931 said:

The 90 day reporting is straight forward for some people and not for others. Being told to report to anyone every so often is treating you like a criminal.

Everyone who is happy doing this are the same people who are too frightened to stand up to anyone and are  happy to be treated like doormats in their everyday lives. "Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full sir". :cheesy:

How much does it cost for a 20 year Elite visa? I would think a lot more than paying agents fees over the same period if you play your cards right, and I am not talking about doing anything illegal. Don't you have to do reporting with the Elite Visa in some way?

I would bet it is not just a case of handing over the 20 year fee, and having the freedom to go anywhere you like. and living your life as you please, within the law of course.

Well, they do my 90 day reporting for me, but i usually never need it as i travel for business around...

20 year visa is 50k per year, frankly not a lot of money, got only the 5 year one tho..they pick me up at home and bring me to first class lounge and bring me back home when i arrive, couldn't care less about that bit of money. Not much worse than parking 800k with them forever, getting reentry permit blabla, and having to deal with their bs every year again and again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Well, they do my 90 day reporting for me, but i usually never need it as i travel for business around...

20 year visa is 50k per year, frankly not a lot of money, got only the 5 year one tho..they pick me up at home and bring me to first class lounge and bring me back home when i arrive, couldn't care less about that bit of money. Not much worse than parking 800k with them forever, getting reentry permit blabla, and having to deal with their bs every year again and again.

Like I said, I wouldn't care how rich I am, I would use an agent before I would throw away money like that on an Elite Visa. 

That way you would not need to bother about their BS, that's what you would be paying the agent for, all legal.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Agent for what dude???

There's NO VISA for under 50 year old non working singles that allows long term stay.

Agents also need you to park money, or whatever they do is not legit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Agent for what dude???

There's NO VISA for under 50 year old non working singles that allows long term stay.

What nonsense.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Like I said, I wouldn't care how rich I am, I would use an agent before I would throw away money like that on an Elite Visa. 

That way you would not need to bother about their BS, that's what you would be paying the agent for, all legal.

The difference I see is the amount, both could be construed as throwing money away. Your interpretation of 'legal' may differ to someone else's one day. If you simply use an agent to do the legwork for you, and no fabrication of qualifications, I of course withdraw that comment. (But then you would be throwing away money another way). 

There seem to some other compensations to using the expensive Elite option. If you are not 'rich' it is likely you would not grasp what you would or wouldn't do. Money is a great time and aggravation avoider, An old wealthy person can appreciate that and the value of that time. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Agent for what dude???

What the agents do is not legit?? It has to involve immigration, so you are saying the top people in immigration are not legit?