Elite Visa do I need to file a TM30

I have the Thailand Elite old version which I purchased from an existing member. It was transferred to me for 30 years validity and I do the 90 day stamps at CW. It is an “SE” visa. Back on topic, yes you need to do the TM30. The time before last I was stung for the 800 baht fine as I had never completed it before. It is now up to date and they made no mention of the Tm30 at last report. So as long as you aren’t staying in hotels etc which will pop up on the immigration system, after the first Tm30 everything should be fine. Hope that helps.

Second part- can you do extension in Hua hin... I did when I was living there but initially I had to show them a lease agreement. I have been told by TE before that I always needed to extend at CW because that was where this visa was issued. In practice I haven’t found this to be the case. I was also using the Samut Prakarn office when I lived in that area. In my case I just needed to show a lease agreement matching the area the office was responsible for.

the question is if n-section at cw enforce tm30 and up

until now they dont, maybe in other immigration offices around the country they enforce tm30, but after many threads from a 'similar poster' on tm30 and elite, until n-section enforces, its just another trivial  law to keep people under more control, no thanks, lets see what happens in the future, will n-section enforce tm30 and have people with sleeping bags, with the queues, or will it stay the same

My visa, as stated, is 30 years. Not lifetime. But in all other aspects it is the same as the OP. I thought it would be helpful to know that at the visa desk where all of us “elite visa” holders do our renewals they are enforcing the Tm30 and I have been subject to the 800 baht fine already. I am not sure what more information I could add to clarify the situation here.

• Like 1

I am due to renew my extension to stay next week on my elite SE visa. I will be going to the N1 section at Changwattana. I have never filed a TM30 before so if N1 section ask for it we will know. On the off chance they do ask for it what extra documents/ copies should i bring to make it as painless as possible.

have booked the reservation for the stay extension for you at the Immigration Office (Chaengwattana)on April 30th, 2019 at 8:30 AM (Please find the attach file for the Confirmation Letter of Stay Extension)

Please go to counter N.1 and inform to the officer that you would like to do the stay extension with the 90 day report.

Please bring these documents with you 

1. Application form TM.7 (For the Stay Extension) (Please find the attach file of TM.7 form in this email)

2. Passport

3. Passport copy of relevant pages, viz.

- Page with name, surname and picture

- Page with issue and expiry dates of passport

- Page with Elite Visa

- Page with latest arrival stamp

- Departure card (TM.6)

4. A photo of 4x6 (2 inches) (not older than 6 months)

5. Original elite card and its copy

6. Application fee 1900 baht

7. A copy of TM. 30

The member is necessarily to present the copy of TM.30 Form to the Immigration Officer. It is the Notification of Residence Form which you can ask from House Master, Owner or the Possessor of the Residence such as hotel where you member is staying.

If member is the owner, please bring house book, utility bills and passport and go to counter B at the Immigration and inform to the officer that you would like to do the TM. 30.

Please note that, the immigration will refuse the process of Elite visa stamp if the members do not have this document. Please find the TM.30 Form as attached.

Any further inquiries you may have, please do not hesitate to contact us at your most convenience.

• Thanks 1

Pretty much the same answer I got regarding tm30 fron elite. You can get lucky that they waive you through but it all depends oh the IO and how good of a dump he had that morning. 

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What the agents do is not legit?? It has to involve immigration, so you are saying the top people in immigration are not legit?

If it involves tmoney and kickbacks to an immi officer than no it's a criminal offense to use such services and everyone who's building his future on that cardhouse is either desperate or a fool. If someone can avoid that he should obviously, most people here have too much to lose to use such services. 

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What nonsense.

Why don't you tell us about these visas we could use instead that guarantee us to stay and are financially more suitable than elite ??? We have a burning desire to know. Which are they?? The 4 year smart investor visa?? The 10 mio investment visa???? Tell us.

I am 35 and need another 15 years till i can get the retirment visa/extension - so let me know how i can easily stay another 15 years. 

I, and many others prefer to pay TAT a fee compared to some shady agent deal that gives me no legal recourse. 

2 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Pretty much the same answer I got regarding tm30 fron elite. You can get lucky that they waive you through but it all depends oh the IO and how good of a dump he had that morning. 

