Rawai ramps up fight against dengue, chikungunya

snoop1130

Rawai ramps up fight against dengue, chikungunya

By The Phuket News

1561021855_1-org.jpg

The anti-dengue campaign targetted Baan Laem Phromthep in Moo 6 Rawai yesterday (June 19). Photo: Rawai Municipality

PHUKET:-- The Public Health and Environment Division of Rawai Municipality this week continued to roll out its campaign to contain the spread of dengue and chikungunya across the southern end of the island with fogging of local villages and households to help prevent disease-bearing mosquitoes from breeding.

Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos led a team to Baan Laem Promthep in Moo 6, Rawai, yesterday (19 June) to under the “Rawai together fights against haemorrhagic fever” campaign, which aims to prevent people from being infected by mosquito-borne dengue, chikungunya and Zika virus.

Health officers used fogging machines to douse mosquito-breeding areas and handed out bags of larvicidal sand granules to villagers to use around their homes to help prevent mosquitoes from breeding.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/rawai-ramps-up-fight-against-dengue-chikungya-71852.php#I5xWkCRWpsP5DI8d.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-06-20

Lived here 8 years, have had dengue twice and first time I've seen any campaign to fight this menace.... about bloody time!!!  People can get FREE 'tea bag' type packs of larvea killer (place in any still water around home) from the local govt. office... i bet most people don't know this and only found out by making my own enquiries.

Archived