Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Thai road carnage: deaths top 7,000 this year

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Yinn said:

Really. You marry thai woman right? And stay here for 25 years? You still alive Barry?

 

Donold Trump America First

 

So how school get the teacher Barry? 

 

 

 

Maybe. Sometimes.

 

No. We know about that Barry.

 

 

Have the license test. 

 

Wrong answer Barry.

There is not the distance. The “time” is important.

Should be 4 second behind the next car. Because distance different for different speed. When you ask them about it do you speak thai or English? I think they not understand what you say.

 

Wrong Barry. Thailand have road block and motorway police. Not zero. Have “radar”ร also. Hide in the tree. They drive Honda Accord. Maybe not where you live. But have sure.

 

Photo show speed trap and highway patrol car.

 

maybe should calm it down a little bit Barry. Not everybody the safe driver, but most people are. 

 

 

 

84B8DEE8-F51A-4C5E-AB78-F1C475307B90.jpeg

 

11 - Things will never change because Thais refuse to accept the reality that they have among the most dangerous roads in the world. Without accepting that there is a problem, the problem is never going to be resolved. And that applies to so many things in Thailand, not just the lack of driving skills.

 

Do you really believe that a Thai driving license is evidence that a person can drive? Really?

 

As for teachers, the standard that they teach is abysmal and a Thai university degree - which would not be accepted elsewhere in the world - requires approximately the same education level that a 14-year-old achieves in my country, the UK. My wife studied to teach English, and the material she received from her university was full of errors. I corrected them, she presented them to her lecturers and they refused to accept that what they had written was wrong. Ignorance isn't not knowing, it's not wanting to know.

 

Such ignorance explains why no Thai has ever, in the history of the world, invented or produced anything of use to the world. Nothing. Every single thing in your daily life was invented by a foreigner. Some might mention Red Bull, which although invented by a Thai was just a local drink until the company was bought by an Austrian and marketed properly. The Thai inventor had no clue how to do it.

 

Road blocks do not prevent accidents or bad driving. Drivers drive the way they do because they know there are no consequences as there are so few patrols as to be pointless. As for speed cameras, do you really think that fining someone 200 baht will stop them doing it again?

 

You prove my point for me about braking distance, as what you write is nonsense.

I have no idea what Donald Trump has to do with anything Thai.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 9653 said:

Careful, when pointing the finger,

I make mistake s on the road too

I am happy to point the finger, when I see sheer stupidity being committed. When I am on the road I make mistakes. We all do. But, generally I am very careful, drive with eyes in the back of my head, maintain peripheral vision at all times, drive very defensively, allow plenty of room between my car, and the vehicle in front of me, allow plenty of room, when changing lanes, extend courtesy to other drivers, whenever possible, when entering a highway or main road, or making a U-turn, I allow plenty of time and distance between my car, and the ones that are approaching, and I try to avoid doing things that are dangerous, careless, reckless, thoughtless, disrespectful to other drivers, and just plain old dumb.

 

I try to maintain an awareness of how dangerous being on the road is, and drive accordingly. How many Thai men who are driving amongst us can say the same thing about their driving? What percentage? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can sum up this topic in 4 words. They’re thick as shit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:13 PM, spidermike007 said:

When I was growing up, we took drivers education courses. They showed us horrendous films, or semi trucks plowing into cars, and literally obliterating everything in their path. They also showed us graphic images of head on collisions. 120mph impacts. Even as a young kid, it made quite an impression. It was horrific, and it was hard to get those images out of your head afterwards. But, it left a lasting impression, and when I started driving, I understood it was serious business, and that it was a very dangerous thing to do.

 

I see people driving here, with their families in the car, and doing things, and taking the kinds of risks no rational or sane person with common sense would do. What for? To gain one minute? Why take those risks? What is the logic? Often, when I am cruising along at 100kph, someone cuts right in front of me. Or someone comes out from the side road, right in front of me. I have to slam on my brakes, or change lanes to avoid him. I look in my rearview mirror, and there is nobody behind me. So, if he had waited two seconds, he would have had completely safe passage onto the highway. What gives? Where is the intelligence, caution, and prudence? Where is the common sense? What about just the survival instinct? 

 

The only way to survive here on the road, is to be patient, have eyes in the back of your head, drive with caution, and always, and I mean always watch out of the other guy. Chances are, he does not have much driving skill, nor patience, nor reason, nor common sense. You cannot be too careful on the road here. Especially considering that the toy police offer no traffic safety, nor enforcement of the law. And Casper the ghost is more visible than the incredibly hapless highway patrol.

 

All of this applies even more so, if driving a motorcycle. 

Every day I took my kid to school in Hua Hin resulted in a near miss from motorcycles.

They repeatedly cut in front of you along the canal road, you have to be aware of them all the time.

On the highway the idiots keep coming from behind, tailgating, if you don't get out of the way to let them past.

They will cut in from the inside lane with the smallest gap to overtake before you if you let them.

You have to watch the rear all the time.

Then when they approach an intersection they speed up to try to beat whoever is trying to cross or u turn.

 

They do this sober or drunk, once my wifes brother sped up the car and when I asked why he is driving fast now, the answer was that my wife told him she felt a bit sick so he thought he would go faster to get home quicker, endangering children and every person in the vehicle. TIT. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

 

Such ignorance explains why no Thai has ever, in the history of the world, invented or produced anything of use to the world. Nothing. 

 

Oh Barry. Still going. Calm down na.

I too busy to answer all you questions. But will answer a few.

No invention? 5555555

Here is one little simple one you can maybe understand.

You ever invent anything Barry? Or everything you use daily life someone else invent?

 

https://www.smh.com.au/world/thai-rain-making-comes-to-qld-20100808-11q5f.html

 

 

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

Road blocks do not prevent accidents.

 

Stopping drunk and drug people doesn’t prevent accidents? 555555 Oh Barry.

 

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

You prove my point for me about braking distance, as what you write is nonsense.
 

Ok Barry. What you think? What distance? Please teach me.

 

look like other agree with me about that. 555555555

https://www.drivingtests.co.nz/roadcode-questions/car/core/when-should-you-apply-the-four-second-ru/

 

You can read Thai after 25 years. Or too difficult for you Barry?

 

You finish high school Barry?

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Every single thing in your daily life was invented by a foreigner. Some might mention Red Bull, which although invented by a Thai was just a local drink until the company was bought by an Austrian and marketed properly. The Thai inventor had no clue how to do it.

It's a knock-off from Lipo, a Japanese invention. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipovitan

 

So still at fat zero.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yinn said:

 

Oh Barry. Still going. Calm down na.

I too busy to answer all you questions. But will answer a few.

No invention? 5555555

Here is one little simple one you can maybe understand.

You ever invent anything Barry? Or everything you use daily life someone else invent?

 

https://www.smh.com.au/world/thai-rain-making-comes-to-qld-20100808-11q5f.html

 

 

 

Stopping drunk and drug people doesn’t prevent accidents? 555555 Oh Barry.

 

Ok Barry. What you think? What distance? Please teach me.

 

look like other agree with me about that. 555555555

https://www.drivingtests.co.nz/roadcode-questions/car/core/when-should-you-apply-the-four-second-ru/

 

You can read Thai after 25 years. Or too difficult for you Barry?

 

You finish high school Barry?

 

 

Okay, okay. Thais know everything about everything and are never wrong. Sorry. You haven't yet responded to another poster asking, if things are fine here, why Thailand has one of the deadliest road death tolls in the world. Perhaps you can enlighten us. Recently someone. a Thai of course, said that all the accidents were caused by us nasty aliens. What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 11:13 AM, spidermike007 said:

When I was growing up, we took drivers education courses. They showed us horrendous films, or semi trucks plowing into cars, and literally obliterating everything in their path. They also showed us graphic images of head on collisions. 120mph impacts. Even as a young kid, it made quite an impression. It was horrific, and it was hard to get those images out of your head afterwards. But, it left a lasting impression, and when I started driving, I understood it was serious business, and that it was a very dangerous thing to do.

 

I see people driving here, with their families in the car, and doing things, and taking the kinds of risks no rational or sane person with common sense would do. What for? To gain one minute? Why take those risks? What is the logic? Often, when I am cruising along at 100kph, someone cuts right in front of me. Or someone comes out from the side road, right in front of me. I have to slam on my brakes, or change lanes to avoid him. I look in my rearview mirror, and there is nobody behind me. So, if he had waited two seconds, he would have had completely safe passage onto the highway. What gives? Where is the intelligence, caution, and prudence? Where is the common sense? What about just the survival instinct? 

 

The only way to survive here on the road, is to be patient, have eyes in the back of your head, drive with caution, and always, and I mean always watch out of the other guy. Chances are, he does not have much driving skill, nor patience, nor reason, nor common sense. You cannot be too careful on the road here. Especially considering that the toy police offer no traffic safety, nor enforcement of the law. And Casper the ghost is more visible than the incredibly hapless highway patrol.

 

All of this applies even more so, if driving a motorcycle. 

 

the one that gets me is when one of these idiots tailgates me for a km or so then finally slams it around me.. only to take the next left.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

Okay, okay. Thais know everything about everything and are never wrong.

Not say that Barry. I just correct you mistake.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

Sorry.

No problem. You didn’t know.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

You haven't yet responded to another poster asking, if things are fine here, why Thailand has one of the deadliest road death tolls in the world.

 

I did Barry. Read my first one. Motorbikes is 80%. Seatbelt and drunk is also the problem.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

Perhaps you can enlighten us. Recently someone. a Thai of course, said that all the accidents were caused by us nasty aliens. What do you think?

You call yourself “nasty alien”????

 

Of course it not true. Stupid thing to say. 

You sure about that? I don’t believe. But if you tell me who said that I will believe you.

 

You not answer my question Barry.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone.

Have a lot of thred about the road death in Thailand. 

I know is big problem. 22,000 per year. 80% motorbike. And die in the pickup. Like that.

 

Many poster have their reason why Thailand have a lot of people die. And care so much. Thankyou everyone care so much about that.

 

The way some poster say about that, make you think caucasion country don’t have the problem.

 

But I check it on Wikipedia and the caucasion country more than 157,000 die last year. Terrible isn’t it?

 

Many Thai like to get the visa to go to there. But it not look safe like some people say. It dangerous also. Less than Thailand, but still the terrible problem. So many die in caucasion country? What can we do?

 

ps. I know my English is so so. I come here to train my English. My teacher recommend. It is more fun to talk to the foreigner about Thailand than reading a textbook which is boring. Please don’t “mock” that.

 

My suggestion wear seatbelt, drive the car, not drunk, not fast, not use phone, use the lights if have rain, slowly slowly.

 

Goodluck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RichardvColeman. Do you think 

Can't help but wonder if the government do nothing as they own shares in car sales plants (or funeral sales) ! The more crashes and deaths the more profit !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Drtuner

It's just darwinism. Give them all big bikes and call it the purge.

 

think spacial awareness is highly correlated with general IQ. It's the braindead blocking the aisles. Can't fix stupid.

 

 

Edited by Yinn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darkdog

Is because farang really have very little or no spatial awareness of others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Not say that Barry. I just correct you mistake.

No problem. You didn’t know.

I did Barry. Read my first one. Motorbikes is 80%. Seatbelt and drunk is also the problem.

You call yourself “nasty alien”????

 

Of course it not true. Stupid thing to say. 

You sure about that? I don’t believe. But if you tell me who said that I will believe you.

 

You not answer my question Barry.

 

 

 

I'm not taking this any further. You try to deflect from the subject (do I speak Thai, what is my level of education etc), which is that Thailand has some of the deadliest roads in the world, and all you come up with is a figure of how many died on motorcycles. Why does it matter to you how they died? Are you suggesting that as the majority were on bikes they don't matter? They shouldn't count? Many hundreds die each month. End of. Where I come from, it takes a year to reach the same number of road deaths that Thailand reaches in less than a month. Same population number in both countries. Why, and what is your country doing about it? As far as I can see, absolutely nothing as the problem is too deep rooted to remedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...