30 baht to the pound on the horizon !

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Sorry , but that is such a myth. I have sold three properties here now, all sold within a month for a good price.

However, many do struggle to sell their houses because they don't know how to present them to the seller and they over

price what they are selling. All the places I have sold have looked as good as or better than new. When people come to look everything is sparkling clean with no rubbish or personal items to be seen. Like a high class hotel room in other words. As for the price....research and realism is the key.

If your house looks like a pigsty and you expect people to pay top dollar for it ......................good luck.....you'll need it.

Agree. Just sold my house within a month whilst others in our village have been on sale for years. Realistic price, cooled before visitors arrive, well lit and immaculately presented. Someone said it looked like a show house. He meant it as a complaint but that is what sells.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I think that 25  Baht / Pound is a real possibility if we get BoJo as Pm.

The man is a walking disaster area.

But... probably fully elected by British law.

5 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Only if you can sell it. Thai people don't, or rarely, buy second hand, you certainly wont get what you paid for it, maybe half if lucky

So nobody ever made a profile selling property here? I’m obviously just a big fat liar then.

2 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

The week before the Brexit referendum my pension came in at 54.7 baht.

Yesterdsy I got 39.4.

Brexit is a total disaster for Britain expats, surely no one can deny that.

There are a million reasons why it’s a disaster and the leavers still only believe the lies they’re still being peddled 

Guys, just live with it and stop whining. Its the same here as in the German Forums. The EURO goes down the drain too...so does the USDollar. The only Currency still stable is the Swiss Frank and the Singapor Dollar, still the same like 20 years ago to the cent ????
I dont take Euros or US since years anymore. OUR (Thai) Economy is strong, even if you are badtalking it sometimes and even if there are a lot of things to do to make it even better....and there are a lot...like customer service for example, a word that Thais just dont know.

EUROPE IS DEAD - Long live Asia!!!  
Look at your countries and tell me I am wrong please!

btw, its funny the Brits arguing about the Pound...are they not the ones wanted to leave the European Union and do their own thing? 21st century ..HELLOOOOoooo???

The last Exchange rate for the German Mark was 24.48 Baht, so usually we should get 50.Baht for the Euro...we did 10 years ago, since this looser currency has lost 30% but the best thing is, ppl in Europe dont know about it.
Its just the receipt if you print and print and print money, like the US boys do

6 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

You’re wrong...thank you

and btw, I am personally still belive SOMEONE should fix a huge engine on your Island and ship you off to your BIG BROTHER in the USA ...you belong their anyways more than you ever belonged to EUROPE ... Europe will show you how much they need you.
:
Leave us the better British, the Scots, the Welsh and the Irish - CHEERS

3 hours ago, dennnis said:

Meanwhile, the UK leaves the EU with a modified deal, the pound strengthens and the economists start whinging about damage to exports.

Far from likely Boris.

31 Oct: Boris leads the UK out of the EU.

begin Nov: new referendum in Scotland: Stays into the EU. Northern Ireland decides to do the same. DUP loses in all baronies ( sorry: constituencies) 

Dec: Trump offers E+W a greatest ever trade deal, beyond any imagination, thanks to superb English negotiations. Free trade, and no food safety regulations anymore as under the dictatorship op the EU. No English minister or Councillor in the new trade board, as they had in the EU.

Jan: the English + Welsh discover, being alone in this harsh world costs a lot more, as all, what was done together inside the EU, the "leavers" have to pay themselves.

Feb: Brazil, South Africa, India, China, Russia prove NOT to be the heaven on earth for the too expensive British Industrial output. And for Agricultural products.. no use.

March: Trade Mission to Belize comes back with a big export order: 25 cars, two lorries and.. 500 kg of Welsh lamb.

April: E + W tourists want to cross to Mediterranean Europe, but.. face a veto of Ireland and Scotland: All MUST have a Schengen visa. Stong pressure of Pt, Es, Fr, Gr and It to accept for this summer till 31 Oct.

