U.S. cities brace for immigration raids, say they will not participate

rooster59

6 minutes ago, Uptooyoo said:

The reason cities will not cooperate with federal immigration authorities is because major American cities have been overrun by millions of illegal aliens, many of whom reside with legal relatives who provide sanctuary from immigration enforcement. In the city of Chicago, the Mayor and aldermen fear those relatives, who comprise a large share of the Democrat voter base and would vote them out of office if they cooperated with immigration enforcement.

Without forced deportation, foreign influence would eventually threaten the sovereignty of the United States at the federal level. The president and congress would act on their behalf, not on American's behalf. It's happening in California now. That's why middle-class Californians are fleeing to other states, leaving behind a state in which they have no voice. A state that answers only to movie stars, illegals, and the homeless.

Question: why are the Democrats and their fake-news collaborators so outraged by Russia's possible influence in American politics but are completely unconcerned with Mexico's influence? The latter has been much more detrimental to democracy and the American middle-class. 

Because the russian involvement is by the govt. the mexican involvement is not.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Because the russian involvement is by the govt. the mexican involvement is not.

Oh yes it is. The Mexican government has always encouraged its disgruntled citizens to move north to the United States. Otherwise they would stay and fight for justice. There would be a revolution. The Mexican government doesn't want that. They've always seen the United States as sort of a pressure relief valve. Also, the Mexican government and news media suggest to their brothers north of the border which American candidates they should vote for.

On 6/22/2019 at 3:31 AM, ThaiFelix said:

But then who will mow the lawns and tend gardens etc for slave wages?

I live in San Antonio Texas, and when the illegals show up in their custom 4x4's to mow my neighbors lawn it is a far cry from slave wages. LOL 

Last week I asked how much to mow my yard each week and it was 70 US dollars and my yard may take 30 minutes to cut.

This is off topic, but I am in Mexico now.

I have a retirement visa for Thailand that I am going to let expire. I am now in Toluca Mexico now. I have been here a few days enjoying the cool weather then I will move on to Merida and the coast to spend the summer. 

I am enjoying cool weather and NO pollution as compared to Thailand. I drove my pickup here, and was given a 180 day visa with no rules what so ever. 

However it is dangerous compared to Thailand, in this area.. The economy here is not doing very good. 

In the Yucatan it is much different, the economy is doing good and the locals are friendly. I would say it is very similar to Thailand as far as security is concerned in some areas. But, S.E. Asia is still the safest place I have ever traveled. 

The beaches are by far and away better than Thailand. 

My main reason for leaving Thailand was the pollution, the air quality was killing me, and I was tired of the filth.

2 hours ago, garyk said:

I live in San Antonio Texas, and when the illegals show up in their custom 4x4's to mow my neighbors lawn it is a far cry from slave wages. LOL 

Last week I asked how much to mow my yard each week and it was 70 US dollars and my yard may take 30 minutes to cut.

This is off topic, but I am in Mexico now.

I have a retirement visa for Thailand that I am going to let expire. I am now in Toluca Mexico now. I have been here a few days enjoying the cool weather then I will move on to Merida and the coast to spend the summer. 

I am enjoying cool weather and NO pollution as compared to Thailand. I drove my pickup here, and was given a 180 day visa with no rules what so ever. 

However it is dangerous compared to Thailand, in this area.. The economy here is not doing very good. 

In the Yucatan it is much different, the economy is doing good and the locals are friendly. I would say it is very similar to Thailand as far as security is concerned in some areas. But, S.E. Asia is still the safest place I have ever traveled. 

The beaches are by far and away better than Thailand. 

My main reason for leaving Thailand was the pollution, the air quality was killing me, and I was tired of the filth.

I hope you enjoy your time in Mexico and that you continue to keep everyone updated on how it goes.   There is actually a topic about it.   It's about Latin America, but it might be worth your time to take a look.   It's here:   https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1087554-expats-in-thailand-considering-moving-to-latin-america-prompted-by-thai-visa-changes/page/101/?tab=comments#comment-14276924

I do have questions about the illegals you referenced.   I highly doubt they are illegal.   It's pretty difficult for an illegal to buy a new vehicle, set up a business and operate openly.   Whoever runs the business is probably legal.   

