Trump says hard to believe Iranian shooting of U.S. drone was intentional

webfact

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

Good thing this drone was unmanned, otherwise we would be kicking their ass.  :cheesy::cheesy:

Does this moron even know what   "drone" means

You are clearly mistaken the shooters are the morons.Is a figure of speech more controversial than the act of aggression  

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Yes, and I'd vote Rouhani over Trump a thousand times over.

27 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Iranians had voted for Hassan Rouhani as president of Iran and who led the negotiations on Obama's nuclear deal. Compared to Trump, he is a real stable genius.

Theocracy or idiocracy. Them choices.

14 minutes ago, riclag said:

You are clearly mistaken the shooters are the morons.Is a figure of speech more controversial than the act of aggression  

Your president does not know what a drone is, and clearly you don't know the difference between ignorance  and a "figure of speech"

Drone: A remotely controlled unmanned aircraft.   

51 minutes ago, habanero said:

...we have more than 50 years working for the United States Government and Department of Defense.

One of the reasons we chuckle at the so called experts on TVF. Keep it up, we and our friends find it most amusing.

Its OK. We understand.

We find the US govt and DoD amusing as well!! ????????

24 minutes ago, riclag said:

Well... the GOP and 45 seem to think the "figure of speech" AOC used to describe the southern detention camps is more controversial than the acts of aggression going on inside them...

3 hours ago, riclag said:

Was  the great fighter Ali a coward,they both didn't participate during the conflict

Ali did it honestly and openly.  Only a supreme court decision saved him from prison. Couldn't practice his profession for 4 years. What sacrifice did Trump make?

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe the Iranians should reply that it's hard to believe why anybody voted for an idiot for president.

The Iranians already know the answer to that - they saw the quality of the other choice!

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

The Iranians already know the answer to that - they saw the quality of the other choice!

Can you imagine if that other choice had been elected? She probablly would have done something really stupid like withdrawing from the nuclear agreement signed by all the major world powers and Iran. An agreement that virtually all intelligence sources agreed was working. Then to make it worse she would have used America's leverage in the world financial system to make it impossible to do business with Iran. And finally, having put immense pressure on Iran, she would have sent a flotilla to the Persian Gulf where one incident could ignite a major conflict. Lucky for the world she wasn't elected.

Anybody listen between the lines? The NSA/CIA agencies intercepted a phone conversation between the over enthusiastic guy who shot at the drone and his superiors superiors. I too believe an Iranian over stepped his bounds, was not state sponsored shootdown.

12 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Anybody listen between the lines? The NSA/CIA agencies intercepted a phone conversation between the over enthusiastic guy who shot at the drone and his superiors superiors. I too believe an Iranian over stepped his bounds, was not state sponsored shootdown.

Got a source for that? I mean apart from the blank spaces between lines. And the blank space between Donald Trump's ears.

• Lt. General Joseph Guastella, Commander of US Air Forces Central Command, called Iran's claim "categorically false," adding that "the aircraft was over the Strait of Hormuz, and fell into international waters."

It's meaningless of where the drone crashed. Being over the Strait of Hormuz is also meaningless as the Strait reaches the Iranian shores. This statement sounds more like a politically crafted one where some facts are used to distort the truth.

• The Pentagon released a map showing exactly where they say the aircraft was shot down.

Drone routes are tracked on a PC screen. Unless the "map" was a screenshot, it's debatable where a "map" indicates where the drone was struck that might not be the same as where is was "shot down."

I would also question the use of a drone in the first place if all it's doing is allegedly flying in international airspace. The U.S. has hundreds of manned aircraft capable of doing so as well as ships to spy on the Iranian coastline without entering Iranian sovereign territory. Use of a drone so close to Iran when tensions are high looks more like a "sacrificial lamb" being used to trigger a direct hostile Iranian response. 

