Thai “Village” Women Threatens to Kill Her Husband/My Friend

George36

9 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

You feel drugged and constantly like your mind has lost its clarity. Nothing is as sharp and it is annoying. Yet with these medications you can led a normal, no crazy life without all this drama. I guess for the OP's friend, the main drama is not being medicated and he will be loving the feelings of power and also more then likely the feelings of persecution that he is getting. You want to make problems, you will rant and rave and do the most stupidest things you can imagine but if HE DOES NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS ACTIONS, the OP has not got a chance in hell fixing this.  <snip>

You've defined exactly how my friend was without his meds which was why I was (selfishly) relieved when he moved away and basically blocked everyone from his life. I still hope he's OK though.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kenk24 said:

My best friend 40 years ago went through this same cycle of needing but not wanting to take his meds... which made him lethargic. I wuold hope there are better meds these days - my friend killed himself at age 30... 

Oh lord the drugs are better. When I first started taking medication 30 years ago there were only a few that worked and they were like horse tranquilizers. Now we have DNA testing to find the better suited strain of drugs we need to take. It is a light and day difference. Yes, I still get sick but the swings a low now and manageable.

I am sorry about your friend. I have lost two fellow patients in 30 years that I have know via the hospital system.

2 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

Oh lord the drugs are better. When I first started taking medication 30 years ago there were only a few that worked and they were like horse tranquilizers. Now we have DNA testing to find the better suited strain of drugs we need to take. It is a light and day difference. Yes, I still get sick but the swings a low now and manageable.

<snip>

Gratified to read that - I think my friend must have been on what you compared to "horse tranquilizers" hence his reluctance to take them.

1 minute ago, VBF said:

Gratified to read that - I think my friend must have been on what you compared to "horse tranquilizers" hence his reluctance to take them.

They were really bad back in those days. Many have been taken off the market now and I am happy to see that. The reluctance is you don't think you are sick. But when you act like the person in the OP's post and you do not see it and think others are out to get you, nothing can be done. You are either going to crash and burn (and get hospitalized) or your just going to carry on. Worst part is people take advantage of you as well. I lost a lot of money being sick, just giving cash away and not caring. The bar girl in this post will be having a field day as she will be getting everything she wants. You have a tendency to cling to people during the worst of times and you trust them and just don't care about money or the consequences/outcomes. Very sad to see.  

1 minute ago, totally thaied up said:

They were really bad back in those days. Many have been taken off the market now and I am happy to see that. The reluctance is you don't think you are sick. But when you act like the person in the OP's post and you do not see it and think others are out to get you, nothing can be done. You are either going to crash and burn (and get hospitalized) or your just going to carry on. Worst part is people take advantage of you as well. I lost a lot of money being sick, just giving cash away and not caring. The bar girl in this post will be having a field day as she will be getting everything she wants. You have a tendency to cling to people during the worst of times and you trust them and just don't care about money or the consequences/outcomes. Very sad to see.  

Precisely! 

The discussion on the effects and attributes of bipolar have really helped me.  Thanks so much.  I believe this thread can be read without having an account with TV.

Would you think it wise to send the thread link to my friend to see if he will read it?  Seeing himself on the video might jolt him into positive action??

Btw, looks like they were not successful at getting the marriage legal.  They had a marriage ceremony but were unable to get the document translated and recorded with the local government to make it legal.  That is good.

1 hour ago, George36 said:

The discussion on the effects and attributes of bipolar have really helped me.  Thanks so much.  I believe this thread can be read without having an account with TV.

Would you think it wise to send the thread link to my friend to see if he will read it?  Seeing himself on the video might jolt him into positive action??

<snip>

In order:

Yes it can

It's about the only thing you can do at this stage - don't be too surprised if your friend rants and raves at you and possibly disowns you - sadly.

14 hours ago, George36 said:

Would you think it wise to send the thread link to my friend to see if he will read it?

what exactly do you have to lose? You would truly be better off if he does not contact you again. I doubt you realize the effects on both your mental and physical health that such anti-social, awful behavior has upon you... 

1 minute ago, kenk24 said:

what exactly do you have to lose? You would truly be better off if he does not contact you again. I doubt you realize the effects on both your mental and physical health that such anti-social, awful behavior has upon you... 

I have told him of the thread.  Neither he nor his girlfriend are happy with me right now.  

If he really does have all that money, why is he with a 37 year old slapper from a beer bar in Pattaya?!

Seems like he has better options. If I were he, I would move to Bangkok, and chat up the hottest women in the 18 to 22 year old age category with the opening pick up line: "May I open up a bank account for you?"

1 hour ago, George36 said:

I have told him of the thread.  Neither he nor his girlfriend are happy with me right now.  

ok. Thats good news. If I were a psychiatrist I might think that subconsciously this thread was your way of confronting hin and deep down was your assumed way out of this relationship. 

it is not a friendship. he is too self obsessed for that. 

I would be walking away from this now. It sounds like he is what I call totally medically non-compliant for most of his life and this is the way he is going to be. Nothing will change until either he is places in a institution or something bad happens to him. I would not worry much about him. After a week or two he will have forgotten you and moved onto some other type of conspiracy story. Thus is the way it is when you are non-compliant. Just drama and more drama. Hooking up with a bar girl and just having someone also prod you on to keep you unstable (she will most likely know if he is kept unstable, the gravy train will keep spending - I had girlfriends before purposely keep me unstable so I would keep spending). 

1 hour ago, totally thaied up said:

I would be walking away from this now. It sounds like he is what I call totally medically non-compliant for most of his life and this is the way he is going to be. Nothing will change until either he is places in a institution or something bad happens to him. I would not worry much about him. After a week or two he will have forgotten you and moved onto some other type of conspiracy story. Thus is the way it is when you are non-compliant. Just drama and more drama. <snip>

Again...similarities with my friend "T" I mentioned earlier.

As many of you surmised, he has broken off contact with me and does not seem to be interested in meeting up with my wife and me when we are in Pattaya next month.  Not sure if it is because he does not want to, the gf does not want him to or he cannot get back into the country until after we are there.  She, certainly, seems to be control of him.

On a bright note, we are booked and ready for our trip to Pattaya.  Will be staying at LK the Empress again.  

Thanks again for all of the inout.  It has helped.  

9 hours ago, George36 said:

As many of you surmised, he has broken off contact with me and does not seem to be interested in meeting up with my wife and me when we are in Pattaya next month.  Not sure if it is because he does not want to, the gf does not want him to or he cannot get back into the country until after we are there.  She, certainly, seems to be control of him.

On a bright note, we are booked and ready for our trip to Pattaya.  Will be staying at LK the Empress again.  

Thanks again for all of the inout.  It has helped.  

I'm sure you were expecting that - I was one of the warners, so to speak. Well done for what you tried to do and Good Luck with YOUR life. :wai:

Archived