Fine for not doing 90 days (90 day report lunacy)

7 hours ago, Rally123 said:

Why doesn't the OP contact the 'Help Line 1178' and get their view on the matter. Any advice on here isn't gonna help you, other than mine. Get proper advice now if you think you've been badly done by. Don't forget to ask for the name of the person on the 'Help Line 1178' who advised you. 

Peuple seen scared to use that number, no idea why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Peuple seen scared to use that number, no idea why.

'Peuple' shouldn't be, although I do get my missus to phone. The people are apparently very friendly and upfront. Just to make sure my wife gets the correct advice she'll wait and phone back later and ask the same question to a different operative to ensure the first one was honest. As we all know Thais are not always honest with the truth. chitown.gif

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I was trying to work out why not just go to your immigration office .

Mines a 10 minute drive and 5 minutes tops for the stamp.

Then i remembered why i moved from Bangkok.

I would certainly use online report if i lived there trafic is s total nightmare .

I had to pay the THB 2000 fine once (for being 1 day late past the grace period). Paperwork and cash receipt had to be signed off by bigger boss, too, so I had to wait for an extra half hour. On top of that, the notation of being late and having the fine levied got stamped in my passport, using up an entire page. I have a feeling that being late multiple times will have the potential for serious negative consequences down the line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/22/2019 at 8:47 AM, Solinvictus said:

I used to never do my 90 day reports. I just paid 2000 THB and it was fine. However, as of late it seems they are more serious about this. I myself figured just to pay 2000, instead of making the trip down there.. ha lazy I guess. I wont be doing it anymore though as 5k isnt as convenient as 2k.

just go sign in a week before your date its as simple as that...I nver have any problems at Jomtien I O.....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Maestro said:

Where does it say that, unless otherwise stipulated in a law, sentencing for a contravention of that law is done by a judge, respectively by a court of law?

In section 38.

In all offenses under this Act, except the provisions of Section 62 Para.1 Section 63 , 64, 71 and 82 Para.2. The settlement Commission ,consisting of the Police Department’s Director General or Representative, the Public Prosecution Department’s Director General or Representative, and the Immigration Division’s Commander or Representative, as the, members shall have the authority to assign duty of settlement to the Inquiry Official or the competent official by fixing a settlement rule or any conditions as the Settlement Commission my deem proper.
When the offender has paid the fine as stipulate, the case shall be deemed settled under the Criminal Procedure Code.

That empowers the IO to enforce fines for Immigration infringements up to the maximum fine permissible under the relevant penalty clauses of the Act. On the spot fines, in other words.

The same applies for minor traffic violations. (Different Act).

21 hours ago, Maestro said:

I'm afraid I don't have the answer, but if any Tom, Dick or Harry walked up to me and told me that he is giving me a fine for whatever, I would just walk away from him.

Your choice, but that's not going to help the situation.

Let's stay on topic with not filing a 90 day report. 

You've committed an offence, how do you argue the punishment of a fine.

At some further point in time, you'll require a further service from Immigration and until such fine is paid, any further services will be suspended.

The issue is the inconsistency with such fines and the method of settlement.

The maximum fine is up 5,000 baht, but rarely imposed.

Most offices set a limit of 2,000 baht.

Would you like to pay 2,000 baht with a receipt, or 800 baht without a receipt is usually the only choice.

Welcome to LOS (Land of Scams).

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Confused 1

On 6/22/2019 at 4:31 AM, bkk23234 said:

What is the fine for failing to do 90 day report?

First time in 6 years late with my 90 day.I was 10 days late this month. Fined 2000 baht. And I got a stamp in my passport that took up half a page.

See so many Facebook posts on "criminal" acts on the road and they are fined 500 baht.

Edited by Dazinoz

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The maximum fine is up 5,000 baht, but rarely imposed.

Most offices set a limit of 2,000 baht.

Would you like to pay 2,000 baht with a receipt, or 800 baht without a receipt is usually the only choice.

"...pay 2,000 baht with a receipt, or 800 baht without a receipt is usually the only choice".

Where does that happen?

Edited by Just Weird

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:31 AM, bkk23234 said:

Now out of time to do online and I'm not going to immigration to do this - what is the fine and can I just pay the fine when do next extension, had enough of this nonsense.

To pay the fine you'll still have to go to Immigration, next time if not this time.

I've been doing the 90 day online reporting since its inception (a year or two ago?). Only issue has been the system being down (often). Wait a day or two and it works. Very simple and straight forward. I get the approval, print the form and put it in my passport after removing the old one. For me it has been quite simple and straight forward. Just now getting started on the TM30 as I've just found out about it thanks to thaivisa.com. I've done the house registration online and now waiting for the approval, which they say may take up to 7 business days. Following that approval I'll register myself in the house. Since the law just went into effect on March 28, 2019, logically, I should not be subject to the fine as my last entry into Thailand was some three years ago. But I'm confident "Logic" will not prevail.  ????

18 minutes ago, paulbrow said:

Just now getting started on the TM30 as I've just found out about it thanks to thaivisa.com. I've done the house registration online and now waiting for the approval, which they say may take up to 7 business days. Following that approval I'll register myself in the house. Since the law just went into effect on March 28, 2019,

The law on TM30 requirements went into effect in 1979.

Section 38 of the Immigration Act.

It just hasn't been enforced until recently at some IO's.

I have no idea which law you are referring to that became active 28/3/19.

40 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The law on TM30 requirements went into effect in 1979.

Section 38 of the Immigration Act.

It just hasn't been enforced until recently at some IO's.

I have no idea which law you are referring to that became active 28/3/19.

https://www.dejudomlaw.com/asean-today-march-2019/ scroll down to the Thailand Legal Review section. That's where I got it. Downloaded from this site. I've lived here since 1994 and this is the first time I've heard of the TM30.

Edited by paulbrow
more info

24 minutes ago, paulbrow said:

https://www.dejudomlaw.com/asean-today-march-2019/ scroll down to the Thailand Legal Review section. That's where I got it. Downloaded from this site. I've lived here since 1994 and this is the first time I've heard of the TM30.

That was not a law. It states regulation but actually it is a new requirement put out by Chaeng Wattana immigration and only applies there.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That was not a law. It states regulation but actually it is a new requirement put out by Chaeng Wattana immigration and only applies there.

Pardon me for believing what I read... " new regulations regarding the Notification of Residence of Foreigners (TM30) that went into immediate effect on March 28, 2019 ". My mistake. My only point in the entire post was that the online systems seem to work for me.

Edited by paulbrow
additional info

34 minutes ago, paulbrow said:

That's just a news article advising Chang Wattana are enforcing TM30 filing from 28th March 2019.

It may be a new regulation as far as CW are concerned, but the requirement has been written in law since 1979.

Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) en - immigration.pdf

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

The method of notification is a TM30.

Some offices still don't enforce the requirement in law, whilst others have been enforcing it for a number of years. TIT.

Edited by Tanoshi

5 minutes ago, paulbrow said:

Pardon me for believing what I read... " new regulations regarding the Notification of Residence of Foreigners (TM30) that went into immediate effect on March 28, 2019 ". My mistake.

A 'regulation' isn't law, it's a rule or directive made and maintained by an authority.