Helmet Law

toybits

In front of Nimseesaeng Hotel going into town, I was over taken by a Honda CBR 150. He was burning rubber when a pick-up truck cut right in front of him. The biker did not have time to brake and the pick-up driver apparently did not see the biker. So two car Krum!!! (so they collided!!!).

The biker laid sprawled on the pavement but later was able to stand and assess damage to his bike. Pick up driver apparently admitted fault. Fortunately for this biker, he wore a crash helmet. Things might not have been the same had he worned a mickey mouse helmet or if he had not fastened his helmet properly.

By the way, why do motorbike drivers start removing their helmets after 5 p.m.? Cops turn a blind eye as well. This one really escapes me.

In front of Nimseesaeng Hotel going into town, I was over taken by a Honda CBR 150. He was burning rubber when a pick-up truck cut right in front of him. The biker did not have time to brake and the pick-up driver apparently did not see the biker. So two car Krum!!! (so they collided!!!).

The biker laid sprawled on the pavement but later was able to stand and assess damage to his bike. Pick up driver apparently admitted fault. Fortunately for this biker, he wore a crash helmet. Things might not have been the same had he worned a mickey mouse helmet or if he had not fastened his helmet properly.

By the way, why do motorbike drivers start removing their helmets after 5 p.m.? Cops turn a blind eye as well. This one really escapes me.

Easy, cops less likely to stop you after 5 pm shift changes

But 5 pm is like the witching hour and it seems that no arrests are done after five pm. This is really dangerous because this also happens to be one of the busiest hours of the day. Couple that with motor bikers having a few before heading home - They just might not reach home.

One of the worst intersections was or is See Yaek Clinic Moh Phira in front of the new cram school called the Brain. Fortunately, that intersection is near the Government Hospital. Accidents happen at that intersection almost everyday when during that time when the traffic management bureau shut down the traffic light after 9 pm.

Easy, cops less likely to stop you after 5 pm shift changes