Swede who ran multi-million dollar Bitcoin scam arrested on Koh Chang

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine there would have been a few nervous expats in Pattaya waking up to this news this morning, Isn’t there a similar crypto Ponzi scheme going on in Pattaya right now that is being run by a Swede ?

18 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

If he had 11 million Dollars, one has to ask why he would live in Thailand?  Cypress comes to mind as a better place, no extradition.

Why would anyone live in Cypress unless forced? That place is boring as hell. I'm from Malibu, California, USA...have well over 11 million dollars and I choose to live in Thailand because it's awesome. I'm in my 30s and a software engineer ( i actually still work remotely for US companies ). I can live in the US, earned all my money legitimately, I just prefer Thailand. I literally can live anywhere in the world that I choose...I've chosen to live in Thailand. I live between Phuket and Bangkok. My view right now from my pad in Bangkok looks pretty sweet. Not going to find a view like this in Cypress. Thailand is probably the best place on planet Earth that one can live. It's a very fun country without all the crazy laws and PC culture that you have in Western nations. USA === most boring country on Earth. As someone who has traveled to most countries and lived in many...Thailand is by far my favorite spot. Thailand is awesome.

image.thumb.png.9666f79d97f2b05af6a293c82c9a77cb.png

Including those who ilegally claim social security payments from their home countries while living the high life here spending cash intended for hospitals and the care of older people back home.

These people are thieves and equally detestable as they steal money needed by legal Government departments overseas.

How many guys do we all know fitting this description?

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

USA the World police....there must have been some

that lost money there.

regards worgeordie

I wish China would take over the World Police position.      I'm tired of having to pay taxes for that job which I don't like.

19 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

If he had 11 million Dollars, one has to ask why he would live in Thailand?  Cypress comes to mind as a better place, no extradition.

There is absolutely nothing reminiscent of multi million dollar lifestyle - not even close by ...It seems to be more to this story and less money connected to him personally - he looks more like a scapegoat while wiping crocodile tears on the way out of the house rather than a hardcore multi dollar millionaire ... :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

I suppose hiding up a Cypress tree may work. Better to go to a country that does not have an extradition treaty with US. Cyprus is not one of them. (Yep, I am a pedantic <deleted>)

https://internationalman.com/articles/which-countries-can-the-nsa-whistleblower-escape-to/

1 hour ago, Duck J Butters said:

have well over 11 million dollars and I choose to live in Thailand because it's awesome. I'm in my 30s and a software engineer ( i actually still work remotely for US companies )

Why?

15 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Are you 2 speaking from experience --- or do you just have fantasy's about this sort of thing ?...."my what great times lie ahead for you, sweet cheeks."........"will have to play girlie-girlie with some hard core- steroid pumped- bald - tatooed - bodybuilt gang leader".......Wow I don't know about a 16 man Thai prison cell, think I would be worried about being in a two up with either of you .........

Yeah, it's quite unsettling to know we have such poisoned minds in our midst hey?

I've noted that there's quite a few buggery advocates here every time someone gets jailed. I hope they seek help. There's innocent kids out there.

I don't believe a word of it. Swedes and their Norwegian cousins don't commit fraud! Just joking....New Nordic would not stand up to any financial  inquiries based on acceptable accounting practices. Someday that house of cards will collapse.    

Again we see the suspect's face. And when there is some tuk-tuk driver caught for a savage attack - his face is always blurred. Why are those double standards? Actually, I know the answer. Nobody cares about farang's reputation and basic rights in Thailand.

Can they confiscate his property as "proceeds of crime"?

This could be used as part compensation for his victims.

Mind you, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Fools and their money soon parted, GREED.

18 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Are you 2 speaking from experience --- or do you just have fantasy's about this sort of thing ?...."my what great times lie ahead for you, sweet cheeks."........"will have to play girlie-girlie with some hard core- steroid pumped- bald - tatooed - bodybuilt gang leader".......Wow I don't know about a 16 man Thai prison cell, think I would be worried about being in a two up with either of you .........

you seem upset ? offended ? a bit bitter ?  or felt that the posters were hinting on you ? ... humm...whatever...take a deep breath and relax fella...????

RE - With $11,000,000 why would he want to live in a tree?

Not neccesary - Cypress is not only the name of a tree but as well the name of a small city in south central California … :thumbsup:

Archived