Trump says hard to believe Iranian shooting of U.S. drone was intentional

webfact

This is what Americans have to deal with.  Nevermind other problems that we have, Trump goes and creates one when there wasn't one to begin with.  How much longer do we have to deal with this incompetent idiot?

How Donald Trump created one hell of a mess with Iran

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/20/opinions/us-iran-mess-trump-endgame-bergen/index.html

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Who puts them on that path?

Everything was going in the right direction until Trump decided to undo what Obama did.

And from then on the situation gets worse and worse. Because one stupid person - Trump.

The Iranian politicians are obviously far from perfect. But let's not forget that Iran agreed to the international contract to live peacefully with each other. And all nuclear inspections in Iran confirmed that they did their part of the deal.

There is only one person to blame: Trump. And let's not forget the 62 million people who knowingly voted for that serial liar.

The same leadership took them on the path that led to breaching international commitments regarding nuclear proliferation (which later on, brought about the current agreement). The same leadership took them on a path which spelled animosity and conflict with the USA. The same leadership took them on the path which saw larger investment in regional meddling and conflicts. 

So, when you say "everything was going well", that's both questionable premise, and ignoring the point made.

Let's not forget that you're making things up, either. Iran didn't agree to any "international contract to live peacefully with each other". If anything Iran holds that its involvement in regional conflicts does not come under the scope of the agreement. And Iran didn't so much "agree" as it was "forced". Had Iran refrained from agreeing, the current standoff and followup would have happened by now.

Making it all about Trump is easy. Do you see Iranian leadership's actions in response to Trump's moves as helpful? Promoting the Iranian people's best interests? Having much to do with peace?

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

i see the TRUMP haters out in force today ha ha. at least he is looking after American interests as to immigration, not like the clowns in the UK and in fact most of Europe. just look at the photos coming from BONN the other day

The UK can't even decide where it belongs. Brexit, no Brexit. Who cares? Sick of hearing about it.

2 hours ago, TPI said:
2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Oh, I think it was believed you didn't have proof. But how could anyone quarrel with "Do you really think Iran was going to wait?" Or only a few minor doubters like these poeple.

Why Israeli Nuclear Experts Disagree with Netanyahu About the Iran Deal

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/why-israeli-nuclear-experts-disagree-with-netanyahu-about-the-iran-deal

Stop making things up.

Mr Bristolboy, why do you continually attack people when they give their "opinion"? As Homer Simpson says "give the baby it's bottle", why should you care what others opine? You hold yourself in such high regard I shouldn't think anyone's opinion would matter to you?

glad i have hobbies

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

With a name like yours would have thought you would be anti everything Trump says and does.  Strange world. ????

Why, because I am Thai? The name is because it was a name given to me by my college room mates in Texas. Apparently, they think all peppers look like Habanero's. Just shows what a Bigot you are.  

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

This is what Americans have to deal with.  Nevermind other problems that we have, Trump goes and creates one when there wasn't one to begin with.  How much longer do we have to deal with this incompetent idiot?

How Donald Trump created one hell of a mess with Iran

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/20/opinions/us-iran-mess-trump-endgame-bergen/index.html

6 more years.

25 minutes ago, Longcut said:

Why, because I am Thai? The name is because it was a name given to me by my college room mates in Texas. Apparently, they think all peppers look like Habanero's. Just shows what a Bigot you are.  

It was a joke. Lighten up. Note the smiley at the end. Sensitive fellow, aren't you? 

27 minutes ago, Longcut said:

So you're habanero.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yes Mr. president, someone by mistake, while sipping his morning coffee, lean on the launch button that fired the missile that down your dron, Trump clearly is trying to avoid retaliation and confrontation  with Iran, but the Iranian will get bolder and bolder very soon, let's see how long will Trump can hold back... 

Another report mentioned that there were commercial flights that were in that area at the time....

Most airlines have cancelled flights or rerouted away from those flight paths....

Scary to think it could have been an airliner - but not beyond being a distinct possibilty.....

38 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So you're habaner

No, I'm not Habanero. I guess you could say, she is Mr. Longcut.

As you can see, we definitely have our own opinion about certain things. 

Most of the time one of us is traveling while the other is either in Thailand or the States. 

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Do you see Iranian leadership's actions in response to Trump's moves as helpful? Promoting the Iranian people's best interests? Having much to do with peace?

Iran does not just stay back and hope it all will get better. They react to provocation - like almost everybody does.

If i.e. Israel is attack you are the first here to say they have the right to retaliation.

How about Iran? Do they have the same right? Or are they supposed to do everything Trump wants?

