Police called to disturbance at UK PM candidate Johnson's home

rooster59

Police called to disturbance at UK PM candidate Johnson's home

800x800 (4).jpg

PM hopeful Boris Johnson leaves his home in London, Britain June 21, 2019. REUTERS/Henry Nicholls

LONDON (Reuters) - British police were called on Friday to investigate concerns for the welfare of a woman after a neighbour of Boris Johnson, the favourite to be the next Prime Minister, heard a loud altercation.

Shortly after midnight on Friday, police were called to an address in south London where Johnson is living with his girlfriend.

"The caller was concerned for the welfare of a female neighbour. Police attended and spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well," the police said in a statement.

"There were no offences or concerns apparent to the officers and there was no cause for police action."

A spokesman for Johnson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

(Reporting by Alistair Smout; editing by Guy Faulconbridge)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-06-22

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a neighbor doesn't like the Politician and uses any opportunity, possibly to exact their spite... 

It is reported that he'd had an argument with his Girlfriend, not exactly unheard of in any relationship...  No news here, just the media being the usual gossip mongering tools... 

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

So a neighbor doesn't like the Politician and uses any opportunity possible to exact their spite... 

It is reported that he'd had an argument with his Girlfriend, not exactly unheard of in any relationship...  No news here, just the media being the usual gossip mongering tools... 

According to the news in other languages there was more to it than you're implying, but no physical violence.

Apparently, the neighbour who alerted the police, also called the Guardian., hence their exclusive (maybe they called the Guardian first!)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/21/police-called-to-loud-altercation-at-boris-johnsons-home

The domestic incident also inspired a neighbour to show off his rapping ‘skills’:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7168951/Boris-Johnsons-new-neighbour-writes-rap-politician.html

2 minutes ago, silver sea said:

Apparently, the neighbour who alerted the police, also called the Guardian., hence their exclusive (maybe they called the Guardian first!)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/21/police-called-to-loud-altercation-at-boris-johnsons-home

Where does it say the neighbour called the Guardian first? 

More interestingly the the police at first denied the incident until presented with the case report number and Tag numbers of the attending police vehicles.

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Man and woman wake neighbours with screaming ‘Domestic’, neighbours call police.

It could be worse, such low lifers unable to manage their own affairs in a reasonable manner could be running the country.

So, anyone who enters into an argument can't do their job? (shouldn't be running the country?) For real?...

You never argued or raised your voice with anyone?... only low lifers would have an argument?

Having an argument means you are unable to manage your own affairs in a reasonable manner?

You have made a lot of assumptions there... 

So, anyone who enters into an argument can't do their job? (shouldn't be running the country?) For real?...

You never argued or raised your voice with anyone?... only low lifers would have an argument?

Having an argument means you are unable to manage your own affairs in a reasonable manner?

You have made a lot of assumptions there... 

I have never had the police called to my home, not for reasons of a ‘Domestic’ not for any reason.

But the thread isn’t about me, it’s about an ‘Domestic’ involving the possible future PM in which the police were called.

When was the last time that happened?!

40 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

"There were no offences or concerns apparent to the officers and there was no cause for police action."

I assume the officers attending were greeted with "do you know who I am" and "I know Cressida"

8 minutes ago, silver sea said:

The domestic incident also inspired a neighbour to show off his rapping ‘skills’:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7168951/Boris-Johnsons-new-neighbour-writes-rap-politician.html

Quite.

The neighbours in question had already made it very clear (from what I can gather) that they were determined remainers.

They called the police and the Guardian - having recorded (???) their 'evidence'.....

Unsuprisingly, the police weren't interested once it was clear that both boris and his g/f were fine, considering it to be an unimportant 'spat'.

The newspapers (and TV) however, decided it was a 'front page' news worthy event.....

I wouldn't mind so much, except I'm not a boris fan either!  Even so, this type of ridiculous attempt to smear him is only worthy of contempt.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I have never had the police called to my home, not for reasons of a ‘Domestic’ not for any reason.

But the thread isn’t about me, it’s about an ‘Domestic’ involving the possible future PM in which the police were called.

When was the last time that happened?!

Perhaps the reason the Police were called is because he is a famous Politician... (an assumption I know).... 

It could have been a terrible row and the neighbor genuinely cared for the well-being of one of the couple. 

Or, it could have been just an argument with a raised voice and the neighbor being a bit of a tool acted out against the potential future PM.

We don't know - but that there was an argument between a couple does not imply an inability to run a country, it simply implies he's human. 

The Police were not interested.... that pretty much sums up the issue. 

The press on the other hand.... 

I'm not a fan of Boris Jonson - but, I am against stupidity and smear.

6 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Quite.

The neighbours in question had already made it very clear (from what I can gather) that they were determined remainers.

They called the police and the Guardian - having recorded (???) their 'evidence'.....

Unsuprisingly, the police weren't interested once it was clear that both boris and his g/f were fine, considering it to be an unimportant 'spat'.

The newspapers (and TV) however, decided it was a 'front page' news worthy event.....

