‘Foreigner’ jumps to death from Central Festival Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Maybe they need to have a psychiatric kiosk at the mall.

a kiosk selling parachutes might do well

having interests and hobbies is very important to avoid becoming emotionally codependent with a relationship.  who knows, maybe the guy had clinical depression?

2 hours ago, suz123 said:

it is a shame people are not more spiritual; earthly desires might seem less important.

But remember, there is a spirit in everything on earth. At least according to Budhism. ????

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

That can put any sane person over the line.

I myself have no time for this "reporting to immigration", or as it was said "over the line", but this is no laughing matter, when people jump like this, there could be any reason for it, so how about showing some compassion.

We never know just how desperate these folks are or why they choose Thailand rather than their home countries. They may know that the body dies but the spirit never dies, there is more and more and more, some good some not so good but the spirit never dies.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I myself have no time for this "reporting to immigration", or as it was said "over the line", but this is no laughing matter, when people jump like this, there could be any reason for it, so how about showing some compassion.

I guess we all have different mindset when it comes to humour and laughing matters. I will stop laugh when people stop using Central everywhere as their prime destination for jumping.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Italian man jumps to death from Pattaya shopping complex

B6566C61-CBA4-4BD0-AEB6-197C55DF9697.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

A 57 year old Italian man jumped to his death from the Central Festival Pattaya shopping complex on Thursday afternoon.

Rescue workers attended the scene at 1.30pm on Thursday following reports that a foreigner had jumped from the sixth floor.

Photos shared on Thaivisa and social media showed security staff at the mall had covered the man’s body with a tent, while a cordon had been put in place outside the mall.

80DF5E13-7D2D-4791-B14E-BB089736DEAA-1280x720.jpg

Police said the man died after suffering severe injuries to his legs, neck and head.

The Italian Embassy has been informed.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-21

What an ugly death, R.I.P.

Although I must admit I do not have alot of understanding of suicide in general, what I really do not get is when people do this in public. Why traumatize others, and why risk harming an innocent bystander? Just off yourself in private, and do it with dignity. Keep it to yourself, and do not create alot of drama, for people to witness.

For your last act to be something this open and notorious, is a life not well lived. Not much sympathy from me, I am afraid. 

On 6/20/2019 at 3:01 PM, Mitkof Island said:

Pattaya = Half the jumpers go unreported. There will be another by morning. So common place its boring news. Plane loads arriving daily. Get involved with booze find bar girl and jump.

Presume they would like all suicides to go unreported.

Terrible to think some people could even contemplate taking their own life, let alone do it. 

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Italian man jumps to death from Pattaya shopping complex

B6566C61-CBA4-4BD0-AEB6-197C55DF9697.jpg

A 57 year old Italian man jumped to his death from the Central Festival Pattaya shopping complex on Thursday afternoon.

Rescue workers attended the scene at 1.30pm on Thursday following reports that a foreigner had jumped from the sixth floor.

Photos shared on Thaivisa and social media showed security staff at the mall had covered the man’s body with a tent, while a cordon had been put in place outside the mall.

80DF5E13-7D2D-4791-B14E-BB089736DEAA-1280x720.jpg

Police said the man died after suffering severe injuries to his legs, neck and head.

The Italian Embassy has been informed.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-21

After the controversy of the last one I see they have invested in tent.

Maybe they should think of offering the Samaritans some accommodation for a drop-in walk-in centre.

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

why don't they just make it mandatory for all developments to include a safety net with every structure?

Or have every person who enters  the  building wrapped  in cotton wool!

19 hours ago, suz123 said:

suicide among middle aged men is skyrocketing. i think divorce in the west can be very difficult for men, who often lose relationship with children. also, women are better at seeking support from friends, etc. in thailand, when what looked like a second chance is taken away, things can get ugly i suppose. even anthony bourdain, who was rich, well respected, famous, and attractive for his age, couldnt deal with his much younger girlfriend cheating. it is a shame people are not more spiritual; earthly desires might seem less important.

Unless finances meant he couldn't stay here any longer and got nothing back in Italy... with stress sometimes suicide looks to be the only way out for some.

RIP

On 6/20/2019 at 9:36 PM, Skallywag said:

Words of wisdom.  I was travelling along second road just past CF when I heard about this guy jumping. 

I was watching 4 thai ladies working on the flood control project as construction laborers. 

They were talking and laughing and smiling as they worked out in the heat. 

Just reminded me again that enjoying life is a simple thing no matter who you are or what you do 

Auden's poem, based on the painting by Peter Brueghel, titled The Fall of Icarus.

About suffering they were never wrong,
The old Masters: how well they understood
Its human position: how it takes place
While someone else is eating or opening a window or just walking dully along;
How, when the aged are reverently, passionately waiting
For the miraculous birth, there always must be
Children who did not specially want it to happen, skating
On a pond at the edge of the wood:
They never forgot
That even the dreadful martyrdom must run its course
Anyhow in a corner, some untidy spot
Where the dogs go on with their doggy life and the torturer's horse
Scratches its innocent behind on a tree.

In Breughel's Icarus, for instance: how everything turns away
Quite leisurely from the disaster; the ploughman may
Have heard the splash, the forsaken cry,
But for him it was not an important failure; the sun shone
As it had to on the white legs disappearing into the green
Water, and the expensive delicate ship that must have seen
Something amazing, a boy falling out of the sky,
Had somewhere to get to and sailed calmly on.

icarus.gif

the people that do this are <deleted>. there are plenty of ways to kill yourself without putting others at risk. most civilized countries dont even report suicides because its a fact that it leads to copycats. it would be nice if thaivisa could sacrifice its ratings a little and do the same to make the world a better place

• 3 months later...

Archived