BANGKOK
snoop1130

MG makes its ZS electric vehicle affordable

MG makes its ZS electric vehicle affordable

By The Nation 

e35ea543c756bf6a1cc04a6e222e26d3.jpeg

MG has shocked the market with the pricing of its ZS EV (electric vehicle), but in a good way.

The ZS EV, imported from China, now comes with a highly attractive price tag of Bt1.19 million, making it one of the cheapest EV sedans in the market.

Plus, for the first 1,000 customers, MG is giving a free home-charging unit worth Bt45,000, free installation worth Bt20,000 as well as free insurance and unlimited mileage warranty on the battery for eight years.

The ZS EV gets its power from a 44.5kWh water-cooled battery with a rapid charging ability (0 to 80 per cent in 43 minutes). A normal charge from a 7kWh wall unit can take up to 6.5 hours (0 to 100 per cent).

Maximum output is declared at 150 horsepower, while MG claims a range of as much as 428km (down to 335km according to the NEDC standard).

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30371458

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-20
  • Like 1

It will be many years before all electric cars can even be considered here. The infrastructure for normal consumption is hardly robust never mind for cars. My Son has a Tesla, he asked if I had ever seen one here in Thailand, I haven't stopped laughing. If there is one around, goodness knows how practical it is here. Consigned to Bangkok and district I bet. Has anyone seen or heard of a Tesla in LOS?  

At that price I may be tempted for my regular commute (120km per day).

Always need the backup of an ICE vehicle if the juice has been off and you didn't get a full charge.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

It will be many years before all electric cars can even be considered here. The infrastructure for normal consumption is hardly robust never mind for cars. My Son has a Tesla, he asked if I had ever seen one here in Thailand, I haven't stopped laughing. If there is one around, goodness knows how practical it is here. Consigned to Bangkok and district I bet. Has anyone seen or heard of a Tesla in LOS?  

Seen about 6 in total.

4 in Bangkok. The owner of Ducati Vibhavadi owns a Tesla Model X, so go to the parking lot at Ducati Vibhavadi and you'll see one parked there.

Saw one in Bang Saen at the market.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MatteoBassini said:

Seen about 6 in total.

4 in Bangkok. The owner of Ducati Vibhavadi owns a Tesla Model X, so go to the parking lot at Ducati Vibhavadi and you'll see one parked there.

Saw one in Bang Saen at the market.

Thanks for that. I guess in Bangkok it would work out, as much as any car in that City is a good thing. I wonder about further afield.  At Easter my son had a low power when he arrived at our holiday hotel.  He connected to the domestic feed and it was 36 hours before he had  enough workable power to get home. Without a National Infrastructure of Tesla fast chargers, it would be  a big risk to try to travel far from Bangkok.  Still, they do look good. 

Would not consider all electric but next car might be a hybrid.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The ZS EV, imported from China, now comes with a highly attractive price tag of Bt1.19 million, making it one of the cheapest EV sedans in the market.

Cheapest is still waaaaaay out of reach for the vast majority of Thais, as they live on less than a farang would get out of bed for.

Never mind, the advertisers can continue to live in their little bubble where something that costs over a million baht is considered "affordable".

:coffee1:

The one and the comma puts me off in the highly attractive price tag🤔

So a 7kWh socket for 6.5 hrs. How much is Baht in baht? Is that about 200 baht for 6.5 hrs?  So 335kms for 204 baht? Is 0.6 baht per kms. If the 335 includes AC etc. 

So one could in theory drive to Pattaya and back but not Hua Hin?

........unlimited mileage warranty on the battery for eight years.

Boy! This I gotta see!

Water cooled battery too.....

• Confused 1

Think most of us have bought cheap Chinese electrical stuff in the past...Longevity....Naaaaaaaaaaaah...😏

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Yes, there have been articles published about Tesla (grey market) here.

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

........unlimited mileage warranty on the battery for eight years.

Boy! This I gotta see!

Water cooled battery too.....

I'm guessing water-glycol coolant.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:28 AM, newnative said:

Would not consider all electric but next car might be a hybrid.

I agree for now - the charging is the issue, as I would not be able to charge the car at work. 

• Like 1