BANGKOK 19 July 2019 08:25
Thailand

Extension of Stay monthly income - Bank reference GPSD

Aiming to do extension of stay based on retirement with monthly income +leniency!

Just received 12 month statement from Bangkok Bank head office and it has references that I have not seen before, I can check at branch tomorrow but just thought someone may know.

The first ref (particulars) for overseas deposits is still Bahtnet although when it comes to "via" it shows "GPSD HEAD OFFICE".

The only thing I can find for GPSD is "Bangkok Bank Global Payment & Services Dept" (GPSD). Is that the indicator the funds are from overseas and acceptable to whomever? 

No guesses thanks, if you know great.

What you found looks correct.

You could call the office in Bangkok that handles international transfers and is probably the department that code refers to. This is the phone number for that office.022301323. They speak good English and have helped me before.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What you found looks correct.

You could call the office in Bangkok that handles international transfers and is probably the department that code refers to. This is the phone number for that office.022301323. They speak good English and have helped me before.

Thanks.

The reference is only on those funds that have been received from overseas, just need to find if this is an acceptable reference for BB to provide the golden "immigration letter".

BB bank in Chiangmai had previously declined to provide the letter based on Bahtnet transfers however the "GPSD" is only shown on the statement from head office, it does not appear on the bank book or statements provided locally.

My Bangkok Bank branch { small one in a Tesco } said they can give me a letter showing transfers UK to Thailand for the whole year. They just want the example letter published on TV somewhere that I showed them to copy. Cost Baht 100. It will take 2 hours.

8 hours ago, pontious said:

My Bangkok Bank branch { small one in a Tesco } said they can give me a letter showing transfers UK to Thailand for the whole year. They just want the example letter published on TV somewhere that I showed them to copy. Cost Baht 100. It will take 2 hours.

Thanks

So they said GPSD HEAD OFFICE was acceptable as confirmation the deposits came from overseas?

1 hour ago, pontious said:

From UK they always arrive FTT.

That depends upon how they were sent and which bank it was transferred to.

Many banks do not use the FTT code. Some transfers go through a intermediary bank here that causes the transfers to be shown as a domestic transfer.

1 hour ago, pontious said:

From UK they always arrive FTT.

If you read my original post you can see that my transfers from overseas do not arrive FTT hence the reason for the post in the first place.

54 minutes ago, Thailand said:

If you read my original post you can see that my transfers from overseas do not arrive FTT hence the reason for the post in the first place.

Maybe Joe can post the 2 example bank letters from Bangkok Bank - I can never find anything on TV.

If you show them to your local bank branch they may be able to help. Jomtien IO certainly accept them - they even show them as an example. I remember one letter said something like:

1.1.19             USD XXX                 THB XXXX

3.2.19            USD XXX                 THB XXXX

etc etc

2 minutes ago, pontious said:

Maybe Joe can post the 2 example bank letters from Bangkok Bank - I can never find anything on TV.

If you show them to your local bank branch they may be able to help. Jomtien IO certainly accept them - they even show them as an example. I remember one letter said something like:

1.1.19             USD XXX                 THB XXXX

3.2.19            USD XXX                 THB XXXX

etc etc

I am aware of the letters I have copies. My bank would not issue a letter based on deposits via Bahtnet. The statement from head office which refers to GPSD HEAD OFFICE,again, this is the purpose of the post do you know if this is acceptable?

12 minutes ago, Thailand said:

do you know if this is acceptable?

No idea.

3 minutes ago, pontious said:

No idea.

So if you had actually read the first post you could have saved a lot of wasted time.

8 minutes ago, Thailand said:

So if you had actually read the first post you could have saved a lot of wasted time.

You're the one wasting time here asking if anyone knows if Chiang Mai (?) Immigration office will accept what your BB long-form statement indicates.

I think a trip to to your local Immigration office would be far more helpful, no?

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You're the one wasting time here asking if anyone knows if Chiang Mai (?) Immigration office will accept what your BB long-form statement indicates.

I think a trip to to your local Immigration office would be far more helpful, no?

As it is a bank query and not an immigration problem that would be a bit pointless. And as I said in the first post I will check with BB today if nobody had the answer, is that OK with you?

I find it amusing that any bank would not know if a transfer is from another country.

In fact, I specifically asked about this at my local branch of BB.  I was informed that FTT means from a foreign source (as far as Immigration is concerned) I was also informed that yes Bangkok B knows fully well that when I use my ATM card from a US bank, that the funds must necessarily come from a foreign source.  The banker said that Immigration doesn't care about this fact but only wants to see the FTT ( or possibly some other code? My banker only mentioned the FTT) in the bank book. The "letter" from the bank, according to my bank officer, is more confusion for the bank, as the source of funds is not an unknown.  Any SWIFT transfer is coded FTT(again according to my bank officer) This from my visit this week to my local branch.