Myth: Strong baht deterring western tourists to Thailand

rooster59

On 6/22/2019 at 9:33 PM, chama said:

But what about tourist spending g levels? That after all is what the economy needs to thrive.

Really,

What about the spending levels of farlangs, temporary resident in Thailand .

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On June 23, 2019 at 10:34 PM, 30la said:

Absolutely right, don't forget that the economy in the EU and the US has been falling for a long time and that the journey costs more because of the distance. Thailand must try to change its monetary policy, exports are already suffering and the Baht risks a dangerous fall like years ago!

Economy in the US is falling????? Stock markets are at record levels last I looked. I hate to say it, but the trumpster has turned things around .as far as the EU?????? You're right on that one!

8 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Economy in the US is falling????? Stock markets are at record levels last I looked. I hate to say it, but the trumpster has turned things around .as far as the EU?????? You're right on that one!

its almost 20 years since US had a balanced budget,

they just keep on digging them self deeper in debt,

and not one think they can even stop digging

On 7/30/2019 at 11:43 PM, Ron jeremy said:

They drop interest rates which is a sign the economy is tanking and share prices go up.

Clearly someone who has <deleted> all understanding of how a functioning economy should work.

On 6/23/2019 at 12:10 PM, hotchilli said:

Single or couple tourists might not be influenced by the currency exchange rate as they wish to come here & party, and have a dual income to pay for it.

However the family group consisting of parents plus 2 or 3 kids might well be choosing a cheaper destination, not only in flight deals but spending power when here.. there are much better deals to be had elsewhere. 

An example I have a German friend with a family who always came here each year for the last 10 years... instead of coming here for 2 weeks this year he took his family to a beach resort in Egypt for one month for exactly the same money.

He said Thailand is now off the list.

The people from the UK must be among the worst affected by the strong Baht, I understand from reports that all the planes flying between the UK and Thailand are still always full, I remember on my first trip to Thailand with KLM when we were getting around 70 Bt to the GBP, on my return trip I had the three window side seats to myself.

Archived