Blacklisted Chinese and Bangladeshi arrested in Phuket

webfact

I wonder how much money Thai immigration spends on the design and production of graphics to use for the media dog-and-pony show like the one below.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to simply unceremoniously arrest these guys, toss them into IDP, and deport them?  Instead they seem to thrive ob media side-shows of carnivalesque proportions.  It's mind-boggling actually. Thailand's media feeds on the xenophobia and hatred of 'evil' foreigners. Can you see the US, France, or UK doing this for every foreigner who jumps their borders? First they would need literally tens of thousands of these graphics - and then the outcry of outrage???
download.jpeg.04bfd4423c39ac128a5f53fe90719b80.jpeg  

14 minutes ago, connda said:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to simply unceremoniously arrest these guys, toss them into IDP, and deport them?

Of course it would be cheaper. I think they do it because they think of all the Thai Visa members who need this threads to pass the time at home instead of outside activities, so they can safe up the 800k to stay in Thailand. It's all part of the service for us falangs. ????

Just got to love the graphic arts and Powerpoint stuff, like to know if there is an RTP section that produces this stuff, or do they outsource it; maybe it's the chief's brother in-law's backyard business...5555

18 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I don't know of any nation on earth who create such theater around immigration

I do. Hint: Mexico is on its southern border, Canada is on its northern border. Give up?... More theater than you can ever imagine until you either watch the local news there or try shopping at a local mall called Mall of America in the little town of San Ysidro (pronounced San E See Dro) just before you cross the border.

If you miss the exit on the freeway the next stop is Mexico. Yep you will cross the border, no choice. Huge signs more than 1 mile back alerting you to the fact that San Ysidro is the last exit in America. It can take up to 5 hours to get back across plus the possible ticket from the Border Parol and the possibility of a second the Highway Patrol could give you.

Try to get out of the ticket by saying you didn't see the signs, then the Highway Patrol will want to know if you can't read English or Spanish. The signs are in both languages. So yes there are other countries as bad.

image.png.888791ee27bfd8597b93b5b6c51348e1.png

23 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Seriously, do they need to parade this stuff ? Yes, they have broken the law (and given they are Chinese will probably not have done any prison time) but it doesn't need a big song and dance about it. I don't know of any nation on earth who create such theater around immigration

Cough cough USA cough

9 hours ago, helloagain said:

Cane them like in Singapore they will never come back for more

Thailand is becoming more like Singapore, more regs, screwed down tight and more expensive.

How do they ban someone for 100 years when he won't live that long? Guess they thought they had nothing more to lose by coming back. How about a 200 year ban? :cheesy:

34 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Thailand is becoming more like Singapore, more regs, screwed down tight and more expensive.

How do they ban someone for 100 years when he won't live that long? Guess they thought they had nothing more to lose by coming back. How about a 200 year ban? :cheesy:

For maximum effect, Why not just make it a

One....

Million....

Year....

Ban!

Image result for one million dollars

On 6/21/2019 at 9:23 AM, webfact said:

The Chinese man, Xie Daijiang, whose former name was Xie Dajiang,

Hahaha .. Yeah the old remove or substitute a letter trick .. Works for me everytime an' I dont even try it on cos' when you've gotta a name that is but one letter different for someone who fits glass to someone who eats grass its easy peasy .. 

IMG_20190622_130243.jpg

On 6/21/2019 at 7:07 PM, snoop1130 said:

Two men already blacklisted from entering Thailand for 100 years, caught again in Phuket

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1561108690_1-org.jpg

The arreest of the two men, one Chinese and the other a Bangladesh national, was announced this morning (June 21). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- Two men who had both previously been deported and blacklisted from entering Thailand for 100 years have been caught again after they were found to have re-entered the country using new passports issued in new names.

Chinese national Xie Dajiang was arrested, charged and deported in 2013 after it was found that he had entered Thailand on a fake passport, using the passport number G44117608, Phuket Immigration Chief Col Kathathorn Kumthieng told a press conference held at the Phuket Immigration Office this morning (June 21).

Present to lead the press conference was Pol Maj Gen Jessada Yaisoon, who heads Immigration Police Region 6.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/two-men-already-blacklisted-from-entering-thailand-for-100-years-caught-again-in-phuket-71868.php#dm37bkEHJpf1U4iZ.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-06-21

As I have been saying for years, Biometrics will fix that and I are last introducing them. Otherwise they would've been back in a month with another passport

1 hour ago, The Deerhunter said:

As I have been saying for years, Biometrics will fix that and I are last introducing them. Otherwise they would've been back in a month with another passport

Interesting about biometrics. And Chinese. Without any intention of making racist or insulting remarks, if there are so many of them, and so many of similar appearance, is the technology really that good?

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

Interesting about biometrics. And Chinese. Without any intention of making racist or insulting remarks, if there are so many of them, and so many of similar appearance, is the technology really that good?

Well, being Thailand, the Machinery will probably be made in China anyway. And we all look the same to them too.

On 6/21/2019 at 7:17 PM, Chelseafan said:

Seriously, do they need to parade this stuff ? Yes, they have broken the law (and given they are Chinese will probably not have done any prison time) but it doesn't need a big song and dance about it. I don't know of any nation on earth who create such theater around immigration

Plenty of fake news fills up the news channels and " could " be used to hide other news 

they do have an excuse perhaps, the Thai year is 2562, for the rest of the civilised world its 2019, I presume China is the same, by that reckoning they might think they have served their 100 year ban already. that 543 years is confusing if you only have an Abacus to calculate on. Savvy

Archived