If it involves tmoney and kickbacks to an immi officer than no it's a criminal offense to use such services and everyone who's building his future on that cardhouse is either desperate or a fool. If someone can avoid that he should obviously, most people here have too much to lose to use such services. 

Why don't you tell us about these visas we could use instead that guarantee us to stay and are financially more suitable than elite ??? We have a burning desire to know. Which are they?? The 4 year smart investor visa?? The 10 mio investment visa???? Tell us.

I am 35 and need another 15 years till i can get the retirment visa/extension - so let me know how i can easily stay another 15 years. 

I, and many others prefer to pay TAT a fee compared to some shady agent deal that gives me no legal recourse. 

You can get married. ????

• Haha 1

First transfer from an existing group 2 member is the full 30 years. Additional, subsequent transfers aquire the balance of the visa. This is a photo of my Visa I took just now. Not really sure why I'm bothering with this. A few alternate realities on this forum haha.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BlackSwan said:

First transfer from an existing group 2 member is the full 30 years. Additional, subsequent transfers aquire the balance of the visa. This is a photo of my Visa I took just now. Not really sure why I'm bothering with this. A few alternate realities on this forum haha.

I can confirm that, also the old corporate Thai elite visa was 30 years, i think that's why they give you 30 years if u buy lifetime membership. They prolly want to stop 90 year olds to sell their lifetime member to another member and so on, that's why 30 years. Suffice to say the old thai elite visa was way better - even included landownership of up to 10 rai (i think that never came into effect as certain parties ruled against that law). 

T. did some good stuff when he was in power imo, this wouldn't exist without him... i just wish they had a more expensive, lifetime option again or even a investment for citizenship option for some serious dough like most other countries. Heck u can buy even US and UK passports but here they are to xenophobic and they hate money

Here's some info on the landownership: 

many people would have invested serious money for that privilege imo.

Edited by ThomasThBKK
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, BlackSwan said:

I'm not sure what your problem is mate but perhaps you should take a bit of a breather. I'm only relating my genuine experience for the benefit of others. Have a nice day ????

20190625_131553.jpg

just curious, what is that Thai writing below the sticker?

out of interest anyone, what is the going rate for the original (lifetime) Elite visa when purchased in the second hand market? Just curious as i have one which i have (so far ) never really needed to make use of (i have a WP and relevant visa).  I have no intention of selling as it may be useful one day but curious as to what the going rate is.

Edited by wordchild

On 6/24/2019 at 9:43 PM, ThomasThBKK said:

Well, they do my 90 day reporting for me, but i usually never need it as i travel for business around...

20 year visa is 50k per year, frankly not a lot of money, got only the 5 year one tho..they pick me up at home and bring me to first class lounge and bring me back home when i arrive, couldn't care less about that bit of money. Not much worse than parking 800k with them forever, getting reentry permit blabla, and having to deal with their bs every year again and again.

And of  course you know they cancel that visa and change the rules at ANY TIME, it says so in their website, also says they will refund you a "portion" of the fee you paid.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It has not happened in the 16 years Thai Elite has existed.

A certain government wanted to shut it down in 2008/2009 but decided not to do it due to threats of lawsuits and etc.

This is true; i know this from direct personal experience.

There was a short period (6/9 Months?)  during which the TE staff and service level was run down somewhat and , as far as i remember,  the sale of new memberships were suspended for a time. However, there was never any suspension of visa privileges for existing TE members, despite rumors of this on Thai Visa forums, at that time, and ever since. I think, at the worst, some members who had to change their passports during this brief period (and therefore needed to also  transfer their visa) may have experienced a month or so of additional delay, but that was about it.

As one of the early TE members I was asked (with 4/5 others) to come to the TE Head Office  to meet with  TE officials (those who were left by that stage) and additionally, a couple of individuals who were introduced  to us as senior Government representatives. From that meeting, it was clear to me that the  Government of the time (which was anti Thaksin and therefor anti  TE)  was, however, also  very concerned about the potential damage to Thailand's international standing from the closure of the scheme without  appropriate  compensation being offered to members. 