The USA are the warmongers. They could stop with their provocations. And if they don't stop they shouldn't be surprised that every action is followed by a reaction.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Navy Captain Bill Urban, a spokesman for the U.S. military's Central Command, said Iran's account that the drone had been flying over Iranian territory was false.

"This was an unprovoked attack on a U.S. surveillance asset in international airspace," Urban said.

Yes so what is a spy drone doing flying around a highly sensitive airspace anyway, taking holiday snaps maybe? 

I'm still trying to stop laughing over Trump saying "If we had a man in that drone it would have been different". Yes Captain bone spurs (The all American highest profile coward) it would have been different, it wouldn't have been a drone if it was manned - duh.

2 hours ago, candide said:

According to the latest bbc news, Trump prevented the army from striking back.

The only luck in this issue is that Trump is a coward. 

Yes, I've read this in a reliable German magazine.

He approved retaliatory strikes against the Iran, but stopped them later.

A typical Trump. A reaction without using the brain, what a POTUS should be able to do. His mouth is xx-times bigger than the small/tiny part in his head. People from the Dems and even from the Reps demanded deescalation. A lame duck which fails to use solid sense, when it's necessary. MAGA – what a joke.

Because a US drone has been shot dawn to start a new war?!!! The USA are already „very experienced“ to start new wars, as proven in Vietnam and Iraq.

Thankfully there have been some reasonable people with sharp intellect to stop him.

30 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Yes so what is a spy drone doing flying around a highly sensitive airspace anyway, taking holiday snaps maybe? 

I'm still trying to stop laughing over Trump saying "If we had a man in that drone it would have been different". Yes Captain bone spurs (The all American highest profile coward) it would have been different, it wouldn't have been a drone if it was manned - duh.

Was  the great fighter Ali a coward,they both didn't participate during the conflict

1 hour ago, Longcut said:

Wait. You just wrote a reply that was a reply to habanero. And you say that name was given to you by roommates in Texas. But you're posting the reply under the ID, Longcut. Are you habanero or Longcut or both?

36 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Iran does not just stay back and hope it all will get better. They react to provocation - like almost everybody does.

If i.e. Israel is attack you are the first here to say they have the right to retaliation.

How about Iran? Do they have the same right? Or are they supposed to do everything Trump wants?

The USA are the warmongers. They could stop with their provocations. And if they don't stop they shouldn't be surprised that every action is followed by a reaction.

Yeah, wasn't really expecting much by way of an informed, or reasoned comment on my post. Thanks.

There wasn't anything said about "just stay back and hope it all will get better". That's something you added. On top of which, it completely ignores the fact that policies taken by Iran's leadership contributed to the circumstances it's in. Guess that in your book, there are no Iranian provocations. No wrongdoing. Just responses to others. One could almost believe Iranian policy to be inherently passive.

Was there anything about "do everything Trump wants"? Was there anything said about Iran's territorial rights? No on both counts, but doesn't stop you from posting as if it was.

14 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Trump reportedly approves military strikes on Iran — then abruptly pulls back

Looks like he at least knows when to pull out...

Looks like the Chinese/Russian/Iranian alliance has played Trump for a Chump. They had to know he couldn't retaliate and risk yet another war. But now he also looks weak. He'll go into the G-20 looking like, what is that word, a "loser."

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe the Iranians should reply that it's hard to believe why anybody voted for an idiot for president.

8 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Have you seen the guys the Iranians vote for?

Yes, and I'd vote Rouhani over Trump a thousand times over.

15 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Wait. You just wrote a reply that was a reply to habanero. And you say that name was given to you by roommates in Texas. But you're posting the reply under the ID, Longcut. Are you habanero or Longcut or both?

I guess I will have to make sure to check who logged on last. Normally we don't share the same laptop or computer. I can see where it could get confusing. 

We try to stick with our own opinions. Sometimes it's hard since between us, we have more than 50 years working for the United States Government and Department of Defense.

One of the reasons we chuckle at the so called experts on TVF. 

Keep it up, we and our friends find it most amusing.

5 hours ago, TPI said:

Mr Bristolboy, why do you continually attack people when they give their "opinion"? As Homer Simpson says "give the baby it's bottle", why should you care what others opine? You hold yourself in such high regard I shouldn't think anyone's opinion would matter to you?

Silly me... I thought forum's were designed for dumping on other people's opinions...

8 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Have you seen the guys the Iranians vote for?

Iranians had voted for Hassan Rouhani as president of Iran and who led the negotiations on Obama's nuclear deal. Compared to Trump, he is a real stable genius.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

"We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you, it would have made a big, big difference"

Good thing this drone was unmanned, otherwise we would be kicking their ass.  :cheesy::cheesy:

Does this moron even know what   "drone" means

Archived