Letter confirming SS benefits acceptable for O-A Visa?

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of completing my application paperwork for my O-A visa from the US.  I meet the monthly requirements for income solely from my Social Security benefit and have chosen to use the income method instead of the deposit method.  

Here is my question:  I am not scheduled to receive my first benefit payment via direct deposit into my US bank until late August. I would like to have completed the visa application/approval by my departure date of August 20th.  Will the letter from Social Security be enough proof for my visa application or will they demand I show an actual payment into a bank account?

Thank you all in advance.

Where do you live in the US?     The embassy, and two other consulates that issue the Non O-A have slightly different requirements.     

I'm in the process of  readying my application for the DC embassy.    Even though it's been a pain in the butt, I think it's easier to do it this way than in thailand at this point.

• Like 1

Thank you for your responses!

I did not realize they have slightly different requirements. I am in Oakland California was planning on using the Thai embassy on Washington, DC. for no real reason, I didn't realize they had different requirements!  (I could also use the consulate in Los Angeles). 

From the Royal Thai consulate website page for Non-Immigrant O-A visas reads:

-or an income certificate with a monthly salary of not less than 65,000 baht. 

From the Thai Embassy Washington, DC:

US or Thai bank statement or evidence of adequate finance showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totaling not less than 800,000 Baht In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required

Would my notarized letter from Social Security showing monthly benefits be accepted for the LA Consulate? 

Why not use the LA Thai Consulate? I have bought several non imm o-a multi entry visas from them over the years, all via the USPS, and have always gotten good, professional service and a reasonable turnaround time of two weeks or less.

In reference to your question, I would give them a call and ask.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I emailed the help contact and left a message 4 days ago, I didn't really expect any response and I din't receive one.

Looks like I will make a trip to LA myself and submit the letter.

Thanks all for your responses.