Golden David Beckham statue draws tourists to Buddhist temple in Bangkok

webfact

3 hours ago, Ramdas said:

That <deleted> was never up to his title as footballer, nothing special about him apart being an underdog <deleted>, surely I could play way better than him had they given me a chance but what do the thai know ?! Always following the flock of sheep without researching  and finding out the truth about things or <deleted> like the above mentioned ????????‍♂️

Yeah, I heard the England manager kicks himself everyday for not giving you the chance 

5 hours ago, Ramdas said:

That <deleted> was never up to his title as footballer, nothing special about him apart being an underdog <deleted>, surely I could play way better than him had they given me a chance but what do the thai know ?! Always following the flock of sheep without researching  and finding out the truth about things or <deleted> like the above mentioned ????????‍♂️

Well why didn't you?

He played, made money not only from a long football career but also modelling

I am certain he makes more money per year that most of us have ever seen

I would like to that much of a failed footballer and business person

They put threatning billbords all over saying Buddha is not for decoration, do not buy etc etc.. and here they are making a total farce with utter disrespect for a temple with Beckham's shrine ?  Next step, how about putting a giant McDonald's "M" shrine inside the temple, with free sodas to all ?

7 hours ago, Ramdas said:

Yes mate, of course you could play better than him.

The doctors say they believe you as well....

:laugh:

7 hours ago, Ramdas said:

I bet you wouldn't mind being a fiver behind him......?

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

If it's anything to do with his wife then yes

Of course. Lady Victoria had a legal dispute with Peterborough United whose nickname is The Posh. She claimed sole ownership of the name. She lost the case.

12 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

On good Buddhist principles he would not expect recompense, and would gladly give his consent I am sure.

But is he a good Buddhist, for that matter has he ever been to a Buddhist Temple

14 hours ago, ezzra said:

It only comes to re enforce that religion has becomes all about money making and enterprising in drawing the crowded in in any means available even using tacky images of bygone footballers for more revenues.. Sad really...

So true 

It is only about money 

And yes very sad indeed 

Archived