Udomsuk motorcycle chief surrenders to police over deadly brawl

snoop1130

Udomsuk motorcycle chief surrenders to police over deadly brawl

By The Nation

f00ae3aaf623ff995e613e979f857456.jpeg

Wanchai Mongkhonkem

The head of a taxi-motorcycle stand surrendered to the police on Thursday over allegations that he led his stand’s members in a fatal brawl over a business conflict.

The fight broke out last Saturday near Udomsuk BTS station in Bangkok, resulting in two deaths. 

Pramuk Wichiendilokkul, 44, arrived at Bang Na Police Station in response to an arrest warrant. 

The court has issued arrest warrants for seven suspects in the case. All are now in detention. 

Pramuk is charged with colluding to kill others, unlicensed possession of guns and ammunition, unlicensed carrying of guns, firing guns without any sound reason and illegal gathering of more than 10 people for criminal purposes. 

As he walked into the police station, Pramuk wore a face mask. 

He was the last suspect to come to detention. 

Others were arrested earlier, the latest one being Wanchai Mongkhonkem who allegedly opened fire during the fight and was arrested on Wednesday night.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30371467

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-20

Now finally the authorities can arrest some bad guys, keep them in detention, prosecute them, and probably they will soon all be in jail - no bail.

Why? Because (I guess) motorcycle taxi riders are not rich. They might know some influential people but they are basically replaceable  minions. No influential person will spend time or money to save any of them.

I am sure the police will be happy to have finally a case in which they show that they care about the people and arrest the bad guys. And at the same time they can obviously ignore the influential big criminals. TiT!

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

personally, I like the idea I can bail myself out here and in my home country..

What makes you think that as a farang in Thailand, if you're facing some serious criminal charge, that they're going to be willing to grant bail even if you have the money? 

As often as not, for farangs in serious cases and even not so serious ones, it often seems that they deny bail for fear the person will leave the country.

Somehow, here, I rarely seem to hear about any farang case where the person is given bail AND has their passport confiscated instead in order to prevent leaving the country.

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What makes you think that as a farang in Thailand, if you're facing some serious criminal charge, that they're going to be willing to grant bail even if you have the money? 

As often as not, for farangs in serious cases and even not so serious ones, it often seems that they deny bail for fear the person will leave the country.

Somehow, here, I rarely seem to hear about any farang case where the person is given bail AND has their passport confiscated instead in order to prevent leaving the country.

I didn't realize that the Thais only sparingly granted bail to foreigners for any offence. Personally I would give up my passport to obtain bail and I understand why the Thais would do this for it's often a requirement in my own country. I do know bail is used in Canada unless you pose a threat. I was speaking more to the bail system for Thais rather than how it applied to me, as I tend to steer away from criminality.

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"What makes you think that as a farang in Thailand, if you're facing some serious criminal charge, that they're going to be willing to grant bail even if you have the money?"

I'll tell you what, I know from personal experience that foreigners can get bail. 

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Now finally the authorities can arrest some bad guys, keep them in detention, prosecute them, and probably they will soon all be in jail - no bail.

Why? Because (I guess) motorcycle taxi riders are not rich. They might know some influential people but they are basically replaceable  minions. No influential person will spend time or money to save any of them.

I am sure the police will be happy to have finally a case in which they show that they care about the people and arrest the bad guys. And at the same time they can obviously ignore the influential big criminals. TiT!

The head of rank is never a poor farmer but a well off person with

some connections. You cN be rest assured minions will get the max, he will get the least

1 hour ago, BestB said:

The head of rank is never a poor farmer but a well off person with

some connections. You cN be rest assured minions will get the max, he will get the least

In case you know: Is the head of them one of the motorcycle riders? Or someone who controls them?

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In case you know: Is the head of them one of the motorcycle riders? Or someone who controls them?

In this case I do not know , but usually the head is someone who buys the spot and it’s not cheap, it’s actually huge money . Then riders buy vests , ie numbers from him to be able to work from that spot . It is not limited to bike rides only , also car and long distance trips 

Archived