Tourist Police nab Slovakian man for working illegally and overstay

webfact

Tourist Police nab Slovakian man for working illegally and overstay

1.jpg

Picture: 77Jowo

Tourist Police on Koh Phangan have arrested a Slovakian man who was found to be running a business illegally. He was also found to have overstayed his visa.

Thirty eight year old Tomas Kroka was arrested following a raid on Gaia Nature Spa at 10pm on Thursday.

2.jpg

Picture: 77Jowo

Mr Kroka was unable to show police the correct permits for operating a spa business in Thailand. When police asked to see his passport he was found  to have overstayed in Thailand by 28 days.

77 Jowo reported that he has been charged with operating a business without permission, overstay and engaging in work outside of what is permitted.

He is being held at Koh Phangan Police Station.

Police said they raided the spa after receiving a tip off it was being run illegally.

Source: 77Jowo

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-21

39 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police said they raided the spa after receiving a tip off it was being run illegally.

The police relying on tip offs again.

I would have thought immigration's all-new-all-singing-all-dancing database would have allowed them to 'pounce' as soon as he went into one day overstay, never mind twenty-eight days.

The tip off was regarding an illegally run business, not an overstaying 'two-legs-bad' foreigner.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Mr Kroka was unable to show police the correct permits for operating a spa business in Thailand. When police asked to see his passport he was found  to have overstayed in Thailand by 28 days.

Just another loser.

16 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Currently, not a good idea for any farang to mess around in any of the mafia owned and run, "koh's".... the Slovak should have known better.

The psuedo "mafia" has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Immigration and tourist police are checking for work permits, illegal businesses, and visa overstays. GOOD for them! These leeches just make things more difficult for those of us who follow the rules by putting everyone under increased government scrutiny.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

L.O.S.  Land of Snitches!  I wonder if they get paid, like those snitching on the motorcycles parked on the pavement in Bangkok. 

Must be easy to get into the police force here; it's not like a degree in common sense will be a requirement.

22 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

Must be easy to get into the police force here; it's not like a degree in common sense will be a requirement.

Not too easy, they'll need to put up a chunk of money, whatever degree you have.

42 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Not too easy, they'll need to put up a chunk of money, whatever degree you have.

You're quite right.  I didn't mention the money because it's common knowledge.  However, the big money is for the sought-after posts; a bit like local elections - the winner is the biggest contributor to the government coffers.  I have an in-law who used to be a local councillor in her home town, and she is seriously minted.

1 hour ago, Moti24 said:

L.O.S.  Land of Snitches!  I wonder if they get paid, like those snitching on the motorcycles parked on the pavement in Bangkok. 

Depends on what Rank you would like to start

23 hours ago, webfact said:

If you work – or do anything else that might be illegal – keep extremely low profile under the radar, and never interfere with some business that Thais already do.

On 6/21/2019 at 3:33 PM, bluesofa said:

The police relying on tip offs again.

I would have thought immigration's all-new-all-singing-all-dancing database would have allowed them to 'pounce' as soon as he went into one day overstay, never mind twenty-eight days.

The tip off was regarding an illegally run business, not an overstaying 'two-legs-bad' foreigner.

From experience, and purely as a comparison, the UK authorities don't seem capable of pouncing as a result of their data bases. Nor do they seem to bother with tip offs to their report line!

At least the authorities here are making an effort to catch illegal immigrants or those working illegally.

8 hours ago, KPG59 said:

The psuedo "mafia" has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Immigration and tourist police are checking for work permits, illegal businesses, and visa overstays. GOOD for them! These leeches just make things more difficult for those of us who follow the rules by putting everyone under increased government scrutiny.

well, good for you if you see it that way. enjoy the weekend

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

From experience, and purely as a comparison, the UK authorities don't seem capable of pouncing as a result of their data bases. Nor do they seem to bother with tip offs to their report line!

At least the authorities here are making an effort to catch illegal immigrants or those working illegally.

UK is behind the times when compared to Thailand's effective response in nabbing illegal immigrants. ID card helps, sadly UK is still embracing the square wheel, where the country has become a criminals paradise. Hell, they can't even afford a proper police force, and they call it a 1st world country?

Why isn't a simple daily or weekly data base query run that outputs all foreigners that at least according to the data in the data base have now exceeded their stays?  I mean it is just about as simple a thing any database, even a simple excel worksheet could produce.  Then the officials would have a list, probably fairly large and in any given day could much more efficiently go and find the over stayers.  Now, no doubt some may not be at their reported addresses, but I think it would be better than just randomly checking and taking pot shots 

22 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Why isn't a simple daily or weekly data base query run that outputs all foreigners that at least according to the data in the data base have now exceeded their stays?  I mean it is just about as simple a thing any database, even a simple excel worksheet could produce.  Then the officials would have a list, probably fairly large and in any given day could much more efficiently go and find the over stayers.  Now, no doubt some may not be at their reported addresses, but I think it would be better than just randomly checking and taking pot shots 

The most important thing you've missed: We're in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 10:12 AM, the guest said:

UK is behind the times when compared to Thailand's effective response in nabbing illegal immigrants. ID card helps, sadly UK is still embracing the square wheel, where the country has become a criminals paradise. Hell, they can't even afford a proper police force, and they call it a 1st world country?

UK does check work places routinely for illegal workers. The problem in the UK is if they nab you, they will ask for your passport and if you cannot provide  a passport, they cant deport you. They cant detain you also for the first offense. Many illegals will throw their passport as soon as they successfully enter UK. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I hired a new cleaner and it took her 12 hours to clean my house, It turns out she was a Slovak

When was it the last time hou had your house cleaned? 

3 minutes ago, Opl said:
4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I hired a new cleaner and it took her 12 hours to clean my house, It turns out she was a Slovak

When was it the last time hou had your house cleaned? 

Well it must have been some time since 1993. At least before then it would have been easier to Czech if she was a Slovak.

On 6/22/2019 at 3:39 PM, Baerboxer said:

not incapable,just too busy chasing up online racism and unpolitically correct comments so much so they dont have time to hunt perpetrators of knife crime.

Archived