Is it "taboo" to talk about money with your Thai girlfriend?

andux

We've been dating for 2 years, and we are both in our 30s. She runs her own business and makes really good money, even for international standards.

However, when we go out or travel I usually cover the costs, due to her conservative beliefs. She believes men should always pay on dates and trips. She helps from time to time but she says she does it out of kindness and that it's not her responsibility to pay.

Anyways, my business has been slow lately so I suggested going Dutch in dinner dates and inexpensive trips, or somehow make a pool of "fun money" and other shared costs, at least temporarily, while I focus my resources on getting my profits back to normal. She went completely crazy, and basically dumped me on the spot. She said I was selfish and that I only cared about myself, and not about her feelings. She also got a bit violent and I felt she was going to hit me, but she started hitting herself instead. I had to stop her as she started punching her own head with increasing strength.

Was I really wrong with my suggestion? Is discussing financial matters some kind of taboo topic in Thailand, or overly sensitive?

Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, andux said:

She also got a bit violent and I felt she was going to hit me, but she started hitting herself instead.

I'd stay, cheaper than PPV and the fights recently have been either boring or fixed...

If you could discreetly video her solo MMA bouts, you could even make a bit of cash on the side !! 

Where is the picture of this 30+ year old woman with demands?

Tell her she has two options:

a) she pays

b) you look for a 20 year old and then you pay

I bet she will scream and shout and then select option a - because her prime is over and she knows it.

48 minutes ago, andux said:

Anyways, my business has been slow lately so I suggested going Dutch in dinner dates and inexpensive trips, or somehow make a pool of "fun money" and other shared costs, at least temporarily, while I focus my resources on getting my profits back to normal. She went completely crazy, and basically dumped me on the spot. She said I was selfish and that I only cared about myself, and not about her feelings. She also got a bit violent and I felt she was going to hit me, but she started hitting herself instead. I had to stop her as she started punching her own head with increasing strength.

Take your phone out and video her hitting herself, just in case she goes along to the police later and suggests it was you hitting her.

As for shared costs, if you gotta pay, might as well go with someone younger.

As you have just found out It's only taboo to talk about it if you ask them to pay towards some costs - you're footing all the bills while she keeps the high wages she earns in the bank

Dump her - there are millions more around

1 hour ago, andux said:

She runs her own business and makes really good money, even for international standards.

Well there is one sector of activity that springs to mind here. Especially with the antics she displayed when about to lose one of her best customers.

She was just annoyed because she blew 8t before she got the house and car !

Don't worry though there will be another one waiting for you right around the next soi.

Think yourself lucky ! You got out early.

Geez I wish I was your age and had some dosh to play with, and lived in Thailand. I sure as hell wouldn't be coming onto a public forum asking for advice from a bunch of sour, old, has been farts (like me).

Just kidding, move on today, right now and good luck. You're already lucky that she showed her true colours this soon.

RE: She also got a bit violent and I felt she was going to hit me, but she started hitting herself instead. I had to stop her as she started punching her own head with increasing strength.

Why do people take rubbish comments like this seriously?

Obviously the OP is trolling and/or spamming, but it's just so bloody infantile. 

How can you be so sure he is a troll?

I'm not convinced about it. That said, his OP does lack some vital information. Like what work does he do that has been "slow".

"She also got a bit violent and I felt she was going to hit me, but she started hitting herself instead. I had to stop her as she started punching her own head with increasing strength. "

Your problems are considerably more than just her being unwilling to share costs.

Run, don't walk.

30 minutes ago, neeray said:

I'm not convinced about it. That said, his OP does lack some vital information. Like what work does he do that has been "slow".

Because girls don't start punching themselves in the head "with increasing strength".

Sure, a lot of the local girls who hook up with westerners have obvious mental disorders, but here the OP is pushing things way too far. 

I'm calling a spade a spade. 

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Where is the picture of this 30+ year old woman with demands?

Tell her she has two options:

a) she pays

b) you look for a 20 year old and then you pay

I bet she will scream and shout and then select option a - because her prime is over and she knows it.

I agree. I wanted a partnership though. But I guess it's not going to be possible with her.

All her friends her age date older guys, which might tell me something about what they all want.

6 minutes ago, Pharoticus said:

Because girls don't start punching themselves in the head "with increasing strength".

Sure, a lot of the local girls who hook up with westerners have obvious mental disorders, but here the OP is pushing things way too far. 

I'm calling a spade a spade. 

Well that's what she did. She started slapping the sides of her head, with both hands. Then she went faster and faster, closed her fists, and kept going, increasingly fast. It all happened really fast, and I stopped her while she was hitting herself with her fists closed.

It's fine if you don't believe it, I'm just telling people what happened.

She has shown in the past problems controlling her emotions by the way, not just with me, but I had never seen her displaying any signs of physical violence.

50 minutes ago, Pharoticus said:

RE: She also got a bit violent and I felt she was going to hit me, but she started hitting herself instead. I had to stop her as she started punching her own head with increasing strength.

Why do people take rubbish comments like this seriously?

Obviously the OP is trolling and/or spamming, but it's just so bloody infantile. 

I would have invited a few mates to come over with beer and watch the entertainment of a one person boxing match

9 minutes ago, andux said:

But I guess it's not going to be possible with her.

It's not possible with any woman.

Especially if you're bright enough to notice what they really think of you, and are not delusional.

You really should have taken a video, we would have all liked to have seen it.

Don't be selfish and share.

47 minutes ago, neeray said:

Well obviously I'm not going to post details about my business here.

Without going into much detail, what I can say is that my (small) business is abroad, and profits have significantly declined during the last few months, so naturally I've been forced to cut my spending while riding the storm.

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's not possible with any woman.

Especially if you're bright enough to notice what they really think of you, and are not delusional.

You really should have taken a video, we would have all liked to have seen it.

Don't be selfish and share.

No video this time sorry.

But next time I have a girl over I'll set up my camera and then proceed to tell her to pay for her shit.

Archived