U.S. cities brace for immigration raids, say they will not participate

rooster59

7 hours ago, Benmart said:

My buddy in SOCAL pays way above minimum wage for his hispanic employees. He also pays overtime and all the coverages required by law. Your broadbrush ignorance is much like me saying everyone is like my buddy.

Yours is a puzzling post. You are claiming that your buddy "pays way above minimum wage for his hispanic employees. He also pays overtime and all the coverages required by law."

If these are illegal immigrants, how can he be paying "all the coverages required by law." How can he pay paying them legally at all? On the other hand if these workers are simply Americans or green card holders of Hispanic extraction, what relevance does that have to this thread?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, rooster59 said:

U.S. cities expecting to be hit by a wave of immigration raids intended to deport recently arrived families who are in the United States illegally said on Friday they would not cooperate with federal authorities.

No Problem cut off all Federal Funding that State receives & see how long before those in power that are supporting illegal immigration are removed from their jobs by their constituents.

1 minute ago, mania said:

No Problem cut off all Federal Funding that State receives & see how long before those in power that are supporting illegal immigration are removed from their jobs by their constituents.

Only problem is that has been tried and found to be unconstitutional.

3 hours ago, mania said:

You do understand the difference between acting against the Federal Government and refusing to do the work of the Federal Government?

18 hours ago, Tug said:

Ice doesent have the facility’s or manpower to accomplish this on a large scale it’s mostly trump bs to his base

If this was a "round up" of all the illegal immigrants, the entire US military would have a hard time. However, these raids are targeted at those who have gone through the system, and failed to comply with deportation orders. 

13 hours ago, riclag said:

The article says they entered illegally 

U.S. cities expecting to be hit by a wave of immigration raids intended to deport recently arrived families who are in the United States illegally said on Friday they would not cooperate with federal authorities.

But, Mark Morgan also said the agency would target for deportation families that have received a removal order from a U.S. immigration court.

"Most of the migrants are fleeing violence, poverty and corruption in Central America, and are seeking asylum, a process that can take years."

So, they're heading to places like Chicago !?!

U.S. cities brace for immigration raids, say they will not participate

And apparently neither will Trump. In cave in #2 this weekend, Trump has "suspended" the scheduled ICE raids in order "to make a deal" with the Democrats. 

This guy has to be the biggest joke in American history.

5 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

"Most of the migrants are fleeing violence, poverty and corruption in Central America, and are seeking asylum, a process that can take years."

When the deportation process finally begins, the bleeding hearts chime in with "human rights" - you can't deport them, they've lived here for years!

On 6/23/2019 at 5:35 AM, Rhys said:

How did this get all <deleted> up?

IMHO this is all because of uncontrolled population growth in Central America and Mexico.

Their "belief" that the Bible has told them contraception is against "biblical" law.  Fundamentalism.

Central America's population growth doubles every generation, this raises the rates of poverty, causes more environmental destruction, and depletion of available resources....arable land, water, fuel

So they must try and migrate to somewhere that can provide them with additional resources so they can continue on as God intended.  USA is the closest  choice with many untapped resources and jobs, etc..

19 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

By refusing to co-operate and therefore aiding criminals, illegal immigrants are criminals because they willingly chose to break laws, aren't these cities' officials guilty of breaking laws? Is aiding an abetting criminals ok within the law?

I don't know American law so wonder if our American posters can confirm please?

It does show again, how left wing politicians are prepared to ignore laws and obstruct their enforcement when it suits their political agenda. Dangerous precedents and unfortunately a growing trend in many countries where the left only respect laws they like.

You said it perfectly. The fact that you defer to "American posters" who can confirm speaks volumes. Being an American doesn't make me an expert, but I do find it a tad ironic that people who even vaguely overstay their visas in Thailand are routinely poo-pooed here on TVF, and yet these same people seem to find little problem with the epidemic abuse of their own country's immigration laws, and would instead indulge in the cult of personality and fly the Trump Baby balloon. 