May: Boris insists to speak to the EU parliament, but is refused entrance, and goes back furious

June: Seen pressure from the Captains of Industries still left in the Single Kingdom new negotiations are started for re-entry in the EU. EU insists: no preferences, accept €uro and Schengen + right lane traffic. HoC with one vote majority refuses.

Autumn: English pound at 0,75 per €uro. England competitive again for export, but hardly can afford any imports as too expensive. Bananas are as seldom now in E+W as in the former DDR. English try to cross La Manche ( Channel) to EU seen jobs. Welshmen try to cross to Ireland, Northumbrians to Scotland, willing to accept everything, even in Poland / Slovakia / Rumania / Bulgaria.

Nov: The EU decides, the Single Kingdom is economically seen too backworth, so negotiations with Ukraine get prevalence. However, with a 80% outcome and a 80% "re-entry" vote in a new referendum ( = >64% of all citizens) , the Single Kingdom can get an associated membership under the condition this will be fixed for at least 50 years.

30 Dec: a Airbus 380 plane full with Brexiteer politicians leaves the Single Kingdom in exile.

31 Dec: After a never so quickly organised referendum Prime Minister Theresa May, of the Lib Dem, Green, and Cons. coalition signs a new Association agreement with the EU, which is ratified the same day in the House of Commons.

So committed to Brexit are members of the Conservative and Unionist Party that they would be willing to see Scotland (63%) and Northern Ireland (59%) leave the UK in order to secure it. (link: https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/06/18/most-conservative-members-would-see-party-destroye?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=website_article&utm_campaign=conservative_members_june_2019_mindset) yougov.co.uk/topics/politic…

Brexit has also reshaped the two-party system in the eyes of Tory members. Fully two thirds (67%) see the Brexit Party as a big threat to them, almost double the number who say the same of Labour (34%) https://t.co/9iJKlB292vpic.twitter.com/eIv9o1aelF

While Esther McVey had pledged to banish Remainers from cabinet, what matters to party members is not the 2016 vote but that a candidate is willing to back a no-deal Brexit. Only 26-29% could get behind someone who took no-deal off the table https://t.co/Ao8BLH7FfE pic.twitter.com/9S9rAwpX18

no scotland, ireland, and econ damage to save Brexit.jpg

10 minutes ago, moskito said:

and btw, I am personally still belive SOMEONE should fix a huge engine on your Island and ship you off to your BIG BROTHER in the USA ...you belong their anyways more than you ever belonged to EUROPE ... Europe will show you how much they need you.
:
Leave us the better British, the Scots, the Welsh and the Irish - CHEERS

Exactly as Charles de Gaulle already said in 1963 when he vetoed any acces of the UK to the EEC.

5 hours ago, madmen said:

When Your miles in front on exchange selling is not a problem. My advice is don't sell yet both the Pound and AUD have a lot further to fall and the baht just gets stronger. I will think of selling in around another 3 years when western currencies are on their knees

I agree with you in some way but my sister in laws property has been on the market for over 5 years at not the silly prices that you see.

Our small piece of land was advertised all over Thailand we were lucky and sold it at a bit of a knock down price but only from locals talking about land for sale in our area.

Just now, puipuitom said:

Exactly as Charles de Gaulle already said in 1963 when he vetoed any acces of the UK to the EEC.

i am not a big friend of the EU laws and all  the money wasters in Bruxells too but its EUROPE and i see myself as European, not just as German anymore. I met btw many ppl all over Europe or in Thailand from Europe seeing it exactly the same way. For me Scots, Greeks, Italians, and Swedes are not just Scottish, Greeks, Italians, or Swedes anymore, we are ALL Europeans...funny thing its always different when it comes to the English...or ????  the Frensh ????