Various ideas for compensation were discussed at the meeting I attended. As I remember, the members who attended all made the point that it was the long term visa promise that had been the original attraction of the scheme, ie not the golf/spa nonsense. One of the Government representatives floated the idea of offering TE members a reduced form of  Permanent Residence in lieu of monetary compensation, for those who wanted it (and met certain criteria). In any event, none of that got very far as that particular Government didn't last very much longer.

Edited by wordchild
  • Thanks 1

I’ll try to bring some closure to this thread as I went to Changwattana this week to do my elite SE 90 day extension of stay and 90 day report. As an insurance policy I also filled in a TM30 and made extra copies of my passport pages as well as a copy of my condo Chanote and the transfer letter issued at the land department.

i arrived at lunch time and when it reopened I got tickets for N1 for extension of stay and section A for my 90 day report. Section N1 I had around 120 people in front of me as they had processed about 100 applications before lunch. Section A i had around 250 in front of me.

i sat down at N1 for a long wait and tried to scope out any drama others may have had over TM 30’s. From what I saw they made a few people fill out forms but they did not look like the regular TM30 form. I think they told a few people that they must register at section B. That was enough for me so around 3pm I went back to the ticket desk and asked for a ticket for section B to do a TM30 report and an extra ticket for section A 90 day report as a back up just in case my first number got called at the same time my N1 number was called. 

The N1 section was super slow and I did my 90 day report at section A first around 4pm. No problems. 

I got called around 5 pm for my extension of stay. The first thing the lady did was ask if I had a TM30 receipt. I said I tried to enter it on the internet but I didn’t know if it worked. She went to another room to check the system and came back saying I don’t have one. Then she and another lady had a conversation and she got another piece of paper and went to another computer terminal and said the system is closed already. Then she came back and said I will have to come back tomorrow and go to section B as the Que is closed but they would process my extension of stay now. Processed the extension of stay no problems.

I did not tell them that I already had the que ticket for the TM30

I went to section B which looks like a temporary setup outside of the 90 day report room and there were still over 100 people waiting. They called my number around 6.15 pm and the woman asked me if I owned the condo, she took a cursory look at my paperwork and the only thing out of the ordinary was when she waved the transfer document at her 2 colleagues and stated how much I paid for my condo. She said today you pay fine 800 baht and gave me back the paperwork and pointed me over to a section where they were issuing receipts and writing fines. Receipts were issued and I had to sign the yellow fine book. 

That was it. I walked out at around 6.30 and with the exception of section B immigration was a ghost town. I then spent 2 hours driving back to lower Sukhumvit.

• Like 2

I’ll try to bring some closure to this thread as I went to Changwattana this week to do my elite SE 90 day extension of stay and 90 day report. As an insurance policy I also filled in a TM30 and made extra copies of my passport pages as well as a copy of my condo Chanote and the transfer letter issued at the land department.

i arrived at lunch time and when it reopened I got tickets for N1 for extension of stay and section A for my 90 day report. Section N1 I had around 120 people in front of me as they had processed about 100 applications before lunch. Section A i had around 250 in front of me.

i sat down at N1 for a long wait and tried to scope out any drama others may have had over TM 30’s. From what I saw they made a few people fill out forms but they did not look like the regular TM30 form. I think they told a few people that they must register at section B. That was enough for me so around 3pm I went back to the ticket desk and asked for a ticket for section B to do a TM30 report and an extra ticket for section A 90 day report as a back up just in case my first number got called at the same time my N1 number was called. 

The N1 section was super slow and I did my 90 day report at section A first around 4pm. No problems. 

I got called around 5 pm for my extension of stay. The first thing the lady did was ask if I had a TM30 receipt. I said I tried to enter it on the internet but I didn’t know if it worked. She went to another room to check the system and came back saying I don’t have one. Then she and another lady had a conversation and she got another piece of paper and went to another computer terminal and said the system is closed already. Then she came back and said I will have to come back tomorrow and go to section B as the Que is closed but they would process my extension of stay now. Processed the extension of stay no problems.