21 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

It does show again, how left wing politicians are prepared to ignore laws and obstruct their enforcement when it suits their political agenda.

But if, as you claim, you “don’t know the American law”, then that “not knowing” really means that you don’t know what anything “shows again”.

excepting your post as a totality.... now that shows a decidedly republican bias, which should arguably be absent, if, as you claim, “don’t know American law”

so... mmm.... mind made up without understanding the facts....  ????

4 minutes ago, jany123 said:

dBut if, as you claim, you “don’t know the American law”, then that “not knowing” really means that you don’t know what anything “shows again”.

excepting your post as a totality.... now that shows a decidedly republican bias, which should arguably be absent, if, as you claim, “don’t know American law”

so... mmm.... mind made up without understanding the facts....  ????

If after all your wonderful logic and commonsense, you can dismiss me as a "decidedly republican," go ahead. 

22 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

Are you saying that illegal immigrants, AFTER their case for asylum has been looked at and rejected by a court, shouldn't be deported because of their "human rights"?

No.... I was saying that the use of the term “because they won’t comply with a summons, they are illegal” is an absolute, and that other alternatives that do apply, such as “could not comply with the summons”, introduce the concept of mitigating factors to this debate, much as mitigating factors are (or should be) viewed in all court proceedings.

mitigating factors would include health and wealth and the number of lawyers available to represent the gazillion (oh look, a trump retweetable) migrants needing to be processed.

ignoring any mitigating circumstance would be another failure in your judicial system, and a failure of due process.

ding ding ding... back to square one

4 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Pretty simple.

Trump promised to fix it. But made it a million times worse. 

Aaaiii.... lol... I had to keep changing my selection of emojis... heart, chalice... lol...  heart.... damnit... to funny.. lol

14 hours ago, meand said:

I only have one question. How can you make it miles across a grueling desert with very little water, snakes, rapists.. and then not even be able to handle knee deep water without a chain gang. 

I guess the blessing is in the first five words.

23 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

By refusing to co-operate and therefore aiding criminals, illegal immigrants are criminals because they willingly chose to break laws, aren't these cities' officials guilty of breaking laws? Is aiding an abetting criminals ok within the law?

It does show again, how left wing politicians are prepared to ignore laws and obstruct their enforcement when it suits their political agenda. Dangerous precedents and unfortunately a growing trend in many countries where the left only respect laws they like.

Immigration enforcement is a separate legal function. Local officials are not supposed to enforce immigration law. Refusing to cooperate is loaded. I read they will not participate. The feds can do what they want. 

You might also not be aware that the U.S. has strong state rights. The right wingers love that when it helps them, and hates it when it doesn't. For example a state can legalize marijuana when it's still against federal law. So then there is a conflict between the state and the feds if the feds insist on interfering. 

1 hour ago, jany123 said:

No.... I was saying that the use of the term “because they won’t comply with a summons, they are illegal” is an absolute, and that other alternatives that do apply, such as “could not comply with the summons”, introduce the concept of mitigating factors to this debate, much as mitigating factors are (or should be) viewed in all court proceedings.

mitigating factors would include health and wealth and the number of lawyers available to represent the gazillion (oh look, a trump retweetable) migrants needing to be processed.

ignoring any mitigating circumstance would be another failure in your judicial system, and a failure of due process.

ding ding ding... back to square one

If you want a court to consider mitigating circumstances, you have to present them to the court, because they will not be assumed. If you can't attend what is likely the most important hearing in your life, and won't or can't send a representative to present mitigating circumstances, then tough tit, you are in breach and illegal. As you acknowledge, there are a large number of immigrants to be processed, it already takes far too long, and failure to co-operate is not acceptable.

So it's not back to square one, it's ignore the summons, a warrant gets issued, you get arrested and deported.

BTW it is not my legal system, I am Australian.

