Does "I love you" bear the same meaning to a Thai as it does to a falang?

Elizway

On 6/21/2019 at 12:53 AM, Elizway said:

Do Thais (especially the Issan variants) say I love you (in Thai/Lao of course) to each other? Does it carry the same weight? 

If they're from Issan they love money, not you. ????

Half-kidding, but generally that has been my experience. I'm sure there are exceptions.. probably...

On 6/23/2019 at 11:39 AM, BestB said:

I give you easy answer. Log onto any chat site and see profiles with looking for love, forever love, love never die and all the similar crap , then contact her and ask her out for drink or dinner and response would be “ how much you give me”

that should give you an indication of what love means to a local .

no doubt , pensioners with wife’s half their age would be quoting me and frothing how theirs is different and they met their lawyer on line 

Have you been looking in my window?? I met my gf on ThaiCupid, while she was employed at a law firm in Samut Prakan 5555. Wow

Alas she’s not half my age, 24/41 ????

2 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Have you been looking in my window?? I met my gf on ThaiCupid, while she was employed at a law firm in Samut Prakan 5555. Wow

Alas she’s not half my age, 24/41 ????

Is she also white half Chinese wealthy family?;)

On 6/21/2019 at 9:53 AM, Orton Rd said:

Only said when they want something or feel guilty about something

Thai culture feel guilty , not have loss of face. i only go village?, my darling .

Teerak ruk koun muk mar .   please buy house for me , pickup , motorcyc, etc

then i love you more . 555

8 hours ago, justin case said:

as long as the ATM is working

Your only as good as your last withdrawal. 

We dont sleep together anymore , wifey is always in the village ?.

I  lucky . 555

3 hours ago, Ulic said:

I love playing golf, I love the shirt I am wearing, I love a cold beer on a hot day. No different when I am in Thailand or Canada. :coffee1:

I was under the impression hot days in Canada are fairly rare.

For Asians in general, they have no concept of the kind of "love" that westerners put into the word, with some rare exceptions. Marriage and staying together is more of a natural thing of convenience when two people come to know each other more and more intimately.

In that way, Asians are more realistic and have no silly expectations like westerners have.

Archived