BANGKOK
AJBangkok

Elite Visa do I need to file a TM30

I have the Thailand Elite old version which I purchased from an existing member. It was transferred to me for 30 years validity and I do the 90 day stamps at CW. It is an “SE” visa. Back on topic, yes you need to do the TM30. The time before last I was stung for the 800 baht fine as I had never completed it before. It is now up to date and they made no mention of the Tm30 at last report. So as long as you aren’t staying in hotels etc which will pop up on the immigration system, after the first Tm30 everything should be fine. Hope that helps.

Second part- can you do extension in Hua hin... I did when I was living there but initially I had to show them a lease agreement. I have been told by TE before that I always needed to extend at CW because that was where this visa was issued. In practice I haven’t found this to be the case. I was also using the Samut Prakarn office when I lived in that area. In my case I just needed to show a lease agreement matching the area the office was responsible for.

the question is if n-section at cw enforce tm30 and up

until now they dont, maybe in other immigration offices around the country they enforce tm30, but after many threads from a 'similar poster' on tm30 and elite, until n-section enforces, its just another trivial  law to keep people under more control, no thanks, lets see what happens in the future, will n-section enforce tm30 and have people with sleeping bags, with the queues, or will it stay the same

I thought I made it clear that I have been fined for the TM30 at CW under the exact visa circumstances the Op was asking about. It most definitely is being enforced there.

My visa, as stated, is 30 years. Not lifetime. But in all other aspects it is the same as the OP. I thought it would be helpful to know that at the visa desk where all of us “elite visa” holders do our renewals they are enforcing the Tm30 and I have been subject to the 800 baht fine already. I am not sure what more information I could add to clarify the situation here.

• Like 1

I am due to renew my extension to stay next week on my elite SE visa. I will be going to the N1 section at Changwattana. I have never filed a TM30 before so if N1 section ask for it we will know. On the off chance they do ask for it what extra documents/ copies should i bring to make it as painless as possible.

have booked the reservation for the stay extension for you at the Immigration Office (Chaengwattana)on April 30th, 2019 at 8:30 AM (Please find the attach file for the Confirmation Letter of Stay Extension)

Please go to counter N.1 and inform to the officer that you would like to do the stay extension with the 90 day report.

Please bring these documents with you 

1. Application form TM.7 (For the Stay Extension) (Please find the attach file of TM.7 form in this email)

2. Passport

3. Passport copy of relevant pages, viz.

- Page with name, surname and picture

- Page with issue and expiry dates of passport

- Page with Elite Visa

- Page with latest arrival stamp

- Departure card (TM.6)

4. A photo of 4x6 (2 inches) (not older than 6 months)

5. Original elite card and its copy

6. Application fee 1900 baht

7. A copy of TM. 30

The member is necessarily to present the copy of TM.30 Form to the Immigration Officer. It is the Notification of Residence Form which you can ask from House Master, Owner or the Possessor of the Residence such as hotel where you member is staying.

If member is the owner, please bring house book, utility bills and passport and go to counter B at the Immigration and inform to the officer that you would like to do the TM. 30.

Please note that, the immigration will refuse the process of Elite visa stamp if the members do not have this document. Please find the TM.30 Form as attached.

Any further inquiries you may have, please do not hesitate to contact us at your most convenience.

• Thanks 1

Pretty much the same answer I got regarding tm30 fron elite. You can get lucky that they waive you through but it all depends oh the IO and how good of a dump he had that morning. 

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What the agents do is not legit?? It has to involve immigration, so you are saying the top people in immigration are not legit?

If it involves tmoney and kickbacks to an immi officer than no it's a criminal offense to use such services and everyone who's building his future on that cardhouse is either desperate or a fool. If someone can avoid that he should obviously, most people here have too much to lose to use such services. 

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What nonsense.

Why don't you tell us about these visas we could use instead that guarantee us to stay and are financially more suitable than elite ??? We have a burning desire to know. Which are they?? The 4 year smart investor visa?? The 10 mio investment visa???? Tell us.

I am 35 and need another 15 years till i can get the retirment visa/extension - so let me know how i can easily stay another 15 years. 

I, and many others prefer to pay TAT a fee compared to some shady agent deal that gives me no legal recourse. 

2 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Pretty much the same answer I got regarding tm30 fron elite. You can get lucky that they waive you through but it all depends oh the IO and how good of a dump he had that morning. 

If it involves tmoney and kickbacks to an immi officer than no it's a criminal offense to use such services and everyone who's building his future on that cardhouse is either desperate or a fool. If someone can avoid that he should obviously, most people here have too much to lose to use such services. 

Why don't you tell us about these visas we could use instead that guarantee us to stay and are financially more suitable than elite ??? We have a burning desire to know. Which are they?? The 4 year smart investor visa?? The 10 mio investment visa???? Tell us.

I am 35 and need another 15 years till i can get the retirment visa/extension - so let me know how i can easily stay another 15 years. 

I, and many others prefer to pay TAT a fee compared to some shady agent deal that gives me no legal recourse. 

You can get married. 😀

• Haha 1

I said financially more viable than elite and not financial suicide.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what your problem is mate but perhaps you should take a bit of a breather. I'm only relating my genuine experience for the benefit of others. Have a nice day 😬

20190625_131553.jpg

• Like 1

First transfer from an existing group 2 member is the full 30 years. Additional, subsequent transfers aquire the balance of the visa. This is a photo of my Visa I took just now. Not really sure why I'm bothering with this. A few alternate realities on this forum haha.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BlackSwan said:

First transfer from an existing group 2 member is the full 30 years. Additional, subsequent transfers aquire the balance of the visa. This is a photo of my Visa I took just now. Not really sure why I'm bothering with this. A few alternate realities on this forum haha.

I can confirm that, also the old corporate Thai elite visa was 30 years, i think that's why they give you 30 years if u buy lifetime membership. They prolly want to stop 90 year olds to sell their lifetime member to another member and so on, that's why 30 years. Suffice to say the old thai elite visa was way better - even included landownership of up to 10 rai (i think that never came into effect as certain parties ruled against that law). 

T. did some good stuff when he was in power imo, this wouldn't exist without him... i just wish they had a more expensive, lifetime option again or even a investment for citizenship option for some serious dough like most other countries. Heck u can buy even US and UK passports but here they are to xenophobic and they hate money

Here's some info on the landownership: 

many people would have invested serious money for that privilege imo.

Edited by ThomasThBKK
  • Like 1

Several inflammatory and flaming posts and replies to them have been removed. A repeat of it will result in a formal warning.