Police called to disturbance at UK PM candidate Johnson's home

rooster59

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

So the 'concerned' neighbours contacted, you've guessed it, the Guardian. Surprise, surprise. Much ado about nothing that is any of our business. Neighbours may be in a bit of trouble though, recording illegally. Assuming there really is a recording...

Hogwash.

Precisely what law is broken when an individual records sounds within the bounds of their own home?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, stevenl said:

Domestic disturbances should not be taken lightly, so calling the police in that case seems like a wise idea.

Perhaps Boris should be calling the rap police, for giving the genre a bad name. 

This is the couple who called the police.

Then “after they were assured by police that there was nothing to worry about, that no one was hurt, no crime had been committed and that there was no cause for further action” they rang the Guardian:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7170867/Carrie-Symonds-scared-home-recorded-political-stich-neighbours.html

The man is English and voted Remain. His wife was described by one interviewer as an 'American Leftist Buddhist Jewish playwright.' Apparently, she posted on Facebook that she gave Boris Johnson ‘the finger’ when she saw him in the street.

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Hogwash.

Precisely what law is broken when an individual records sounds within the bounds of their own home?

In public life your private life is scrutinised, rightly or wrongly. The guys blown it big time as the majority of the prudish 160000 Tory members will not want a PM who can not control his emotions correctly.

19 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The neighbour did no simply call the police s/he first went to Simonds' door and knocked three times, only calling the police after getting no response. 

I wonder how many serious domestic violence incidents would be prevented if more people responded like this?!

But hey, let's call into question the neighbour's motives. 

Maybe Simonds thought it was the Jehovah's witnesses knocking again and tried to pretend to be out?

15 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Its not much effort for the grumpy old male uber Hard Brexiteers here who unreservedly support Tommy Robinson to leap to the defence of Boris Johnson when it comes to women.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yay, we haven't heard of Tommy for a while. Always a Remainer favourite to bring into any unrelated matter. Maybe the leftie activists should have knocked on his girlfriend's door late at night. They would have received a much more robust response than they did from Boris.

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

Quite ????!

But they made it even more obvious by 'phoning the guardian with their recorded tape - after the police had attended and ascertained that it was just an argument between the two of them, and neither party considered it anything other.

Yes, seems poor ol' Boris can't even try and get a leg over in peace without the populous getting a report on it..... bored.gif.b0d6263a3d6eb591c7d60ef4cf2305a3.gif

14 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Incidentally, I don't appreciate remainers putting me in a position where I feel the need to defend boris (who I don't trust or like) against his remainer neighbours - who are so obviously politically motivated. ☹️

Then don't.

3 hours ago, silver sea said:

This is the couple who called the police.

Then “after they were assured by police that there was nothing to worry about, that no one was hurt, no crime had been committed and that there was no cause for further action” they rang the Guardian:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7170867/Carrie-Symonds-scared-home-recorded-political-stich-neighbours.html

The man is English and voted Remain. His wife was described by one interviewer as an 'American Leftist Buddhist Jewish playwright.' Apparently, she posted on Facebook that she gave Boris Johnson ‘the finger’ when she saw him in the street.

They're bleating now the boot's on t'other foot:

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

The same thought had crossed my mind.  The neighbours can now expect their attitudes and lives to be examined by the media - and they will not appreciate it.....

Maybe for the day, if that. They are not newsworthy.

1 minute ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Imagine, that happened later in No.10! (Cops pounding on the front gate, cause they received a call...)

Would not happen at No.10 as at No.11 they are always to busy doing sums....

4 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Anyhow, Boris, thanks for making this a little more interesting! I doubt that he will lose a lot of votes, but you never know...

His links with Steve Bannon may come under scrutiny again:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/22/boris-johnson-steve-bannon-texts-foreign-secretary-resignation-speech

6 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Incidentally, I don't appreciate remainers putting me in a position where I feel the need to defend boris (who I don't trust or like) against his remainer neighbours - who are so obviously politically motivated. ☹️

It was Boris who put you in that position with his behaviour, but you don't have to accept the role. 

23 minutes ago, silver sea said:

In the last line of your link another neighbour said 'it was quite loud, I was worried'.

So maybe the call to the police was the right decision after all?

1 hour ago, silver sea said:

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

In the last line of your link another neighbour said 'it was quite loud, I was worried'.

So maybe the call to the police was the right decision after all?

Well maybe ... if only to protect Johnson from his spikey girlfriend! 555

I am no fan of Johnson, and think it will be a disaster for the U.K., if he becomes PM, but he is no ‘wife beater’. She’s the one who was smashing the plates.

it’s his gf who has the backbone in their relationship. She was one of the passengers of John Worboys, the black cab rapist. He had been convicted and imprisoned. The Parole Board wanted to release him. Its decision made big headlines and was heavily criticised.

It is believed she used her influence behind the scenes to get the decision reversed. It was judicially reviewed and overturned by the Court.

The head of the Parole Board, Nick Hardwick, was forced to resign as his position had become untenable.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6153181/Did-Carrie-Symonds-fight-John-Worboys-jail-cost-job.html

She’s only only 31 years old, but she’s already one tough cookie, so I’m sure Johnson does as he’s told.

Polly Toynbee in the Guardian wrote:

“When Carrie Symonds is reported to be railing at him for ruining her sofa with red wine, shouting “You don’t just care for anything because you’re spoilt. You have no care for money or anything” she lands a direct hit on everything about him that should give Tory members, and the rest of us, pause for thought: the sense of entitlement, the privilege and the fecklessness.”

Ms Toynbee went on to say that Johnson parks his car outside and ignores the parking tickets:

“Another neighbour was reported as saying: ‘It’s got loads of parking tickets on it. He just leaves it here. He doesn’t care.’ That’s the attitude: parking tickets are for little people. That cavalier posh-boy spoiled behaviour should truly upset law abiding Tory party members.”

This is the link to her article in full: 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/commentisfree/2019/jun/22/boris-johnson-character-issue-nation

The whole incident is, in one sense, much ado about nothing. All couples argue, sometimes very loudly. I don’t like Johnson, but rather than trying to smear him with false accusations of domestic violence, I would prefer people see the incident for what it is: yet another example of his sense of entitlement as an “Old Etonian princeling politician” who has no real regard for the rest of us.

Archived