32 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

If you want a court to consider mitigating circumstances, you have to present them to the court, because they will not be assumed. If you can't attend what is likely the most important hearing in your life, and won't or can't send a representative to present mitigating circumstances, then tough tit, you are in breach and illegal. As you acknowledge, there are a large number of immigrants to be processed, it already takes far too long, and failure to co-operate is not acceptable.

So it's not back to square one, it's ignore the summons, a warrant gets issued, you get arrested and deported.

BTW it is not my legal system, I am Australian.

If you can demonstrate that you were “reasonably” unable to appear before a court, were a ruling is given against you, due to mitigating circumstance, then you can also demonstrate that the ruling should be reviewed... it’s not about having titties that are tough, it’s about the rights and obligations of both sides, including adhering to the law, which is why we have human rights watchdogs... to control those who would act impetuously and extrajudicially.

Anyway... acting impetuously.... if we let logic off the chain for a minute, when would be the best time for the immigrant to bring up that they were unable (due to mitigating circumstances) to attend the court hearing, that they are being summarily deported for not attending.?.. impetuous... or just crazy?

I would expect that human rights lawyers and the courts might have some answers about this, over the next few weeks.

oh... and having increased numbers of immigrants to process, does not mean that it’s ok to act negligently towards any single one....  and that you use the term “failure to cooperate is not acceptable” , in a article about fear motivated migration that has become a humanitarian crisis, is... well... disturbing.

4 minutes ago, jany123 said:

If you can demonstrate that you were “reasonably” unable to appear before a court, were a ruling is given against you, due to mitigating circumstance, then you can also demonstrate that the ruling should be reviewed... it’s not about having titties that are tough, it’s about the rights and obligations of both sides, including adhering to the law, which is why we have human rights watchdogs... to control those who would act impetuously and extrajudicially.

Anyway... acting impetuously.... if we let logic off the chain for a minute, when would be the best time for the immigrant to bring up that they were unable (due to mitigating circumstances) to attend the court hearing, that they are being summarily deported for not attending.?.. impetuous... or just crazy?

I would expect that human rights lawyers and the courts might have some answers about this, over the next few weeks.

oh... and having increased numbers of immigrants to process, does not mean that it’s ok to act negligently towards any single one....  and that you use the term “failure to cooperate is not acceptable” , in a article about fear motivated migration that has become a humanitarian crisis, is... well... disturbing.

Anybody that thinks allowing unlimited immigration into their country, and that court proceedings should be delayed ad infinitum, is very well disturbed.

Well looks like Donald delayed all the ice raids for 2 weeks imo it’s because ice was caught off guard when Donald (proclaimed millions) will be deported lol and he is trying to put the blame on the Democrats he is pathetic and dishonorable he needs to get back to his real estate conns

5 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

Me. Not a Trump supporter, someone who believes any country has a right to determine who is welcome in their country, even if they have a sob-story to tell.

Which is what all americans want. No one has ever said it wasnt.

The reason cities will not cooperate with federal immigration authorities is because major American cities have been overrun by millions of illegal aliens, many of whom reside with legal relatives who were illegals themselves but given amnesty. Now they provide sanctuary to south-of-the-border relatives running from ICE. In the city of Chicago, the Mayor and aldermen fear those relatives, who comprise a large share of the Democrat voter base and would vote them out of office if they cooperated with immigration enforcement.

Without forced deportation, foreign influence would eventually threaten the sovereignty of the United States at the federal level. The president and congress would act on their behalf, not on American's behalf. It's happening in California now. That's why middle-class Californians are fleeing to other states, leaving behind a state in which they have no voice. A state that answers only to movie stars, illegals, and the homeless.

Question: why are the Democrats and their fake-news collaborators so outraged by Russia's possible influence in American politics but are completely unconcerned with Mexico's influence? The latter has been much more detrimental to democracy and the American middle-class. 

Archived