26 minutes ago, moskito said:

Guys, just live with it and stop whining. Its the same here as in the German Forums. The EURO goes down the drain too...so does the USDollar. The only Currency still stable is the Swiss Frank and the Singapor Dollar, still the same like 20 years ago to the cent ????
I dont take Euros or US since years anymore. OUR (Thai) Economy is strong, even if you are badtalking it sometimes and even if there are a lot of things to do to make it even better....and there are a lot...like customer service for example, a word that Thais just dont know.

EUROPE IS DEAD - Long live Asia!!!  
Look at your countries and tell me I am wrong please!

only Currency still stable is the Swiss Frank ? ? 

First lesson for Internet: before you write anything, verify first, when you want to avoid to tell nonsense.

image.png.3d92681814b0efbdbc40ee7e94e67a57.png

image.png.b97653c9a62368cade335a35a74e1c4b.png

image.png.6da1cbb4a155981c3affc3c9742f26a3.png

22 minutes ago, moskito said:

i am not a big friend of the EU laws and all  the money wasters in Bruxells too but its EUROPE and i see myself as European, not just as German anymore. I met btw many ppl all over Europe or in Thailand from Europe seeing it exactly the same way. For me Scots, Greeks, Italians, and Swedes are not just Scottish, Greeks, Italians, or Swedes anymore, we are ALL Europeans...funny thing its always different when it comes to the English...or ????  the Frensh ????

Voting for Brexit is a decision not to be governed from Brussels. Has nothing to do with liking or disliking European nations. Why are people like you so preoccupied with Brexit? It has no material impact on you apparently so why not direct your petty prejudices elsewhere (seems like you dislike French people as well - are they not compliant enough for you?). Do you hate Norwegians or Swiss because they aren't in the "project"?

2 hours ago, david555 said:

True , but 1 October is only 3 months away for 2020 , maybe te prediction 30  could only be in delay ...and for 2020

What you imply has nothing to do with money markets 30 is no delay it is nonsense.

11 minutes ago, moskito said:

There is a BIG difference towards being an EU citizen for .. from Baltic and Scandinavia towards Greece, Italy and Spain compared with the English attitude. Especially on holidays and in business.

I never forget: job in Muechen 1992 and Passau, 1994: my collegues.. hardly spoke any English, despite the same Physics degree as I had. In Germany: ZERO books in (US) English, for Dutch: over 50%. End 90-s .. hardly any German OR French retail buyer spoke English enough to even follow the intro of an introduction. Now I correspond in English with these. A Brit, who speaks 2 languages… I've hardly met/heard in all these years. Yeah.. Cameron, thanks to his Dutch mother...

Remind: ALL and ALL EU laws are first proposed in the Council of Chancellors ( with a member councillor of each EU member state in) , and then voted in the Eur Parliament ( with representatives of echt EU member stater) and at the end signed by the European Councill, in which every EU member state has a prime or subject minister in. ( e.g. Agricultural laws comes in the Agricultural council, incl. the minister for agriculture of each EU member state).

Thanks to that you can rely so much on consumer rights all over the EU, food safety (EFSA, RASFF), devices' safety (CE for toys, sports + electric devices), medicines and a LOT more. 1 Nov: the British may organise and pay that all themselves + no exchange anymore in inter-EU trade. means: I have to treat pork from UK same as.. coming from China or fruits as coming from.. Chile.

9 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

There is a BIG difference towards being an EU citizen for .. from Baltic and Scandinavia towards Greece, Italy and Spain compared with the English attitude. Especially on holidays and in business.

I never forget: job in Muechen 1992 and Passau, 1994: my collegues.. hardly spoke any English, despite the same Physics degree as I had. In Germany: ZERO books in (US) English, for Dutch: over 50%. End 90-s .. hardly any German OR French retail buyer spoke English enough to even follow the intro of an introduction. Now I correspond in English with these. A Brit, who speaks 2 languages… I've hardly met/heard in all these years. Yeah.. Cameron, thanks to his Dutch mother...

