Chuan warns MPs to be honest, to not abuse their privileges

rooster59

Chuan warns MPs to be honest, to not abuse their privileges

fcf8b774efe8770ff27c55a13e2aa08b54c48985ff1e76c7081f6356c7149e0f.jpg

Members of parliament have been told by House speaker Chuan Leekpai to be honest in the performance of their duty, in compliance with ethical standards. They must refrain from abusing their privileges and The Speaker warned them that their malpractices may return to haunt them in the future.

Regarding MP air and train travel perks, Mr. Chuan warned MPs not to let other people use them in their place or to refuse to pay airlines or travel agencies for air tickets, as some former MPs did before to the point that the companies complained in writing to parliament to demand the outstanding air fares.

He further reminded the MPs of the etiquette of boarding a passenger plane, saying that they should not be late or make the plane wait for them. MPs also shouldn’t let other people use their right to free travel on Transport Company’s bus services or bother Thai embassies when they make overseas study or inspection trips and to be aware of the proper dress code when attending formal social functions.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chuan-warns-mps-to-be-honest-to-not-abuse-their-privileges/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-06-22

17 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Members of parliament have been told by House speaker Chuan Leekpai to be honest in the performance of their duty, in compliance with ethical standards. They must refrain from abusing their privileges and The Speaker warned them that their malpractices may return to haunt them in the future.

"May" may not as well, wasted words............................

42 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

That's the funniest thing I've read all day, I like a bit of humour!

"They must refrain from abusing their privileges and The Speaker warned them that their malpractices may return to haunt them in the future".

Yeah, that will go over well as a tremendously, big deterrent.

Works for everyone else now doesn't it?

This is so stupendously absurd, given the context of a treasonous coup, a constant, constant, constant delay of the 'election', the gerrymandering that ensured, the rigging of the election, the rigging of the system of apportioning seats, the totally biased and one-sided persecution of politicians that the junta dislikes .... on and on and on - and this clown is saying 'Now, please, good ladies and gentlemen, remember to be honest. We are all Good People, so ethics are important for us. Thank you, my honourable ladies and gentlemen.'

The absolute hypocrisy - indeed, reality-detachment, to levels of SERIOUS mental illness (nothing less than that) - is stunning in this truly sick, sick culture.

44 minutes ago, Eligius said:

This is so stupendously absurd, given the context of a treasonous coup, a constant, constant, constant delay of the 'election', the gerrymandering that ensured, the rigging of the election, the rigging of the system of apportioning seats, the totally biased and one-sided persecution of politicians that the junta dislikes .... on and on and on - and this clown is saying 'Now, please, good ladies and gentlemen, remember to be honest. We are all Good People, so ethics are important for us. Thank you, my honourable ladies and gentlemen.'

The absolute hypocrisy - indeed, reality-detachment, to levels of SERIOUS mental illness (nothing less than that) - is stunning in this truly sick, sick culture.

Yeah. It’s so absurd it even boggles the general Thai person’s mind. 

Other countries do not even provide such perks and priviledges. If an MP has to travel, the tickets are provided for by a central travel agency incorporated in the government house. Aviation travel would have to be on Thai Airways anyway so get TG to take care of it - problem solved!

It is amazing they can say all these things with straight face.  The delusions these people are under goes far beyond anything drug induced.  Considering the source, it is laughable, and considering there is a need for this to even be said is beyond imagination.   An epic breakdown of appropriateness. 

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Regarding MP air and train travel perks, Mr. Chuan warned MPs not to let other people use them in their place or to refuse to pay airlines or travel agencies for air tickets, as some former MPs did before to the point that the companies complained in writing to parliament to demand the outstanding air fares.

Are these cases of " Do you know who I am " or what .. Jeez you gotta have some front to book a plane ticket and then not pay for it .. And I bet they maxed out on the freebie inflight nibbles and drink .. 

I used to have a lot of respect for this man when he was PM and I still think he was the most honest PM that Thailand had so far - but even he stumbled over the corrupt, thieving bastards a la Suthep in his own party and government. After these last few weeks I am not sure what to think about him. - But I still have hope that Chuan will come through one day soon when the country needs an honest person to take a decision that might go against the scoundrels who have taken over this country! Time will tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived