Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 August 2019 11:45
webfact

Thai road carnage: deaths top 7,000 this year

Recommended Posts

What if the insurance companies changed their policy to not pay any compensation to drivers who cause an accident, and are at fault? IDK, but I think it could make motorists drive more carefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Don't forget it's not just the thais. Some of the farangs are as bad. They think because there are no road rules here they can drive like maniacs.

How many foreigners die on the roads here? I’ll wait while you go dig up that shocking number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yinn said:

 

I don’t know anyone who ever die in a car crash.

 

Every Thai village or community,  has had people died in a RTA, yes in 4 wheels not just on two.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Yinn said:

pakistan, India, China, Nigeria, Congo, Russia, Brazil and USA have more road deaths than Thailand.

Alright and have also  much more inhabitants ;

 

Calculations are not raw but in relation to the number of inhabitants of each country;
Compare China with 1.3 billion people to Thailand with only 68 million people is like comparing a pear with a strawberry.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

like comparing a pear with a strawberry

Hahaha .. Nice line that .. may I have permission to use it in future if I need to use an original illustration of comparison .. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:
37 minutes ago, Yinn said:

pakistan, India, China, Nigeria, Congo, Russia, Brazil and USA have more road deaths than Thailand.

Alright and have also  much more inhabitants ;

 

Calculations are not raw but in relation to the number of inhabitants of each country;
Compare China with 1.3 billion people to Thailand with only 68 million people is like comparing a pear with a strawberry. 

I'm just waiting the reply, 'but you can put cream on both pears and strawberries."

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Funny, I got the impression he could be a hermit living in a cave from the way the post was written, so perhaps he doesn't know anyone who died (even in a car crash).

Oops,  just noticed, says Female in Profile avatar. :shock1:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stanleycoin said:
7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Funny, I got the impression he could be a hermit living in a cave from the way the post was written, so perhaps he doesn't know anyone who died (even in a car crash).

Oops,  just noticed, says Female in Profile avatar. :shock1:

I rest my case.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I seem to remember the last time looked at the WHO figures for road deaths by country, which quote deaths per 100,000 of population, Thailand was about 32-ish. The UK was 3.2 - 10% of Thailand's figure.

 

Even though the figures for all countries are adjusted to 100K population, Thailand and the UK have a similar-ish size country, with almost identical total population - 70 million.

 

So as you say, it should be a number one priority. The reason it will never be - no one in government gives a shit about deaths of their countrymen, they only want to know how much money they can make out of them.

Thailand is more double the size of the UK but you're right about the population. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Hahaha .. Nice line that .. may I have permission to use it in future if I need to use an original illustration of comparison .. 

You can use it ..No problem ...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did my masters degree in Thailand at a good international university and met some really great students. This Thai lady (who spoke three languages and was brilliant) summed it up about Thais and their driving habits. According to her, Thais are not taught any basic critical thinking skills during their formative years. Hence, their inability to make intelligent, rational decisions.  Sums it up quite well to me. Neighboring SEA countries do not have the same road fatalities as Thailand. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...