13 hours ago, Uptooyoo said:

The reason cities will not cooperate with federal immigration authorities is because major American cities have been overrun by millions of illegal aliens, many of whom reside with legal relatives who were illegals themselves but given amnesty. Now they provide sanctuary to south-of-the-border relatives running from ICE. In the city of Chicago, the Mayor and aldermen fear those relatives, who comprise a large share of the Democrat voter base and would vote them out of office if they cooperated with immigration enforcement.

Without forced deportation, foreign influence would eventually threaten the sovereignty of the United States at the federal level. The president and congress would act on their behalf, not on American's behalf. It's happening in California now. That's why middle-class Californians are fleeing to other states, leaving behind a state in which they have no voice. A state that answers only to movie stars, illegals, and the homeless.

Question: why are the Democrats and their fake-news collaborators so outraged by Russia's possible influence in American politics but are completely unconcerned with Mexico's influence? The latter has been much more detrimental to democracy and the American middle-class. 

The best estimates of the population of undocumented aliens run to about 11 million. The population of the United States is roughly 325 million. The US is doomed!

On 6/24/2019 at 11:35 AM, Uptooyoo said:

The reason cities will not cooperate with federal immigration authorities is because major American cities have been overrun by millions of illegal aliens, many of whom reside with legal relatives who were illegals themselves but given amnesty. Now they provide sanctuary to south-of-the-border relatives running from ICE. In the city of Chicago, the Mayor and aldermen fear those relatives, who comprise a large share of the Democrat voter base and would vote them out of office if they cooperated with immigration enforcement.

Wait... what?

the reasons cities won’t cooperate is.... intimidation by legal residents and their illegal friends and relatives? Did I get that right?

anyway.... without deportation the white voter will become a minority.... and the majority will govern.... ain’t that there democracy hard at work, which is what America is all about, white? 

And and... and.... Mexico has been much more detrimental to democracy... really? Are we forgetting the Cold War and the Cuban missile crisis already... or the more recent election meddling.... how’s trump doin it for the middle class now?

On 6/25/2019 at 12:09 AM, Credo said:

I do have questions about the illegals you referenced.   I highly doubt they are illegal.   It's pretty difficult for an illegal to buy a new vehicle, set up a business and operate openly.   Whoever runs the business is probably legal

"Illegal" means - brown?

On 6/24/2019 at 11:35 AM, Uptooyoo said:

If the "Hispanic" voters in these cities and states have reached sufficient mass to influence electorally the governance of those cities and states - well that is democracy! Ask the American Indians about how they felt about (white European) immigration participation in government!

There are two ironies in this debate. Firstly that a nation and society built upon immigration, (to offer the poor and dispossessed a better life) and in doing so essentially destroyed it's indigenous population, if not by genocide then by lack of care and concern for the results of its policies of concentrating, removing and resettling that population, is complaining about immigration.

Second, and more superficially if funnier, is the irony evidenced elsewhere in this thread of mutterings about " illegals" charging too much to cut the lawn, and having the gall to turn up to cut the grass in smart new cars!

2 hours ago, JAG said:

There are two ironies in this debate. Firstly that a nation and society built upon immigration, (to offer the poor and dispossessed a better life) and in doing so essentially destroyed it's indigenous population, if not by genocide then by lack of care and concern for the results of its policies of concentrating, removing and resettling that population, is complaining about immigration.

Europeans invaded North America and their descendants are well aware of what happened to the original inhabitants. Do you really expect them to welcome an invasion that could have similar results?

48 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

Europeans invaded North America and their descendants are well aware of what happened to the original inhabitants. Do you really expect them to welcome an invasion that could have similar results?

No I don't. But I said it was ironic that they (some) are complaining.

Archived