I wouldn't mind so much, except I'm not a boris fan either!  Even so, this type of ridiculous attempt to smear him is only worthy of contempt.

Johnson is days away from the decision on his future or otherwise as PM. 

The first question is what does this incident tell us about his behaviour and his judgement? 

All the other 'arguments' you make are props to avoid addressing that question. 

Perhaps the reason the Police were called is because he is a famous Politician... (an assumption I know).... 

It could have been a terrible row and the neighbor genuinely cared for the well-being of one of the couple. 

Or, it could have been just an argument with a raised voice and the neighbor being a bit of a tool acted out against the potential future PM.

We don't know - but that there was an argument between a couple does not imply an inability to run a country, it simply implies he's human. 

Again, all supposition. 

What stands out clearly is the question this incident raises over Johnson's behaviour and judgement. 

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Again, all supposition. 

What stands out clearly is the question this incident raises over Johnson's behaviour and judgement. 

Can you honestly suggest that someone who gets into an argument with their girlfriend (or Wife) in the confines of their own home is of questionable judgment ???....   

This 'incident' was of no interest to the Police. Your phraseology implies a degree of negative bias against Boris Jonson, was it even an incident? are we calling arguments 'incidents' these days? or does it suit some to call an argument an incident to present the appearance of something more serious than it really is?

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Can you honestly suggest that someone who gets into an argument with their girlfriend (or Wife) in the confines of their own home is of questionable judgment ???....   

This 'incident' was of no interest to the Police. Your phraseology implies a degree of negative bias against Boris Jonson, was it even an incident? are we calling arguments 'incidents' these days? or does it suit some to call an argument an incident to present the appearance of something more serious than it really is?

Police Incident Report = Incident. 

What happened to holding those who lead the nation to any kind of standard of behaviour and judgement?

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

We do know more than reported here, in other languages it is reported there were loud noises.

Domestic disturbances should not be taken lightly, so calling the police in that case seems like a wise idea.

The paper said the neighbour was inside their own flat when they recorded the alleged altercation.

It said that in the recording - heard by the Guardian, but not by the BBC - Mr Johnson was refusing to leave the flat and telling the woman to "get off" his laptop before there was a loud crashing noise.

Ms Symonds is allegedly heard saying the MP had ruined a sofa with red wine: "You just don't care for anything because you're spoilt. You have no care for money or anything."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48721211

If the neighbors can hear and record everything being said in that flat is there not a risk to national security??? 

38 minutes ago, silver sea said:

Correct .. ITV were reporting the old bat who made the complaint muted the sound on her TV to try and hear what was going on before then making a recording which some how found its way to the Guardian .. The Police attended then left saying no further action on their part .. 

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Police Incident Report = Incident. 

What happened to holding those who lead the nation to any kind of standard of behaviour and judgement?

Valid point - police indecent report. 

I agree, we should hold those who lead the nation to a higher standard.... and for that I believe Johnson of reprehensible moral character (thats for another topic);

It is articles such as this which ridicule, muddy and ultimately dilute the genuine issues and concerns we should have with those (in this case Johnson) who may ultimately lead the UK. 

So... Yes, most definitely these people should be held to a high standard, but in our judgement of these standards we should also be held to the most basic of standards and it is smear and nonsense such as these reports which does nothing more than mask genuine issues and thus is below the most basic of standards we should be held to.

All that is happening is that the the media is muddying the waters of common sense and sensible judgment.

1 minute ago, Justgrazing said:

Correct .. ITV were reporting the old bat who made the complaint muted the sound on her TV to try and hear what was going on before then making a recording which some how found its way to the Guardian .. The Police attended then left saying no further action on their part .. 

It is also reported that on the recording Symonds can be heard screaming at Johnson to 'get out', Johnson is heard to respond 'No'.

Perhaps it is all just a misunderstanding and the two were simply rehearsing Johnson's EU negotiating strategy. 

Either that, or it's true, Johnson has a bag of behavioural and judgement problems that a neighbour somehow triggered by turning down the sound on her TV. 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Valid point - police indecent report. 

I agree, we should hold those who lead the nation to a higher standard.... and for that I believe Johnson of reprehensible moral character (thats for another topic);

It is articles such as this which ridicule, muddy and ultimately dilute the genuine issues and concerns we should have with those (in this case Johnson) who may ultimately lead the UK. 

So... Yes, most definitely these people should be held to a high standard, but in our judgement of these standards we should also be held to the most basic of standards and it is smear and nonsense such as these reports which does nothing more than mask genuine issues and thus is below the most basic of standards we should be held to.

All that is happening is that the the media is muddying the waters of common sense and sensible judgment.

I agree up to the point regarding the media. 

If the media did not report the incident we none of us would have any idea of Johnson's behaviour and judgement issues. 

15 minutes ago, Basil B said:

If the neighbors can hear and record everything being said in that flat is there not a risk to national security??? 

No. 

unless johnson is stupid enough to yell about govt policy while refusing to leave a property. 

Oh wait, I see your point

The man is an idiot, so maybe you’re right. 

Archived