Remind: ALL and ALL EU laws are first proposed in the Council of Chancellors ( with a member councillor of each EU member state in) , and then voted in the Eur Parliament ( with representatives of echt EU member stater) and at the end signed by the European Councill, in which every EU member state has a prime or subject minister in. ( e.g. Agricultural laws comes in the Agricultural council, incl. the minister for agriculture of each EU member state).

Thanks to that you can rely so much on consumer rights all over the EU, food safety (EFSA, RASFF), devices' safety (CE for toys, sports + electric devices), medicines and a LOT more. 1 Nov: the British may organise and pay that all themselves + no exchange anymore in inter-EU trade. means: I have to treat pork from UK same as.. coming from China or fruits as coming from.. Chile.

Couple of points -

Why do you really care about what the UK does? Surely it doesn't matter the UK leaving if we aren't good Europeans on your terms, right?

Also, do bear in mind the UK imports quite a bit more from the EU than it exports to the EU. It is just as much in the interests of the EU to secure a trade deal in that context. The key reason the process has gone sour is to do with the Irish border issue and the fact the UK government does not have a clear majority to push legislation through because of that issue. It is highly likely the UK would have left by this point had those issues not arose or the UK government been willing and able to do a no-deal exit. 

9 minutes ago, MarkyM3 said:

Voting for Brexit is a decision not to be governed from Brussels. Has nothing to do with liking or disliking European nations. Why are people like you so preoccupied with Brexit? It has no material impact on you apparently so why not direct your petty prejudices elsewhere (seems like you dislike French people as well - are they not compliant enough for you?). Do you hate Norwegians or Swiss because they aren't in the "project"?

"governed from Brussels "? Where you got that nonsense from ? Please read someting of how the EU is organised, or.. see what I wrote before.

"you so preoccupied with Brexit " Simple, as it affects our customer and supplier just on the other side of the Cod Pool. And many here feel themselves Europeans, so.. we worry about the situation in the EU member state UK, where 51,88 % push their will through with ZERO reflection to 48,11% of the voters. When it goes wrong in the UK als we all here fear, we also will feel the consequences.

1 minute ago, MarkyM3 said:

Couple of points -

Why do you really care about what the UK does? Surely it doesn't matter the UK leaving if we aren't good Europeans on your terms, right?

Also, do bear in mind the UK imports quite a bit more from the EU than it exports to the EU. It is in both interests to secure a trade deal in that context.

"Why do you really care about what the UK does?" see earlier comment.

Imports from the EU into the UK:

= Industrial output used as components in UK end products. For instance 50-60% of all car compenetns originate in continental EU. 

= Agricultural / fresh products, you cannot get for the same price and conditions from elsewhwere. Aside of all phytosanitary inspections.

Exports from the UK into Europe: a LOT we have in the EU, but.. slightly higher in price. So, buy the most optimal. When we will get any import duty as UK = 3rd country after a no deal, many products fall under import duty. For instance: cars 10%. Bye bye UK export to EU, hopefully you an compete in US, Canada, Japan or.. Brazil, India,. China, Russia with lot cheaper ( and less quality) productions with especially German origin Mercedes, BMW, VW, Opel.

5 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

"governed from Brussels "? Where you got that nonsense from ? Please read someting of how the EU is organised, or.. see what I wrote before.

"you so preoccupied with Brexit " Simple, as it affects our customer and supplier just on the other side of the Cod Pool. And many here feel themselves Europeans, so.. we worry about the situation in the EU member state UK, where 51,88 % push their will through with ZERO reflection to 48,11% of the voters. When it goes wrong in the UK als we all here fear, we also will feel the consequences.

"Governed from Brussels" means EU-wide laws circumventing lawmaking at a national partliament level. That is going to increase, it is the stated aim of the EU - closer integration. It has done over the course of the European project, it was originally sold as a free trade bloc. Nothing erroneous in those assertions.