I went to section B which looks like a temporary setup outside of the 90 day report room and there were still over 100 people waiting. They called my number around 6.15 pm and the woman asked me if I owned the condo, she took a cursory look at my paperwork and the only thing out of the ordinary was when she waved the transfer document at her 2 colleagues and stated how much I paid for my condo. She said today you pay fine 800 baht and gave me back the paperwork and pointed me over to a section where they were issuing receipts and writing fines. Receipts were issued and I had to sign the yellow fine book. 

That was it. I walked out at around 6.30 and with the exception of section B immigration was a ghost town. I then spent 2 hours driving back to lower Sukhumvit.

Thanks for the update. Let's hope CW only require the TM30 to be done once!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, AJBangkok said:

Hi Mate, this was very similar to my experience. After I paid the 800 fine the first time they haven’t mentioned the Tm30 since. The lady where you go for the 90 day report told me elite visa holders don’t need to get a queue ticket you can just walk up past where people are sitting on the right and poke your head into the second to last cubicle on the left. I’m not sure how well this would work if it was super busy but that’s what I was told last time after waiting patiently with a number for ages. Although they can probably check, I think it’s best if you keep the Tm30 receipt in passport for future interrogations.

On 6/30/2019 at 6:46 PM, wordchild said:

out of interest anyone, what is the going rate for the original (lifetime) Elite visa when purchased in the second hand market? Just curious as i have one which i have (so far ) never really needed to make use of (i have a WP and relevant visa).  I have no intention of selling as it may be useful one day but curious as to what the going rate is.

I’m not sure about lifetime but there are 3 I’ve seen advertised (the old version where transferree receives balance of 30 years or 30 years). One for 3 mil, one for 1.8 and I’m trying to sell mine for 1.3. The transfer fee is 200k. In my case the purchaser gets 25 years visa with original benefits like unlimited golf and spa, no yearly maintenance etc. Personally I think the old membership is better value (but I would say that) and if you don’t need to sell it I’d say the resale will only increase over time. I can’t see thailand elite reducing the cost of new memberships- the ultimate elite with fewer benefits is already double the price. Indeed if for example the financial requirements of other visa types increased (eg 400/800k) or become too onerous then the elite visa starts looking “cheap”. I can only say from my experience it has easily been the best purchase I made in Thailand. Playing a lot of golf helps- it gives you the equivalent of 14 golf club memberships. The green fees alone have saved me a fortune. No I don’t think the scheme will close, it’s in better shape now than ever with all the new offerings. I wouldnt be surprised if they expanded the range of products available. The issue with the first ones was the unlimited liability they carried. I can book a 3500 baht green fee every day if I want. Now that is all restricted or not offered at all under new membership rules. Lessons were learned I guess.

3 hours ago, BlackSwan said:

Hi Mate, this was very similar to my experience. After I paid the 800 fine the first time they haven’t mentioned the Tm30 since. The lady where you go for the 90 day report told me elite visa holders don’t need to get a queue ticket you can just walk up past where people are sitting on the right and poke your head into the second to last cubicle on the left. I’m not sure how well this would work if it was super busy but that’s what I was told last time after waiting patiently with a number for ages. Although they can probably check, I think it’s best if you keep the Tm30 receipt in passport for future interrogations.

They used to have a sign in the 90 day report room saying that Elite holders could go to section L (?) or something ( it was a single desk next to where you go if you lose your TM6 card ) to do their 90 day report but that sign came down at the same time the poster for elite holders on the glass outside N1 Counter 47 came down. I will have a peek in 3 months time but I will also get a ticket.

i am actually thinking of changing my address to a Cha-am as we have a weekend place down there. Reporting at the office in Tha Yang has got to be less painful  than Chang Wattana. I guess that will mean a new TM 30 a day a new TM27.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2019 at 7:39 AM, possum1931 said:

Although I would never in a million years get an Elite Visa no matter how rich I am, it seems people are buying an Elite Visa, paying 500.000 Bt for five years, and getting nothing at the end of it, it seems there are still complications even after giving away 500.000Bt. The mind sure boggles.

Is there nothing uncomplicated where Thai immigration is concerned? It really seems the best way to go now is to use an agent. ????

But 500k is less than the 800k retirement extension.

3 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

But 500k is less than the 800k retirement extension.

The choice is 500,000 baht you will never see again, versus 800,000 baht you still own but have restricted access to. (But can certainly take if you wish).