‘Foreigner’ jumps to death from Central Festival Pattaya

webfact

‘Foreigner’ jumps to death from Central Festival Pattaya

image-1.jpg

A person died after falling from the 6th floor at Central Festival Pattaya on Thursday afternoon.

An image shared to social media showed rescue workers attending the scene.

The post said a foreigner had died, while a witness at the scene told Thaivisa a foreigner jumped from the 6th floor. Thaivisa has been unable to corroborate the account.

No further details are available.

This is a developing story and may be updated without warning.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-20

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All very sad.

Maybe they need to have a psychiatric kiosk at the mall.

Jumpers can get some counseling to possibly help from jumping.

Have a big sign at the entrances advising those with mental suicide issues to contact the kiosk.

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

What ever happened to the good old days when people jumped from condos?

Will Thais stop going to that particular mall? You know -- the G word. 

It has nothing to do with this Mall. People looking for such an end are very desperate and at the same time very brave. I think to be desperate is one thing but to be brave is an other. I don't know if there are people never thinking about the ultimate power they have - killing themselves - but I am afraid there might be many - scared. I will never blame one who did. He took a location outside where not so many people get a shock. There are children and people not coping with such a situation and result easily inside the mall. 

13 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Are we sure he is dead?  That Girl who "fell" over the 5th floor balcony railing lived.  

How long? Is she still alive and can tell us her story so that we can stop here to create our own? But even if - how can we be sure that she is not lying? To me the main question is - why do we entertain us with such bad stories? Why don't we look on our own life? Is it so imperfect that we don't want to look at it? And if so - why don't we stop looking? Why don't we at least try to change anything? I know from my personal experience - it might be a hard and stony way with uncertain outcome. 

21 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Why don't we look on our own life? Is it so imperfect that we don't want to look at it? And if so - why don't we stop looking? Why don't we at least try to change anything?

Words of wisdom.  I was travelling along second road just past CF when I heard about this guy jumping. 

I was watching 4 thai ladies working on the flood control project as construction laborers. 

They were talking and laughing and smiling as they worked out in the heat. 

Just reminded me again that enjoying life is a simple thing no matter who you are or what you do 

6 hours ago, seasia said:

Oh Dear.

Another jumper. It seems .

RIP

Also everyday day or week...its just the way it goes here...its boring to ready now.  First few reports of jumpers was a big deal, now if I don't hear one jumping I am disappointed as though something is wrong....

4 hours ago, Skallywag said:

ust reminded me again that enjoying life is a simple thing no matter who you are or what you do 

Yes thats also how I live, I will never understand the mental state of those people who wants to finish it just like that, except if they have a terminal disease and in lots of pain. 

My life is more important than any wife, girlfriend, money or whatever reason they choose to end it.

I want to smell the fresh air when I wake up, not death.

Sorry for the guy. Once again, terrible way to go.

I can almost understand teenagers who get so depressed over being dumped because they see it as the end of the world, and haven't developed coping mechanisms yet in some cases. But for a adult who has managed to get to 60 years, and feels that life is not living over a gf giving him the boot, (if that is in fact the case), I just don't understand that. Our time here is so short, and once one hits 60, they begin to realize it... so why end it like that? RIP

Italian man jumps to death from Pattaya shopping complex

B6566C61-CBA4-4BD0-AEB6-197C55DF9697.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

A 57 year old Italian man jumped to his death from the Central Festival Pattaya shopping complex on Thursday afternoon.

Rescue workers attended the scene at 1.30pm on Thursday following reports that a foreigner had jumped from the sixth floor.

Photos shared on Thaivisa and social media showed security staff at the mall had covered the man’s body with a tent, while a cordon had been put in place outside the mall.

80DF5E13-7D2D-4791-B14E-BB089736DEAA-1280x720.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Police said the man died after suffering severe injuries to his legs, neck and head.

The Italian Embassy has been informed.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-21

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, but surely there was more to the story than that, at least in that guy's head. 

yes it could be many things. we don't know his medical history. or financial situation. and he could have really loved her and felt alone with some huge other problem. no money no honey. 

maybe he had to report to immigration soon. that would do it.

suicide among middle aged men is skyrocketing. i think divorce in the west can be very difficult for men, who often lose relationship with children. also, women are better at seeking support from friends, etc. in thailand, when what looked like a second chance is taken away, things can get ugly i suppose. even anthony bourdain, who was rich, well respected, famous, and attractive for his age, couldnt deal with his much younger girlfriend cheating. it is a shame people are not more spiritual; earthly desires might seem less important.

23 minutes ago, suz123 said:

even anthony bourdain, who was rich, well respected, famous, and attractive for his age, couldnt deal with his much younger girlfriend cheating. it is a shame people are not more spiritual; earthly desires might seem less important. 

I was more spiritual in California during the 80 and 90's, now I am making up for lost time. :clap2:

10 hours ago, wisperone said:

Sorry for the guy. Once again, terrible way to go.

I can almost understand teenagers who get so depressed over being dumped because they see it as the end of the world, and haven't developed coping mechanisms yet in some cases. But for a adult who has managed to get to 60 years, and feels that life is not living over a gf giving him the boot, (if that is in fact the case), I just don't understand that. Our time here is so short, and once one hits 60, they begin to realize it... so why end it like that? RIP

It's not about the age but maturity. I and others could have a GF/wife leave and find a replacement in no time. Others can't handle the loss. Some guys don't deal well with people and when they come to Thailand have a beutiful young girl tell  them they are handsome and love them they are happier than they have ever been in their life and when the girl takes them for everything they have and walks away they don't think they will ever be that happy again. They can't handel the loss/rejection and maybe the realization they have been a fool. The pain is deep

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes it could be many things. we don't know his medical history. or financial situation. and he could have really loved her and felt alone with some huge other problem. no money no honey. 

maybe he had to report to immigration soon. that would do it.

Look at the other side,no honey,no money,i personally am saving 30,000 a month since i seperated from my wife,am seeing a new girl,but give far less as it is casual at present.

10 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

It's not about the age but maturity. I and others could have a GF/wife leave and find a replacement in no time. Others can't handle the loss. Some guys don't deal well with people and when they come to Thailand have a beutiful young girl tell  them they are handsome and love them they are happier than they have ever been in their life and when the girl takes them for everything they have and walks away they don't think they will ever be that happy again. They can't handel the loss/rejection and maybe the realization they have been a fool. The pain is deep

Agree,have been through 2 divorces,and now a seperation from my wife,of 3 years due to her infidlity with a Thai man,very down for a few weeks,now have found a new girl pain has gone,pretty casual at present but it is so true that the best way to get over a broken heart ,is find a new girl.

Archived