As for your second point, a majority voted to leave. That's called democracy. How do you know what the impact is going to be of the UK leaving? The EU made zero effort to provide any concessions to David Cameron in the run-up to the referendum e.g. around a temporary brake on migration and made that quite public. So you should not be so surprised this result occurred. 

5 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

"Why do you really care about what the UK does?" see earlier comment.

Imports from the EU into the UK:

= Industrial output used as components in UK end products. For instance 50-60% of all car compenetns originate in continental EU. 

= Agricultural / fresh products, you cannot get for the same price and conditions from elsewhwere. Aside of all phytosanitary inspections.

Exports from the UK into Europe: a LOT we have in the EU, but.. slightly higher in price. So, buy the most optimal. When we will get any import duty as UK = 3rd country after a no deal, many products fall under import duty. For instance: cars 10%. Bye bye UK export to EU, hopefully you an compete in US, Canada, Japan or.. Brazil, India,. China, Russia with lot cheaper ( and less quality) productions with especially German origin Mercedes, BMW, VW, Opel.

Cuts both ways. Put UK duties up and the UK will likewise so it will hurt both - hence the logic of trading freely. At all points, the UK has stated Brexit had nothing to do with friendship or trade with other EU countries. Seems the EU likes to punish a nation who dares to say they don't wish to be part of the club anymore.

BTW, a no-deal Brexit - should that happen - was intended to trade on WTO rules. All members of the EU are signed up to WTO. Up to you if you want to buy UK products and likewise for UK consumers of EU products should that situation occur. 

1 hour ago, puipuitom said:

The only French politician with whom i ever agreed! We should never have gone in - at least when it was the Common Market (NOT EEC at that time) it was just about trade. That made a little sense, but the EU - stuff it!

And, btw, I'm not anti French, German, Italian or whatever but every country in the world should be its own sovereign nation and negotiate trade, finance, security and whatever other agreements as it sees fit. It worked before we went into the Common Market and with modern technology would certainly work now.

Shame it degenerates into a Brexit argument AGAIN ! the thread was about 30THB to the £, yes Brexit has a lot to do with it but that was not the thread.

Thai exports down 5% may have something to do with it as well, as would tourist numbers dropping etc. etc.

23 minutes ago, MarkyM3 said:

"Governed from Brussels" means EU-wide laws circumventing lawmaking at a national partliament level. That is going to increase, it is the stated aim of the EU - closer integration. It has done over the course of the European project, it was originally sold as a free trade bloc. Nothing erroneous in those assertions.

As for your second point, a majority voted to leave. That's called democracy. How do you know what the impact is going to be of the UK leaving? The EU made zero effort to provide any concessions to David Cameron in the run-up to the referendum e.g. around a temporary brake on migration and made that quite public. So you should not be so surprised this result occurred. 

"originally sold as a free trade bloc"  yes, and in 40 years evolved. With the signature of all British prime ministers and even often ratified by the HoC.

18 jun. 2008 - The UK has effectively ratified the EU's reform treaty - despite the decision by Irish 

Democracy IS NOT the dictarorship of 50% + 1, but: the constitution limits the majority and protects the minority see  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35622105  or  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/19/camerons-eu-deal-what-he-wanted-and-what-he-got  with in Google.

Mr Cameron has secured a commitment to exempt Britain from "ever closer union" to be written into the treaties. He has also negotiated the inclusion of a "red-card" mechanism, a new power. If 55% of national parliaments agree, they could effectively block or veto a commission proposal.

What the British forgot: when you want to leave any organisation, you cannot insist that organisation changes all only to keep you as member.

First rule on Internet: verify first before you write.

7 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Only if you can sell it. Thai people don't, or rarely, buy second hand, you certainly wont get what you paid for it, maybe half if lucky

Not true, bought for 3.2m 13 years ago, when it was 72THB to the £, sold last year in 3 months for 8.5m at around 42THB, I might have been lucky but 44,444 buy price, just over 200,000 sell price.

Archived