15 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

If it was a mistake, i'm sure the Iranians will offer to pay for the lost drone. Not happening; I wonder why?

if memory serve USA never offered compensation

after they shot down an iranian airliner 655 with 290 civilians

including 66 children, none survived

As I said before both the Iranians and Trump could be right.  The drone could have been 9 miles off the coast when Iran detedtedit and fired the missle.  Once the missile was fired the US detected the missile launch and the drone wasturned hard left with maximum power applied.  It only had to travel 3 miles to be in international airspace.  At 500 miles per hour that takes about 20 seconds.  The missile had to travel 20 miles.  So when the drone was actually shot down it could have been in international airspace.  But it's curious that Iran seems to have recovered pieces of the drone and have them on display, why doesn't the us Have pieces on display or was it actually in Iranian airspace when it was shot down and the wreckage is in Iranian waters.

John Bolton must have had to stop at the pharmacy on the way home last night to buy a pack of adult diapers and have his Valium prescription refilled.  when trump ordered the airstrike he must have pissed his pants in joy but when trump terminated the mission 10 minutes before it reached it's target he most likely shit his pants!

7 hours ago, mikebike said:

Well... the GOP and 45 seem to think the "figure of speech" AOC used to describe the southern detention camps is more controversial than the acts of aggression going on inside them...

It's not my GOP! I'm a Independent! I declare no political party! I'm just a supporter of change

31 minutes ago, wayned said:

As I said before both the Iranians and Trump could be right.  The drone could have been 9 miles off the coast when Iran detedtedit and fired the missle.  Once the missile was fired the US detected the missile launch and the drone wasturned hard left with maximum power applied.  It only had to travel 3 miles to be in international airspace.  At 500 miles per hour that takes about 20 seconds.  The missile had to travel 20 miles.  So when the drone was actually shot down it could have been in international airspace.  But it's curious that Iran seems to have recovered pieces of the drone and have them on display, why doesn't the us Have pieces on display or was it actually in Iranian airspace when it was shot down and the wreckage is in Iranian waters.

John Bolton must have had to stop at the pharmacy on the way home last night to buy a pack of adult diapers and have his Valium prescription refilled.  when trump ordered the airstrike he must have pissed his pants in joy but when trump terminated the mission 10 minutes before it reached it's target he most likely shit his pants!

Your opinion I suppose! 

Give Trump some credit where it is due. 

Not my favorite but his statements today seem to be defusing a potentially long and costly war, one that has no benefits except for oil tycoons and their rich buddies. 

2 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

BS.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

It was unclear how the United States might respond

By all account's Iran was within minutes of getting a big slap with U S planes loaded and locked on their carriers waiting for the word but the Prez' called it off at the last mo' when told of a possible casualty toll of 150 according to the latest news report .. 

1 hour ago, meand said:

Give Trump some credit where it is due. 

Not my favorite but his statements today seem to be defusing a potentially long and costly war, one that has no benefits except for oil tycoons and their rich buddies. 

word!

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of shady plan to goad him into starting a war....so his rivals can then throw stones at him along with the rest of their media butt buddies...all the way into 2020.

He should pull out of all talks with Iran and keep them at an arm's length till he wins in 2020...then bring on the heavy artillery.

"after the election, I'll have more flexibility" (to kick some Iranian ass) ????

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe the Iranians should reply that it's hard to believe why anybody voted for an idiot for president.

But the Iranians didnt have a choice???? and  will be stuck with their religious claptrap forever.

Iran's going to pull out all the stops now to get to breakout. Once they demo a mushroom cloud on one of their many deserts the US will have to sue to negotiate.

Because both Riyadh and Tel Aviv are a couple of minutes away on the back of a mid-range missile. And Iran already has those.

And the CIA will be opening every Fedex package from Pyongyang to Teheran in the near future because NK surely won't mind a 2nd front to open against the US. Kim must be getting tired of all his foreign trips ending with him sitting across the table from a tall morbidly obese Yank.

Archived